Apple - Mac, iStuff, and Such

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby 35mmpaul on Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:08 pm

Hard drive. You can get a 2tb western digital drive for like $80 bucks
35mmpaul
Art Expert

jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!

Postby RottenAtom on Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:15 pm

35mmpaul wrote:Hard drive. You can get a 2tb western digital drive for like $80 bucks

Perfect. I need to get on that. Thanks.

Do you use a program or something that automatically backs everything up, or do it manually?
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby MJGallicchio on Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:16 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:Hard drive. You can get a 2tb western digital drive for like $80 bucks

Perfect. I need to get on that. Thanks.

Do you use a program or something that automatically backs everything up, or do it manually?

I just use a WD hard drive and Apple's built in time machine.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby 35mmpaul on Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:20 pm

what he said ^^^^^
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Postby NoseSpray on Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:32 pm

Snagged a 13" w/ Touch Bar today. Amazon has $200 off the top end model. For the wife, of course. Her Late 2012 rMBP AppleCare ends 10/31/16, so we'll drop that off tomorrow to take care of the freezing and trackpad issues. Then sell it on ebay once we get it back.
NoseSpray
Art Connoisseur

Postby MJGallicchio on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:47 pm

I really want AirPods, but I also feel like I'm an idiot for really wanting AirPods. Did any of you grab a pair? Thoughts so far?
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby 35mmpaul on Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:37 pm

I have test drove them. And they sound better than I expected them too.

I don't have a wireless fetish for audio equipment. My thing is more fidelity more than anything else and wireless just doesn't sound as good.

If it were me I would spend $150 on Etymotic brand headphones. But they are probably going to be wired.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Postby MJGallicchio on Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:21 am

35mmpaul wrote:I have test drove them. And they sound better than I expected them too.

I don't have a wireless fetish for audio equipment. My thing is more fidelity more than anything else and wireless just doesn't sound as good.

If it were me I would spend $150 on Etymotic brand headphones. But they are probably going to be wired.

Thanks. I agree and if I pull the trigger, it wouldn't be for fidelity, it would be more for the convenience of being wireless. I have a couple of cheap bluetooth sets and they're okay, but the fit is off and they're a PITA to sync and charge and all of that. #FirstWorldProblems
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby MJGallicchio on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:57 pm

“Apple is currently finalizing designs for their Alexa competitor, expected to be marketed as a Siri/AirPlay device,” Sonny Dickson said on Twitter.

Dickson, who has a decent track record when leaking details about unreleased Apple products (especially iPhones) also said the upcoming Echo rival is “believed to carry some form of Beats technology, and is expected to run [an iOS variant].”

The insider did not mention anything about an actual launch date for the product, or a price.

I'm way more excited about a standalone Siri device than I should be.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby Vorpel on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:50 pm

MJGallicchio wrote:
“Apple is currently finalizing designs for their Alexa competitor, expected to be marketed as a Siri/AirPlay device,” Sonny Dickson said on Twitter.

Dickson, who has a decent track record when leaking details about unreleased Apple products (especially iPhones) also said the upcoming Echo rival is “believed to carry some form of Beats technology, and is expected to run [an iOS variant].”

The insider did not mention anything about an actual launch date for the product, or a price.

I'm way more excited about a standalone Siri device than I should be.

I love Apple products (have iphone, ipad, AppleTV). I think Apple is going to have a difficult time if they are looking to do a competing product to the Amazon Echo. I've had one for about a year now and use it for timers, info, weather and most importantly lighting controls with Lutron Caseta switches. Very convenient. Apple will need to open their platform aka Echo skills if they want to get a lot of traction.

I sure hope they are up for it!
Vorpel
Art Connoisseur

Previous

Return to Anything Goes