What book(s) are you reading???

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby hulings on Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:05 pm

ricv64 wrote:Image

oh good god. I just purchased this from Amazon. I sat in d'Orsay and stared at these for half the day. Thank you for posting this.
hulings
Art Connoisseur

Postby soam24 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:50 am

hulings wrote:
ricv64 wrote:Image

oh good god. I just purchased this from Amazon. I sat in d'Orsay and stared at these for half the day. Thank you for posting this.

good read?
soam24
Art Freak

Image http://numberedpaper.bigcartel.com/ <- buy art
TheGeneralDean wrote:Sarcasm is the first resort of the oblivious n the last refuge of the uneducated, so I understand why none of this makes sense to you

Postby Irishman12 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:53 pm

MANY YEARS FROM NOW

My first book on Paul McCartney but a fantastic read! Very in depth and covered a wide range of topics from his upbringing, to Linda, to Allen Klein to of course, the meat and potatoes of the book: The Beatles. I loved how Paul told his recollections of songwriting with John. Who wrote what and how much of a song was written by any particular person. As well as going through their later albums in more depth about what mood he was in or what inspirations were for certain songs. A straight from the horses mouth book that's as close to an autobiography as we're going to get from Sir Paul McCartney. My only knock would be sometimes the book I felt could give too much background information, setting up a scene. I would feel in some cases it would go on longer than I would have liked but in other circumstances, I appreciated the information. For example, the book begins about the city of Liverpool and how important it is as a port town, etc. Next up will probably be George Harrison's I ME MINE but I'm going to give myself a break for a bit.
Irishman12
Art Enthusiast

Postby ricv64 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:56 pm

Yeah I plowed through it in a day and a half . I've read a few others by him . I'm hoping in 2019 the part 2 of the current Monet exhibit has some big lillies .

Picked this up too at the library but haven't started it

ricv64
Art Expert

shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila

Previous

Return to Anything Goes