Watches thread- what'chu got?

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby evilpresence on Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:13 pm

cgmarshall wrote:I just got this as a gift, from my big brother on my wedding day... :shock:
(Green Rolex Submariner)

A watch for generations, congrats.
evilpresence
Art Expert

Postby Danno1 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:21 pm

hunterjax wrote:Just found this awesome thread!

My grandfather had a great collection of vintage watches that I and my cousins used to look at/play with all the time as kids: Omegas, Bulovas, Swiss Army, tons of others . . . really got me into them and I always had a ton of Swatch watches and Ironman's and Casio's when I was a kid, all the way through college.

My dad had only one that he searched for years and gave to my grandfather to care for and tinker with; when my dad died, my grandfather gave it to me. I'm at work now, but will add a pic later.

I always wanted to inherit some of the watches my grandfather had when he passed, but I have a sleazy cousin that went into his house the day after my grandfather went into a hospital for the final time, cleaned out all the watches and sold them for drug money. Breaks my heart, not because of the value lost, but because the watches meant so much to my grandfather, and as we grew up, I was the only one that still talked to him about them and shared a love for them with him.

When I found out that the watches were all gone I was so bummed out that it sort of killed my love of watches.

Stumbling into this thread today, going through page by page, reminded me of why I liked them so much for so many years - the beauty of engineering and style melded into something as practical as can be.

(I'm sure my wife will be thrilled that I can now add watches back into my collecting habits along with paper and comics, lol!)

Damn, yeah that would kinda make me even sick to think about watches.
Danno1
Art Expert

stay thirsty my friends

Postby bkboy77 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:04 pm

cgmarshall wrote:I just got this as a gift, from my big brother on my wedding day... :shock:
(Green Rolex Submariner)

congratulations! wear the watch in good health and blissful marriage.
bkboy77
Art Expert

fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.

Postby hunterjax on Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:06 pm

Danno1 wrote:
hunterjax wrote:Just found this awesome thread!

My grandfather had a great collection of vintage watches that I and my cousins used to look at/play with all the time as kids: Omegas, Bulovas, Swiss Army, tons of others . . . really got me into them and I always had a ton of Swatch watches and Ironman's and Casio's when I was a kid, all the way through college.

My dad had only one that he searched for years and gave to my grandfather to care for and tinker with; when my dad died, my grandfather gave it to me. I'm at work now, but will add a pic later.

I always wanted to inherit some of the watches my grandfather had when he passed, but I have a sleazy cousin that went into his house the day after my grandfather went into a hospital for the final time, cleaned out all the watches and sold them for drug money. Breaks my heart, not because of the value lost, but because the watches meant so much to my grandfather, and as we grew up, I was the only one that still talked to him about them and shared a love for them with him.

When I found out that the watches were all gone I was so bummed out that it sort of killed my love of watches.

Stumbling into this thread today, going through page by page, reminded me of why I liked them so much for so many years - the beauty of engineering and style melded into something as practical as can be.

(I'm sure my wife will be thrilled that I can now add watches back into my collecting habits along with paper and comics, lol!)

Damn, yeah that would kinda make me even sick to think about watches.

It did for a long time, but looking through here it just brought up great memories and would love to start collecting and sharing that with my kids now and hopefully be able to pass along that interest to them.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby Xander on Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:40 pm

I'm selling a brand new Uniform Wares M42 chronograph watch for men if anyone is interested, just PM me. It's the polished steel model with a black leather strap. It has never been worn, but doesn't come with the original packaging. :oops:

:pint:
Xander
Art Expert

Postby novascotiapower on Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:29 pm

The only watch I'll ever need! I've had it for about ten years now with no issues. Might give it a rest soon, as I live in fear it's just going to stop one of these days.

novascotiapower
Art Connoisseur

Postby OtherAlien on Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:36 pm

I wear a Hamilton Khaki Navy Pioneer that I like a lot. My hands/wrists are a little smaller than average, so the more traditional/smaller size to it works well for me.

IMG_0478.jpg
IMG_0478.jpg (103.32 KiB) Viewed 918 times
OtherAlien

Postby AryaSpeedWagon on Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:50 am

The Horse, Black White and Tan. I love these watches. So simple and clean and pretty.
AryaSpeedWagon
New User

Postby canuck on Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:30 am

Xander wrote:I'm selling a brand new Uniform Wares M42 chronograph watch for men if anyone is interested, just PM me. It's the polished steel model with a black leather strap. It has never been worn, but doesn't come with the original packaging. :oops:

:pint:

Whatever a lowball offer is. I am offering that.

Hey man, there is no box.
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby LeeKaye on Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:18 am

Took me a long time to find this. Finally got it off a fellow collector on a non watch FB group. Black mesh strap, which you can just about see.

LeeKaye
Art Expert

Postby alittle on Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:25 pm

Just had this arrive today:

alittle
Art Freak

Postby padelimike on Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:29 pm

neat watches, but do any of 'em have an EB listing?
padelimike
Art Connoisseur

Postby canuck on Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:30 pm

Perfect timing.

:ziggi:
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby mrkyuss on Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:30 am

Anyone got a Avenger or Blackbird?
mrkyuss
Art God