Did you exercise today?

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby iwokeinrelief on Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:15 pm

soam24 wrote:Anyone who hasn't tried with intermittent fasting should hop on the train.

I've been doing it for about 8 months now? Started with 12 hours. Up to not eating after 730 am and not until before 1030/11 am. I feel good. Body has reacted very well. Definitely body fat is down from doing this.

I'm confused (I've never looked into intermittent fasting) - are you saying that you only don't eat from 7:30am to 11am?
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Postby soam24 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:17 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:
soam24 wrote:Anyone who hasn't tried with intermittent fasting should hop on the train.

I've been doing it for about 8 months now? Started with 12 hours. Up to not eating after 730 pm and not until before 1030/11 am. I feel good. Body has reacted very well. Definitely body fat is down from doing this.

I'm confused (I've never looked into intermittent fasting) - are you saying that you only don't eat from 7:30am to 11am?

Typo'd.

I don't eat after 730 pm and not before 11am (ish). so almost 16 hours the body doesn't get anything aside from water.
soam24
Art Freak

Postby michaelmillichamp on Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:35 pm

soam24 wrote:Typo'd.

I don't eat after 730 pm and not before 11am (ish). so almost 16 hours the body doesn't get anything aside from water.

But you still maintain your calorie intake normally? It's not like you're cutting a meal out for a deficit?
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Postby iwokeinrelief on Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:35 pm

soam24 wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:

I've been doing it for about 8 months now? Started with 12 hours. Up to not eating after 730 pm and not until before 1030/11 am. I feel good. Body has reacted very well. Definitely body fat is down from doing this.

Typo'd.

Ohhh. Okay, that makes a lot more sense :D

With my morning rides occurring at 4am, I'm not sure I could support only water until 11am; might research further though. Need to lose some stubborn mid-section fat...
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Postby soam24 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:00 pm

michaelmillichamp wrote:
soam24 wrote:Typo'd.

But you still maintain your calorie intake normally? It's not like you're cutting a meal out for a deficit?

Yes, not cutting calories. Maintaining all the same food / calories but just in that smaller window of eating. I must say my body has reacted very well. I feel great. No real hunger urges believe it or not. Sure, at first, but now I think the body is trained. Definitely with the cardio and weights I feel like fat is being burned at an accelerated rate. Days of heavy cardio I will follow the next day with increased calorie intake. The weekends I tend to cheat a bit with eating a little earlier, but overall I'm holding steady.
soam24
Art Freak

Postby soam24 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:11 pm

I encourage everyone to start. Be it 12 hours. It's very easy. I mean if you sleep a solid 8 hours, don't eat 2 before and 2 after and you're already there. Gotta experiment with the body as you don't know how it will react to anything until you try it.
soam24
Art Freak

Postby ccsmd598 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:18 pm

soam24 wrote:I encourage everyone to start. Be it 12 hours. It's very easy. I mean if you sleep a solid 8 hours, don't eat 2 before and 2 after and you're already there. Gotta experiment with the body as you don't know how it will react to anything until you try it.

Good to hear man! Glad you found something that's working for you. Like you said, with any diet you have to give whatever it is some time and blind faith that it'll work. That transition period from start --> first noticeable results is always hard. Good stuff tho!
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!

Postby soam24 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:22 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:
soam24 wrote:I encourage everyone to start. Be it 12 hours. It's very easy. I mean if you sleep a solid 8 hours, don't eat 2 before and 2 after and you're already there. Gotta experiment with the body as you don't know how it will react to anything until you try it.

Good to hear man! Glad you found something that's working for you. Like you said, with any diet you have to give whatever it is some time and blind faith that it'll work. That transition period from start --> first noticeable results is always hard. Good stuff tho!

Absolutely, it's insane to think i've been doing it for that long already without even really noticing. It's just natural at this point in time.

I wouldn't doubt if you hit states of keto during it (just a guess don't quote me) when the body needs fuel and it knows it doesn't have readily available food sources incoming so it will go to fat burning.
soam24
Art Freak

Postby zefarrett on Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:34 pm

The issue is I wake up between 430 and 530 to run a lot of days. I think my body would break if I couldn’t eat for like 6 hours after doing a tough track workout.
zefarrett
Art Freak

me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)

Postby whiskaz on Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:39 pm

I have put on copipus amounts of weight in the last couple of years (man does time fly). I'm miserable mentally and physically. I can't seem to find the discipline I need to get back to the grind.

IF is a great eating protocol. I just appreciate not having to worry about eating something all the time. Even though I'm fat now, I still skip breakfast, sometimes lunch, and it doesn't really bother me. It comes in handy. Especially nice when you like big meals but are cutting calories.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Postby soam24 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:51 pm

zefarrett wrote:The issue is I wake up between 430 and 530 to run a lot of days. I think my body would break if I couldn’t eat for like 6 hours after doing a tough track workout.

I'm sure you could figure out some alternative to break it up. Obviously tough given everyone's schedule. But many top athlete's do it.
soam24
Art Freak

Postby Vorpel on Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:19 pm

Been doing IF (intermittent fasting) now for about 6 weeks. Did a lot of reading up on it and talked with my doctor who said that all the research she has reviewed it doesn't hurt and has helped a lot of people (caution - if you have health issues check with your doctor first!)

Besides the fat burning and weight loss I've noticed two really awesome benefits to IF:

1. My worst eating issues were always after dinner - watching TV, etc. Now when I'm done with dinner I can't wait to start IF (currently using an app on my iphone called Zero - really cool!)
2. I keep my calorie intake the same on IF as off (currently doing Weight Watchers), so when I do eat I don't really feel like I'm on a diet like I used to. I still need to make smart choices about what I eat, but by the time dinner comes around I'm done with eating and getting excited about starting IF and looking forward to the next day.

I've really been surprised by the fact that I feel better doing IF in my body that I have in a long time. I target the 16/8 IF which is 16 hours fasting, then 8 hours where I can eat. This has also seriously motivated me to work out in the mornings so that I am putting the energy demand on my body when my stomach is empty and that (according to what I've read) kicks the body into keytosis (sp?) which is fat burning and that effect can last for a couple of hours after you complete your workout.

The last thing about IF that i really like is that if I decide to skip a day or two on the weekend for schedule reasons, etc. it doesn't hurt. I've personally found it pretty easy to get back into at the start of the week.

Good luck and keep up the hard work everyone!
Vorpel
Art Connoisseur

Postby soam24 on Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:26 pm

Vorpel wrote:Been doing IF (intermittent fasting) now for about 6 weeks. Did a lot of reading up on it and talked with my doctor who said that all the research she has reviewed it doesn't hurt and has helped a lot of people (caution - if you have health issues check with your doctor first!)

Besides the fat burning and weight loss I've noticed two really awesome benefits to IF:

1. My worst eating issues were always after dinner - watching TV, etc. Now when I'm done with dinner I can't wait to start IF (currently using an app on my iphone called Zero - really cool!)
2. I keep my calorie intake the same on IF as off (currently doing Weight Watchers), so when I do eat I don't really feel like I'm on a diet like I used to. I still need to make smart choices about what I eat, but by the time dinner comes around I'm done with eating and getting excited about starting IF and looking forward to the next day.

I've really been surprised by the fact that I feel better doing IF in my body that I have in a long time. I target the 16/8 IF which is 16 hours fasting, then 8 hours where I can eat. This has also seriously motivated me to work out in the mornings so that I am putting the energy demand on my body when my stomach is empty and that (according to what I've read) kicks the body into keytosis (sp?) which is fat burning and that effect can last for a couple of hours after you complete your workout.

The last thing about IF that i really like is that if I decide to skip a day or two on the weekend for schedule reasons, etc. it doesn't hurt. I've personally found it pretty easy to get back into at the start of the week.

Good luck and keep up the hard work everyone!

Love it. Keep it up!!
soam24
Art Freak

Postby samjohns123 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:28 am

I use yoga to improve my health and stretch the body after 8 hours of sitting at work and I`m just curious who is doing yoga too?
samjohns123

Postby FrankBooth on Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:23 pm

Buckled down more recently and have steadily been increasing my running.

Down another 5lbs over the last few weeks.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImage Image

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes