Did you exercise today?

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby RottenAtom on Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:18 pm

zefarrett wrote:
I've got 133 miles logged this year so far.

:shock:

Not bad! Especially considering the weather. They're renovating our apartment offices and have moved the offices into the gym closing it down. Not going to be up for quite some time. I've been running outside rain or shine.

Finally got some respectable running shoes as the sole on my dunks finally ripped off. Anybody ever wear the brand On from Switzerland? My dad manages some shoe stores in Michigan and he got 'em for me. They fit like a Nike Presto. Digging them so far.

RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby soam24 on Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:28 pm

They look sharp that's for sure.
soam24
Art Freak

Postby zefarrett on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:28 pm

I have wide feet so I wear asics. Getting fitted at an actual running store was one of the best things ever. My goal this year is to break 1000 miles outside. I'm easily on pace, but it's a cool goal to me as I've never done it before. :D

Tell your dad to let me borrow a pair. I'll Even Instagram them! 8)
zefarrett
Art Freak

me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)

Postby evilpresence on Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:37 pm

willg wrote:
willg wrote:Been a rough year trying to keep healthy, had a lot of joint and nerve issues. Getting old sucks. Started taking black seed oil, curcumin, and cbd oil a couple of months ago and the difference has been pretty remarkable. Feel great and have been training hard again. Hopefully it continues.

Haven't been taking the cbd oil since December but continued with the black seed oil and curcumin. I don't remember the last time my joints/connective tissue have felt this good. Just thought it was worth mentioning if anyone out there suffers from some type of joint inflammation issues.

I'm not familiar with black seed oil, but I have read that adding 1/4 teaspoon of curry powder or black pepper to your curcumin will enhance the effectiveness by up to 100% and up to 2000% respectively. (nutritionfacts.org) Turmeric is on the list for me to add to our meals weekly.

Also last month Dr. Rhonda Patrick posted a podcast that inflammation could assist with depression. (foundmyfitness.com) She also uploaded a youtube video yesterday which discusses this as well. Though I'm not in the category of depression, those that might suffer could potentially knock out two issues (inflammation/depression) by taking curcumin.

I am not a doctor.

And for the shoe talk, I wear Brooks Ghost 9. They fit extremely well.
evilpresence
Art Expert

Postby soam24 on Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:47 pm

zefarrett wrote:I have wide feet so I wear asics. Getting fitted at an actual running store was one of the best things ever. My goal this year is to break 1000 miles outside. I'm easily on pace, but it's a cool goal to me as I've never done it before. :D

Tell your dad to let me borrow a pair. I'll Even Instagram them! 8)

Same here with the wide feet. Love my reebok's
soam24
Art Freak

Postby Scottjohnston on Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:45 pm

Wide feet peeps should be checkin New Balance and Inov-8's. New Balance especially, as I believe they're one of the only ones who do EE widths.
Scottjohnston
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImage

Postby RottenAtom on Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:20 pm

I have super skinny feet. I used to have to get shoes that were too short in length so they didn't slide around during sports or add thick insoles. Shoes that fit snug around your foot like Prestos work well for me.

Raining like crazy in Houston and I wanted to get my run out of the way and get on with a lazy day so I did some puddle stomping. Felt like a little kid out there splashing around. Fun, but I'm glad that's over with :lol:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby zefarrett on Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:50 pm

Surpassed 200 miles running this year according to strava. Well on my way to my goal of breaking 1000.
zefarrett
Art Freak

me owwww

Postby zefarrett on Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:51 pm

It was so insanely nice out yesterday. Went for a run which turned into my longest run yet. 15.5 miles (25k) in 2:16:41. My legs were jello after.
zefarrett
Art Freak

me owwww

Postby PLUSH on Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:21 pm

Made it back to the gym after having 2 surgeries the past 4 months. Microdiscectomy in October and partial colectomy 6 weeks ago. Man rebuilding that core after those 40 staples is a bitch. :evil:
PLUSH
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:31 pm

Run streak is at 297 days. Weighed myself the other day. 113 down from around 120 a couple of months ago. Not from the running, from working a part time job that keeps me on my feet and active. Straight chiseled (not really, but kinda) :lol:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby mr_rugby on Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:15 pm

I thought I blew a disk in my back around November. I finally caved in and bought an inversion table. Best investment I've made. I always thought it was a gimmick.

If you are having some minor back issues try one out. You can score a table on the cheap off of craigslist.
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Postby zefarrett on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:20 pm

Went on a great 8 mile trail run today. With half a mile left I stepped on a rock and totally bruised the bottom of my foot in the center closer to my toes. drymountin a... I guess the good thing is that there's gonna be a snow storm so I will have solid rest time. :hanging:
zefarrett
Art Freak

me owwww

Postby willg on Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:41 pm

mr_rugby wrote:I thought I blew a disk in my back around November. I finally caved in and bought an inversion table. Best investment I've made. I always thought it was a gimmick.

If you are having some minor back issues try one out. You can score a table on the cheap off of craigslist.

I've wanted one for a hip and neck impingement but haven't pulled the trigger . Everyone I've talked to that's used them has had nothing but positive results. How quick did you notice the results?
willg
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:09 pm

zefarrett wrote:Went on a great 8 mile trail run today. With half a mile left I stepped on a rock and totally bruised the bottom of my foot in the center closer to my toes. drymountin a... I guess the good thing is that there's gonna be a snow storm so I will have solid rest time. :hanging:

Damn, that sucks. Enjoy that rest time :pint: (and stay off of 8 Mile, it's dangerous!)

RottenAtom
Art Freak

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes