Did you exercise today?

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:02 am

samjohns123 wrote:I use yoga to improve my health and stretch the body after 8 hours of sitting at work and I`m just curious who is doing yoga too?

I'm with you dude. Since the week before Xmas of last year I've been doing yoga a few times a week.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby zefarrett on Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:14 pm

I’ve been training for my first trail 50k at the end of October. A buddy owns a big gear review website and I wrote a blog about needing 2E wide shoes and what a pain in the ass it is shopping for them. Hopefully you enjoy!

https://www.believeintherun.com/2018/09 ... row-world/
zefarrett
Art Freak

me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)

Postby 14margarette on Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:05 am

No, for I feel tired after doing a cardio workout yesterday. I do it atleast 3-4x a week and take a break the next day.
14margarette

Postby MJGallicchio on Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:07 pm

I haven't been in this thread for months, so I'm just catching up.

My gym at work just finished a major remodel and had their reopening this morning. I went for a quick 2 mile run on the treadmill, but that's about it for today.

I'm very interested in this intermittent fasting thing and just downloaded zero. I had some breakfast this morning, but I'm going to start tonight. I usually only snack on crap after 7:30 and I eat lunch at 11:30, so it should be a nice adjustment. It looks like almond milk breaks a fast though, so I guess I'm switching to black coffee.

I've been talking about trying yoga for a year now. I haven't done it yet, but since I work from home tomorrow and it's supposed to be 90+ out, maybe I'll give it a shot.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby cerebus on Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:42 pm

zefarrett wrote:I’ve been training for my first trail 50k at the end of October. A buddy owns a big gear review website and I wrote a blog about needing 2E wide shoes and what a pain in the ass it is shopping for them. Hopefully you enjoy!

https://www.believeintherun.com/2018/09 ... row-world/

Nice article. I have the same issue as you. My other beef is that the companies who do provide wide options only offer whatever the drabbest color design of that year's shoe is. Just blacks, greys or the occasional dark blue.

I'd give the Saucony Cohesion (in Wide, naturally) a go too if you're looking for a shoe you do a ton of miles in.
cerebus
Art Expert

Postby zefarrett on Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:02 pm

A lot has happened!

A month ago I ran my first 50k. It was supposed to be a trail race but because of rain and stuff it got moved to a looped cement course. So that killed my legs. But I had to finish as I proposed to my then gf once I crossed the finish line. Don’t worry, she said yes :)

It took me a few weeks to recover from that. My hamstrings were shot real bad. But I’m finally getting back into the swing of things. Taking it easy run wise but looking forwards to next year. I’d like to run another 50k but this time on the trails. I also want to get the sub 4 marathon I know I can do.

Also, I finally ran in Nikes. They didn’t reach my expectations I had. At least they have wide options I guess? My review in the attached link (I paid for the shoes so I’m brutally honest hahaha) https://www.believeintherun.com/2018/11 ... de-review/
zefarrett
Art Freak

me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)

Postby MJGallicchio on Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:16 pm

I completely forgot about this thread. First - Z, congrats on the 50k and congrats on the engagement! Awesome news on both.

I certainly have not had as eventful of a time as that, but I've had a pretty good 2 months exercise wise. I've been doing IF since I last posted in September. I've also been back in the gym fairly regularly and I've started doing DDPYoga on days I can't make it to the gym. I completed a "Sober October" and reduced my overall beer intake once that ended. So far, I'm down about 10lbs with another 6 to go before I hit my goal. I'm hoping to get there (and maintain) by the end of the year.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:28 pm

Yo! Congratz, Z!! I wanna hear more about this post-race proposal. 50k?! My dumbass had to do the conversion to see if that was more than a marathon. I will never understand what would compel somebody to run that far/long, but man, congrats! What an accomplishment. You don't ever have to run again if you don't want :P

MJG, congrats on a month sober! That sounds about as difficult as a 50k :lol:

I've been slaaacking. Run streak is at 2 days. I've been running 5-6 days a week for the last few weeks. Gotta suck it up and get the streak going again.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby iwokeinrelief on Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:56 pm

First: hearty congratulations Z!

I’ve been so damn inactive lately :cry: BUT my buddy and I went up to Eagle Rock Loop up in Arkansas and did a 30 mile hike in about a day and a half with 40 pound packs (camped over night) - was easily the most physically demanding thing I’ve ever done (could be related to my inactivity) - but was a total blast. We’re already looking to see what trek we want to undertake in the spring.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Postby ccsmd598 on Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:28 am

Congrats Z! Very cool brotha!

My fiancée and I moved into our first home together and our first goal was to completely renovate the garage into a fully functional home gym.

Here are the results so far (half finished) - it’s been a long wait with all the work that had to be done but it is soooo worth it

ccsmd598
Art Expert

Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!

Postby treweman on Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:04 pm

Exercise like crazy in the spring, summer, and early fall. But when the weather gets raw and the sun hides most of the day, I don’t do much of anything. Well, maybe shovel snow after a storm. For me, exercising indoors just isn’t very enjoyable.

Today I did the dishes twice and drank.
treweman
Art Expert

Previous

Return to Anything Goes