USPS woes :(

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:21 pm

Cinlabyrinth wrote:Is this BETHPAGE?
TKuczynski wrote:Is this the USPS on McDonald Ave in Kensington?
No, Greenpoint/Williamsburg.
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:24 pm

TKuczynski wrote:Did you dust the scene for fingerprints and take DNA samples?
No I have video surveillance that records the entire street, sidewalks, exterior and interior of my building.
Not much else is needed to prove that a person never attempted to make a delivery.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:25 pm

member ISC NEW YORK?
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
brewdog123
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:50 pm

o4phish20o wrote:
No I have video surveillance that records the entire street, sidewalks, exterior and interior of my building.
Not much else is needed to prove that a person never attempted to make a delivery.
they pull this here in the suburbs of atlanta. but ive never had one go completely missing. its always showed up a day or two later after it said it was delivered
GatorsCanes
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:55 pm

o4phish20o wrote: Went to the NYPD today and filed a police report against USPS stating that their employees are falsifying federal documents and not delivering mail. NYPD was blown away to say the least. After taking the report and issuing an incident slip and opening an investigation, they suggested I contact all the NYC News stations and local councilmen to fully go after the USPS.
It's not a state crime. Don't file with your local police department. They have no jurisdiction
NEVER PAY VIA PAYPAL GIFT. NEVER PAY FRIENDS/FAMILY. PAY THE FEES YOURSELF, THE 3% IS WORTH IT TO NOT BE SCAMMED
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:03 pm

brewdog123 wrote:
o4phish20o wrote:
they pull this here in the suburbs of atlanta. but ive never had one go completely missing. its always showed up a day or two later after it said it was delivered
I've had the situation you mentioned above happen before as well. I gave them a week before I went to the post office the first time. Gave them 4 more days to look for it themselves. The post office couldn't help and gave me a red card with the number to the US Postal Inspector.. whom they told me to contact to start an investigation. Literally under 24hours later, they closed the case saying they did their investigation and can only conclude it was delivered as the driver scanned it as such. They then told me to contact the NYPD to open a theft report b/c USPS claims it was stolen by one of my employees or passerby person in the streets. Both of which are false as the video proves.

I should add... this package was valued at close to $6k, was fully insured and was a Christmas gift.
Again, no taxpayer should be covering a loss like this, when the USPS has employees who are stealing.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:04 pm

Do they have google in NYC?
Q. How do I file an appeal for my claim after I receive the decision?

A. After the original claim decision has been provided (i.e., denied or approved), you may appeal a decision within 60 days of the original decision date. Two options are available to file an appeal:

You may appeal a claim decision in writing to the following address:

Domestic Claim Appeals
Accounting Services
PO Box 80143
St. Louis, MO 63180-0143

ONLY if the original claim was filed online, you may submit the appeal via online claims:

Sign in to your online claims account at http://www.usps.com/insuranceclaims/online.htm, go to the Claims History page, and then click on the article number for the specific claim you wish to appeal. Once you are on the Claim Sta­tus page, click Submit an Appeal.

If you have any supporting documentation (evidence of value, evidence of insurance, etc.) to provide (that was not originally provided) to substantiate your appeal, you can upload it online with your appeal. It must be in PDF or JPG file format and less than 2MB.

In your appeal (either online or by mail), explain why your case should be reviewed. Also, make sure that evidence of value, evidence of mailing, and insurance coverage for the article is included.
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:07 pm

GatorsCanes wrote:
o4phish20o wrote: Went to the NYPD today and filed a police report against USPS stating that their employees are falsifying federal documents and not delivering mail. NYPD was blown away to say the least. After taking the report and issuing an incident slip and opening an investigation, they suggested I contact all the NYC News stations and local councilmen to fully go after the USPS.
It's not a state crime. Don't file with your local police department. They have no jurisdiction
The US Postal Inspector in the emailed response to me implied that it was stolen by a local of Greenpoint or one of my employees. THAT is the problem here. The USPS is trying to make it a local issue, when in fact it is a federal issue, I agree. The USPS delivery person is the prime suspect IMHO. Guy who saw a closed business, it was late, didn't want to have a huge 24x36 box in his truck and have to come back tomorrow, scanned it, said he delivered it and threw it from the side of his truck somewhere in BK.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:08 pm

Fully insured for $6k, yet USPS insurance caps put at $5k?
ImageT.K.C.
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:11 pm

bryndavies wrote:Fully insured for $6k, yet USPS insurance caps put at $5k?
Wrong... taken directly from USPS.

Get maximum security for your valuable items. Registered Mail items can be insured for up to $50,000 at your Post Office™.

Edit: Which is the other aspect of this... they have no signature or name of who they left it with. Just... "left with an individual". This package had a signature requirement on it, which was completely ignored.
Last edited by o4phish20o on Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:16 pm

o4phish20o wrote:The US Postal Inspector in the emailed response to me implied that it was stolen by a local of Greenpoint or one of my employees. THAT is the problem here. The USPS is trying to make it a local issue, when in fact it is a federal issue, I agree. The USPS delivery person is the prime suspect IMHO. Guy who saw a closed business, it was late, didn't want to have a huge 24x36 box in his truck and have to come back tomorrow, scanned it, said he delivered it and threw it from the side of his truck somewhere in BK.
look who needs the government's assistance now! :lol:

How do you know the employee stole it? Perhaps it was delivered to the wrong location by an honest mistake and marked delivered? Perhaps it was on the complete wrong truck and misplaced by accident? fudge happens; not everyone is out to get you.

Most USPS employees have been there for a long time, or plan on it. Why would someone with a good paying job and great benefits throw away their career and retirement because they didn't want to deliver one package? All the drivers I know, and yes, I worked in the industry, are milking their OT hours for all their worth this time of year. My best friend has been getting 2x the size of his normal net paycheck the last 2 months...It doesn't make sense that someone would purposefully sabotage them self because one more stop would cost them 5 more minutes of their day.
alittle
Art Freak

Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:16 pm

Does registered mail not require a signature on delivery? If so, who signed for it?
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:25 pm

alittle wrote:Does registered mail not require a signature on delivery? If so, who signed for it?
No one signed anything. That's why this is an issue.
And why the NYPD is blown away at how the Postal Inspector handled it.

No signature, no actual proof of delivery beside their drivers "word". And I have video showing no truck or person ever even approached my door or drove a vehicle down the street in the hour surrounding the time they "said it was delivered".
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:30 pm

why don't you appeal the claim decision?
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:49 pm

o4phish20o wrote:The USPS delivery person is the prime suspect IMHO. Guy who saw a closed business, it was late...
o4phish20o wrote:And I have video showing no truck or person ever even approached my door or drove a vehicle down the street in the hour surrounding the time they "said it was delivered".
Kind of contradictory, but whatever.