USPS woes :(

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:51 pm

:lol:
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
maden
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:01 pm

Best made up story of the holiday season.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

o4phish20o
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:10 pm

Diabolos80
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:36 pm

Breaking News! USPS performance subpar!

And really dude, who in their right mind ships a $6,000 framed piece through the USPS?
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:12 am

I see Sgt. Shultz of Hogan's Heroes somewhere in here.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:39 pm

o4phish20o wrote:And people wonder why the USPS is bankrupt?

...borrowed from an article...

Congress passed the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act of 2006 (PAEA). Under the terms of PAEA, the USPS was forced to “prefund its future health care benefit payments to retirees for the next 75 years in an astonishing ten-year time span” – meaning that it had to put aside billions of dollars to pay for the health benefits of employees it hasn’t even hired yet, something that “no other government or private corporation is required to do. The post office is not in some sort of deep fiscal hole of its own making, i.e. because it is of being left behind in the Internet Age and has a shrinking consumer base. The truth is that almost all of the postal service’s losses can be traced back to a single change in the law made by the Republican Congress in 2006.

As consumer advocate Ralph Nader noted in 2011, if “the prepayments required under PAEA were never enacted into law, the USPS would not have a net deficiency of nearly $20 billion, but instead be in the black by at least $1.5 billion.”
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:49 pm

no time for reality jjttdw, a postal worker stole 6k. Its the only explanation
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:09 pm

stuckeyc wrote:no time for reality jjttdw, a postal worker stole 6k. Its the only explanation
I take it you didn't read any of the reviews, nor anyone else who keeps offering dumb comments.

I wish I read that Yelp page myself in the past. But it sure as heck explains my troubles with the USPS.
More like it's an organized crime ring that is stealing packages and the postal inspectors are in on it. All who are more than happy to pay claims out and keep the packages, all on the taxpayers dime. Prolly thought they had a TV with my package.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:25 pm

zeuscarver
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:47 pm

Can I expand the discussion to Fedex woes??

I got a future relic 06.. saw it was shipped yesterday, I'm in California and they're shipping from NY fedex smartpost/ground.. check today, delivered. uh.. fedex now 'investigating the case' .. drymount me

only hope is that the delivery was to USPS for final movement, but usually that's for the last mile?
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:18 pm

o4phish20o wrote:
stuckeyc wrote:no time for reality jjttdw, a postal worker stole 6k. Its the only explanation
I take it you didn't read any of the reviews, nor anyone else who keeps offering dumb comments.

I wish I read that Yelp page myself in the past. But it sure as heck explains my troubles with the USPS.
More like it's an organized crime ring that is stealing packages and the postal inspectors are in on it. All who are more than happy to pay claims out and keep the packages, all on the taxpayers dime. Prolly thought they had a TV with my package.
Curiously, why did you have something worth $6k shipped via USPS? I use USPS all the time but the value cap for me in shipping or receiving with them is $1.5k. I'd say you must not have read the reviews.

My post related to your claim about the taxpayer's dime. The USPS would have an operating profit but for an idiotic Republican scheme to have the pre-fund retirement for people that may not have even been born yet. With an operating profit it is not on the taxpayer's dime.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
alittle
Art Freak

Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:37 pm

FBI involved yet?
mrsippycups
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:45 pm

jjttdw wrote:
o4phish20o wrote:

Curiously, why did you have something worth $6k shipped via USPS? I use USPS all the time but the value cap for me in shipping or receiving with them is $1.5k. I'd say you must not have read the reviews.

My post related to your claim about the taxpayer's dime. The USPS would have an operating profit but for an idiotic Republican scheme to have the pre-fund retirement for people that may not have even been born yet. With an operating profit it is not on the taxpayer's dime.
Personally I have had upto $10k sent through the mail but if you have it sent registered mail you aren't going to have any problems. In fact if I remember correctly once you get around $3-5K it is cheaper to have it sent registered instead of plain insurance.
recycler wrote:You do not need poster nerds to tell you what you should like.
ISO: "Champagne Charlie" sheet music cover by Alfred Concanen
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:50 pm

mrsippycups wrote:
jjttdw wrote:
o4phish20o wrote:

Personally I have had upto $10k sent through the mail but if you have it sent registered mail you aren't going to have any problems. In fact if I remember correctly once you get around $3-5K it is cheaper to have it sent registered instead of plain insurance.
The company who sold/shipped it to me used USPS.
I never would have, nor did I expect it to be shipped that way. I didn't even pay for the shipping.

No, I hadn't read the reviews.. I didn't even know Yelp was for anything beside restaurant reviews until I did a search for that particular post office yesterday and that was the top link.
fredo
Art God

Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:55 pm

I blame the redcoats.
just a foil for me today, thanks