USPS woes :(

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:53 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:Anyone have delays in shipping when getting something from Vacvvm? Had a print sent out by USPS (in transit) on the 24th and no update since...

Anyone?
I think it's the three V's. Really drymounts with their address scanning software.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:22 pm

Do you experienced guys think that an international package coming from the UK to the US will get forwarded through the USPS system if I've bought something but had a change of address and set my mail to be forwarded between the time it shipped and the time it is to arrive?
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:37 pm

Cinlabyrinth wrote:Do you experienced guys think that an international package coming from the UK to the US will get forwarded through the USPS system if I've bought something but had a change of address and set my mail to be forwarded between the time it shipped and the time it is to arrive?
If the package would otherwise be delivered by USPS once it hits the states, absolutely. If it is a different courier like UPS or some other service, I am not sure. I doubt it though.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:26 am

Had a Rory Kurtz Casablanca coming last Saturday w/signature confirmation by request. I just had come home from the gym and saw the USPS truck pull down the street. Tracking said that the print was out for delivery that day so I hung out in my living room by the front door so I could make her life easier and grab and sign so she could be on her way. Pulls up her car in front of my house, walks up to the front door with no tube. Walks right up to the front door, drops the mail in the slot and walks away, 5 seconds total. No knock, doorbell, anything. I checked my tracking right away and it said recipient not home/pick up at local post office. Then I went to grab the mail and I had a recipient not home notice with my trackIng/info already filled out by hand. She must have pre-filled this out because she definitely didn't do it at my front door. At this point I had to check so ran out and caught her before she left...I was super nice about it and played dumb but asked her if she had the package with her. Walks right back to her mail truck and pulls the tube out lol.
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
kansasbbq
Art God

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:43 am

^Incredibly lazy on her part.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:37 am

kansasbbq wrote:^Incredibly lazy on her part.
haha I know - probably took much longer to pre-fill out the slip
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:57 pm

Making her life easier would be to meet her at her truck especially since your mail has to be walked up to your front door 6 days a week, you knew she was there an you were waiting at the front door anyway. Take better care of your mail carriers will solve these minor problems people.
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:06 pm

or people just doing their job right the first time, that solves problems too.
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:17 pm

In a perfect world, yes. But in the world where that neighborhood is it looks like everyone is lazy.
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:35 pm

ToonKiller wrote:In a perfect world, yes. But in the world where that neighborhood is it looks like everyone is lazy.
Sure, I would have walked out the door and grabbed the tube from her, if there was a tube to begin with. Did you miss that part of the story?

Whenever I expect a medium-large package in mail from UPS/USPS etc. I always make it a point to meet out the delivery person and carry it in. I also tip all of my delivery persons very well around the holidays.

My intentions were not malicious, but I also don't need to explain myself to you
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:53 pm

I have never understood this "tipping the mailman". It's not like they live on minimum wage; well, at least in Canada they don't.
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:08 pm

bubbie wrote:I have never understood this "tipping the mailman". It's not like they live on minimum wage; well, at least in Canada they don't.
why doesn't anyone tip Fedex or UPS drivers?
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:36 pm

Maybe because they don't deliver packages to your house 6 days a week?
ccsmd598 wrote:
ToonKiller wrote:In a perfect world, yes. But in the world where that neighborhood is it looks like everyone is lazy.
Sure, I would have walked out the door and grabbed the tube from her, if there was a tube to begin with. Did you miss that part of the story?

Whenever I expect a medium-large package in mail from UPS/USPS etc. I always make it a point to meet out the delivery person and carry it in. I also tip all of my delivery persons very well around the holidays.

My intentions were not malicious, but I also don't need to explain myself to you
I got the part about you hiding behind the front door if that's what you mean.
CTnewguy

Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:23 pm

Can I offer some suggestions based on possible experience in the field?

Do you know your mailman? Find out his name and say hello.

If you constantly receive prints through the mail recommend where you would like the package delivered. Front door? Garage? Neighbor? Don't bother with signature confirmation, waste of money. If you have something coming and don't want any sort of delivery hassle ask the carrier to leave a 3849 for the package. You can then go pick up the package at the post office.

If you have any issues call your local post office and talk to a supervisor. They pull the GPS off the scanner and will let you know where the package was scanned. It should be directly in front of your address, it is literally the entire point of the new scanners, more accountability. Keep in mind the person on the other end of phone is probably a moron who has been getting yelled at all day and will most likely be a miserable human being. Give them as much info as possible when calling with anything. Tracking number, time delivered, where the package was delivered....mailbox, front door, other/garage, neighbor, etc.

If you need to know anything else, let me know
parlow
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:32 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:Had a Rory Kurtz Casablanca coming last Saturday w/signature confirmation by request. I just had come home from the gym and saw the USPS truck pull down the street. Tracking said that the print was out for delivery that day so I hung out in my living room by the front door so I could make her life easier and grab and sign so she could be on her way. Pulls up her car in front of my house, walks up to the front door with no tube. Walks right up to the front door, drops the mail in the slot and walks away, 5 seconds total. No knock, doorbell, anything. I checked my tracking right away and it said recipient not home/pick up at local post office. Then I went to grab the mail and I had a recipient not home notice with my trackIng/info already filled out by hand. She must have pre-filled this out because she definitely didn't do it at my front door. At this point I had to check so ran out and caught her before she left...I was super nice about it and played dumb but asked her if she had the package with her. Walks right back to her mail truck and pulls the tube out lol.