USPS woes :(

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:39 pm

Jesusmalverde wrote:
mrkyuss wrote:I've never done a trade. Bet it's pretty exciting though.
Only trade locally. Meet in person. Well lit area with plenty of foot traffic. Bring back up.
Literally did all off the above for Metal Robocop Stout... 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Jesusmalverde
Art Expert

Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:54 pm

rubberneck wrote:
Jesusmalverde wrote:
mrkyuss wrote:I've never done a trade. Bet it's pretty exciting though.
Only trade locally. Meet in person. Well lit area with plenty of foot traffic. Bring back up.
Literally did all off the above for Metal Robocop Stout... 8)
That sir is why you were successful and didn't have to do a call out thread.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:35 pm

RN would have moved across the country to make the Stout Robo metal deal work. :lol:
wottagunn
Art Expert

Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:53 pm

I need to vent, and it’s related to USPS so im doing it here:

Myself and a member here have been working through a deal for a few weeks in regards to a big ISO of mine. We made sure it was packaged like a tank, and held off shipping it til a Monday so that it would arrive at my door the same week and not sit in a truck over the weekend. It was shipped on Monday via USPS+FedEx’s Global Express Guaranteed, which promises delivery within 3 business days. It includes insurance and “Advanced tracking with full shipment visibility”. The tracking page states it is guaranteed by today, Friday the 29th.
It flew out of America quick smart, getting to Australia in just over 24 hours. That’s when it turns to fudge – once it lands on this backwards island. For over two days it has been sitting at Sydney’s customs facility, half of the time it was being checked. This is Global Express, not standard mail. It should be moved on instantly.

I’ll cut it short. It’s now Friday the 29th, 1pm. The package is still at Sydney’s customs warehouse. It won’t be delivered now til at least next Monday, the 2nd (I phoned them).

What a load of fudge. We did everything right to insure I would get this quickly and safely, and paid $150 on postage to make sure that happened, yet we are in this situation. I am a pretty relaxed person usually, but I am honestly that pissed off right now. If I see an Australian post truck on my drive home from work today ill ram the prick off the road.

/end
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:55 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:RN would have moved across the country to make the Stout Robo metal deal work. :lol:
Lol, true enough.

Seeing it in person prior to closing the deal, no shipping woes and cash-in-hand deal made that trip a no brainer...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:05 pm

wottagunn wrote:I need to vent, and it’s related to USPS so im doing it here:

Myself and a member here have been working through a deal for a few weeks in regards to a big ISO of mine. We made sure it was packaged like a tank, and held off shipping it til a Monday so that it would arrive at my door the same week and not sit in a truck over the weekend. It was shipped on Monday via USPS+FedEx’s Global Express Guaranteed, which promises delivery within 3 business days. It includes insurance and “Advanced tracking with full shipment visibility”. The tracking page states it is guaranteed by today, Friday the 29th.
It flew out of America quick smart, getting to Australia in just over 24 hours. That’s when it turns to fudge – once it lands on this backwards island. For over two days it has been sitting at Sydney’s customs facility, half of the time it was being checked. This is Global Express, not standard mail. It should be moved on instantly.

I’ll cut it short. It’s now Friday the 29th, 1pm. The package is still at Sydney’s customs warehouse. It won’t be delivered now til at least next Monday, the 2nd (I phoned them).

What a load of fudge. We did everything right to insure I would get this quickly and safely, and paid $150 on postage to make sure that happened, yet we are in this situation. I am a pretty relaxed person usually, but I am honestly that pissed off right now. If I see an Australian post truck on my drive home from work today ill ram the prick off the road.

/end
Have the sender file a claim with USPS to get the cash back for the shipping and then refund you the costs.

https://www.usps.com/customer-service/g ... efunds.htm
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
wottagunn
Art Expert

Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:08 pm

Yeah, we're going to do that once I actually receive it. Guaranteed my ass.
nsd
Art Expert

Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:21 pm

Not that it matters in your deal or to any of us, but would the USPS have recourse from whatever service handles the second half once it hit Australia? If so, you may be able to get something from USPS who would in turn get that from the third party. Just a thought.

Sorry about your deal Bulkhead. If he sent first and it felt like a decent deal (pictures and all) the guard can go down. It never occurred to me the fake shipping route that he did. Just something else to think about. I hope it works out for you. Is there any way to report your poster as essentially stolen to the authorities and alert the post office there to be looking out in the event the poster is claimed?
Can be an online release PB when I am not trying to get the piece if I am available. Just ask.
#1 ISO's: (Stout - Signed "Reservoir Dogs", Taylor - "Drive" & Mitchell - Signed "Driver" Portrait)
DuoSonic
Art Expert

Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:54 pm

Sorry to hear about the Kill Bill scam. Hope you get your money and print back. And thanks for the heads up about this kind of scam.
Jesusmalverde
Art Expert

Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:40 am

DuoSonic wrote:Sorry to hear about the Kill Bill scam. Hope you get your money and print back. And thanks for the heads up about this kind of scam.
$ back sure. Print not so sure.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:46 am

wottagunn wrote:Yeah, we're going to do that once I actually receive it. Guaranteed my ass.
Not all countries are covered under the guaranteed delivery date. It sucks but it happens.
Same fudge, different drop.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:50 am

True, but Australia is.
stormking
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:57 pm

So is this the general "Eff the USPS" thread? I'll get in on that...

Anyone have any issues with USPS not updating tracking at all? My postman picked up a tube on Monday, and it still just says "Electronic Info Received". Should have gotten there by today, but not only is it not delivered, but there hasn't even been a single scan. I'm headed up to the post office tomorrow, just wondering if anyone's dealt with something similar. The buyer's moving soon, so they'd like to get it quickly :neutral:
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:17 pm

stormking wrote:So is this the general "Eff the USPS" thread? I'll get in on that...

Anyone have any issues with USPS not updating tracking at all? My postman picked up a tube on Monday, and it still just says "Electronic Info Received". Should have gotten there by today, but not only is it not delivered, but there hasn't even been a single scan. I'm headed up to the post office tomorrow, just wondering if anyone's dealt with something similar. The buyer's moving soon, so they'd like to get it quickly :neutral:
I had created the thread just to share my experience (which ended up being a scam on the seller's part). What service did you use, though? First Class or Priority?
Last edited by bulkhead72 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nsd
Art Expert

Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:18 pm

I may make a print of the map my Breaking Bad yellow variant has been on. It literally illustrates all of the USPS problems in just one package. I'm assuming it will be thrashed after hearing how it was packed and the fact that has been all over 'murica for weeks.
Can be an online release PB when I am not trying to get the piece if I am available. Just ask.
#1 ISO's: (Stout - Signed "Reservoir Dogs", Taylor - "Drive" & Mitchell - Signed "Driver" Portrait)