USPS woes :(

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby jjttdw on Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:25 pm

Here is a nice graph showing that the USPS has pretty reasonable shipping costs as compared to many other countries:

Complain if you want and there are sometimes reasons to complain but the USPS is better and cheaper than many of its counterparts across the globe.
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby ErocAfellar on Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:26 pm

ErocAfellar wrote:why don't you appeal the claim decision?

ErocAfellar
Art Expert

HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!

Postby 35mmpaul on Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:03 pm

35mmpaul
Art Expert

jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!

Postby ajmmck on Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:24 pm

Gonna chalk it up to USPS, but just a general shipping woe i guess. This somehow managed to land in Sydney, get shipped over to Japan for a quick tour and then back to Sydney where it belongs... Poor Wall-E!

IMG_6483.JPG
IMG_6483.JPG (61.04 KiB) Viewed 715 times

IMG_6500.JPG
IMG_6500.JPG (61.51 KiB) Viewed 715 times

IMG_6502.JPG
IMG_6502.JPG (96.46 KiB) Viewed 715 times
ajmmck
Art Expert

ImageImage

Postby jjttdw on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:40 pm

That will spoon right out with this guy's spoon

jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby canuck on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:03 pm

After years of shipping and receiving prints I finally had the honor of my first lost tube. :pint:
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby zeuscarver on Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:54 am

canuck wrote:After years of shipping and receiving prints I finally had the honor of my first lost tube. :pint:

bummer, hopefully it isn't too hard to find a replacement.
zeuscarver
Art Connoisseur

Postby jjttdw on Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:27 pm

canuck wrote:After years of shipping and receiving prints I finally had the honor of my first lost tube. :pint:

Lost as in "we don't know where it is" or lost like "its never going to arrive?" Story time.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Postby halftonegraphics on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:57 am

USPS price increases take effect today.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral

Postby Rick_a_c on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:01 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:USPS price increases take effect today.

1st class stamps go up from 47 cents to 49.

What's happening with Priority Mail? >>> It looks like a 2 lb package (i.e., poster in a tube) goes up between 25 and 50 cents, depending on regions of origin/destination.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.

Postby halftonegraphics on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:43 pm

approx. 3.9% increase. all flat rate domestic went up. no change to international.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral

Postby canuck on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:48 pm

jjttdw wrote:

Lost as in "we don't know where it is" or lost like "its never going to arrive?" Story time.

Shipped a print to Czech and it never showed up 2 months later. Put in a lost claims and never heard back from them. Entirely too lazy to give a fudge and go down to the PO. Never insured cuz it was only a 40 buck print originally. At least according to tracking it never showed up. Probably showed up and dude just felt like screwing me over. I'm sticking to that theory. :evil:
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby IWish on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:58 pm

I currently have the pleasure of dealing with my first lost tube too. The USPS Rep asked me if I put Priority Mail "tape" on the tube. Nope, never have in the past and never a problem getting tube to the destination. She also asked me if I taped the end caps (of course I do). I'm...like...thinking what does that have to do with a lost package. Pft-t-t-t...we'll see how this goes. She said the tube might have been thrown in a Standard Shipping (ground) bin because I didn't use the Priority tape. How many of you use the tape?
IWish
Art Expert

If you need weights to flatten posters. Make your own using penny rolls - it's inexpensive. Just throw them into a ziplock or something similar. Non-organic and there is no risk getting an infestation (grain bugs).

Postby FrankBooth on Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:00 pm

IWish wrote:

I currently have the pleasure of dealing with my first lost tube too. The USPS Rep asked me if I put Priority Mail "tape" on the tube. Nope, never have in the past and never a problem getting tube to the destination. She also asked me if I taped the end caps. I'm...like...thinking what does that have to do with a lost package. Pft-t-t-t...we'll see how this goes. She said the tube might have been thrown in a Standard Shipping (ground) bin because I didn't use the Priority tape. How many of you use the tape?

Never ever, generally figure that the scan/label would indicate where it needs to be. Unless I'm not living in the future year 2000.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImage

Postby crkohler on Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:50 pm

I don't usually use priority tape, but the last few tubes I dropped off the person at the desk added some along the tube.
crkohler
Art Connoisseur

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes