USPS woes :(

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
hellosir
Art Freak

Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:31 pm

Why would he ask for a print if he wasn't going to try and grab it?
Every one of these callout threads lately is for someone I've never even heard of
I mean come on, this dude had five posts and signed up just this month? It had alt written all over it
You people are far too trusting
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:15 pm

$5 says it was a "good deal" too.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:23 pm

Codeblue wrote:$5 says it was a "good deal" too.
It wasn't a "too good to be true" deal. It was for my Moss TWBB plus $350-ish, which, in total, is close (although a little short) to avg prices for the KB variant. The low post count was suspicious (although I've had good transactions with "low activity" users in the past), but I felt more at ease when he sent me detailed photos of the print.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:25 pm

Luls. That was a great "deal".
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:26 pm

hellosir wrote: Every one of these callout threads lately is for someone I've never even heard of
I mean come on, this dude had five posts and signed up just this month? It had alt written all over it
You people are far too gullible
ftfy. never heard of him either
hellosir
Art Freak

Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:30 pm

Some vet here awhile ago mentioned they would be willing to act as an intermediary between trade transactions for noobs. Seemed like a good idea
Sorry, but look at this dudes posts. You trusted him based off that? And detailed pics? You can gets pics anywhere. This is the internet
Shoulda had him write your name on a post it in one of them or something
Sorry, don't mean to try and make you feel bad or anything. But sending a Moss TwbB to some random member is just crazy
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:42 pm

Codeblue wrote:Luls. That was a great "deal".
Yeah, I suppose, but not in the "too good to be true" territory. Just thought the guy was a huge Moss fan, and, to be fair, the asking prices for TWBB have been going up, so I didn't see it as a deal that was heavily in my favor, especially since I added cash on top, too.
hellosir wrote:Some vet here awhile ago mentioned they would be willing to act as an intermediary between trade transactions for noobs. Seemed like a good idea
Sorry, but look at this dudes posts. You trusted him based off that? And detailed pics? You can gets pics anywhere. This is the internet
Shoulda had him write your name on a post it in one of them or something
Sorry, don't mean to try and make you feel bad or anything. But sending a Moss TwbB to some random member is just crazy
But again, I've had good transactions with new users, little/no feedback users, etc., and have never had a bad experience trade-wise on EB, until now.

I really had no reason to doubt the seller, especially after he sent over tracking details (which showed that the item was on its way to me). He shipped first, so that put me at ease as well.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:45 pm

I never send a nub fudge in a trade before I've received their end of the trade. If they're not willing to do that tough fudge.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:48 pm

Codeblue wrote:I never send a nub fudge in a trade before I've received their end of the trade. If they're not willing to do that tough fudge.
True, lesson learned. After so many successful transactions, I admit I let my guard down.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:07 pm

Codeblue wrote:I never send a nub fudge in a trade before I've received their end of the trade. If they're not willing to do that tough fudge.
Duh.
Same fudge, different drop.
mrkyuss
Art God

Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:19 pm

I've never done a trade. Bet it's pretty exciting though.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
hellosir
Art Freak

Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:38 pm

Trade me your shitty commission for my Geddes Portfolio 2. It will be exciting, trust me
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:04 pm

hellosir wrote:Trade me your shitty commission for my Geddes Portfolio 2. It will be exciting, trust me
Lol...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:13 pm

QFT

That's what I always do. Actually had a guy inquire about a print and I said I'd be willing to do it under these conditions. He said no but I could PP him 900 which is the value of his print and he would PP me the value of mine blah blah anyways found out he was from Florida and he was acting sketchy. Asked if he was AJ Cobb and haven't seen him since. His handle was tnt737373737373 or some fudge like that I'd avoid that guy.

Sorry amer I hope you get sorted out but I wont buy/trade with anyone that doesn't have great feedback. Another thing people seem to overlook is good feedback doesn't mean the user is legit. I don't give a fudge how much feedback you have. If I've never heard of anyone you have feedback from then I'm not interested.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Jesusmalverde
Art Expert

Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:18 pm

mrkyuss wrote:I've never done a trade. Bet it's pretty exciting though.
Only trade locally. Meet in person. Well lit area with plenty of foot traffic. Bring back up.