USPS woes :(

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:21 am

What does this have to do with papercuts?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:36 am

Everything! 8) I've actually never seen a KB variant in person, so I am curious.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:48 pm

I've come across evidence that tells me that this is 100% a scam. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM EB USER "Kaltamimi". He has scammed people under a different EB name in the past, using the same tactics. I am opening a PayPal dispute as we speak.

Lesson learned: do not do partial trades + cash unless it's with a trusted member. Going the all cash route is the safest, as you can get $ back via PayPal.
alittle
Art Freak

Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:51 pm

Oof.

Please share the details.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:51 pm

alittle wrote:Oof.

Please share the details.
Will do, as soon as I am done filing the case.
alittle
Art Freak

Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:52 pm

Sounds good. Sorry to hear you got boned.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:00 pm

Don't forget to start a separate callout thread.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
shoeless
Art Expert

Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:09 pm

Sorry to hear…..hoping you can at least get your cash back.

Good luck
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:13 pm

So here are the details I put down in my PayPal case. Thought this would be quicker. I censored some details (in red) below:

"I think you already know why I have filed this case. You have scammed people under different names in the past. I have come across evidence that convinces me that you have scammed me here as well.

Firstly, for the poster I paid you for, you sent me the very same photos you sent another buyer just a month or so ago. The other buyer never received the poster either, and had to file a PayPal claim (I included the PayPal case number here for reference, thanks to a fellow EB-er) to get their money back.

Same with the other buyer's case, you sent a tracking number for the poster on Nov 18 (USPS Label#XXX). However, as you can see in the tracking details, you did not send a 24" x 36" poster in a tube, but you sent a LETTER with tracking to a different address in my Zip code of 90046. The letter was delivered to a different address in my Zip Code (you probably Googled a different address for my Zip Code), to give the appearance that the poster was delivered on Nov 25. However, no poster came to me, and the postman nor the post office have the poster tube that you allegedly sent.

So, here are my reasons for accusing you of being a scammer:

1) You sent me the same photos of the poster that you sent another collector not too long ago.
2) The other buyer never received his item either and filed PayPal case #XXX to get his money back.
3) You sent a "letter" with tracking info, as opposed to a poster tube, to give the appearance that the item was delivered.
4) You claimed you had insured the package for $750. However, if this was the case, the postman would have had me sign for it.

I gave you $X via PayPal plus a poster from my collection for your poster. I am hoping that the poster I sent you comes back to me, as I doubt a scammer would give me his/her real address.

Since this is a PayPal claim, I would like to get my $X back immediately."

I should add that, with a fellow EB-er's help, I discovered that EB user "Kaltamimi" (who sold me this poster) is the notorious "Sephiroth."
Last edited by bulkhead72 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aldo
Art Expert

Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:15 pm

Hope you didn't trade something expensive for it.
tenaciousjack
Art Expert

Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:17 pm

When Bulkhead creates a separate callout/warning thread, I'll chime in with my details about this joker.
I was able to get my money back and have provided Amer with all the details he'll need to hopefully get his money back.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:19 pm

aldo wrote:Hope you didn't trade something expensive for it.
Moss TWBB plus cash. However, I doubt he gave me his real name/address. The tracking for the Moss print I sent to him says, "addressee could not be located - addressee is advised to pick up from post office," so I am hoping it will eventually return to me.
tenaciousjack
Art Expert

Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:22 pm

BTW, the most important part of what Bulkhead wrote:

Same with the other buyer's case, you sent a tracking number for the poster on Nov 18 (USPS Label#XXX). However, as you can see in the tracking details, you did not send a 24" x 36" poster in a tube, but you sent a LETTER with tracking to a different address in my Zip code of 90046. The letter was delivered to a different address in my Zip Code (you probably Googled a different address for my Zip Code), to give the appearance that the poster was delivered on Nov 25. However, no poster came to me, and the postman nor the post office have the poster tube that you allegedly sent.

This is a known scam utilizing the antiquated US Postal Service. USPS tracking does not indicate where it was delivered, but rather that it was delivered.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:24 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:
Moss TWBB plus cash. However, I doubt he gave me his real name/address. The tracking for the Moss print I sent to him says, "addressee could not be located - addressee is advised to pick up from post office," so I am hoping it will eventually return to me.
Or he'll just go pick it up at the post office.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:27 pm

Codeblue wrote:
bulkhead72 wrote:
Or he'll just go pick it up at the post office.
But then he would use his real name/ID to pick it up, right? I am hoping the UK post office will check ID or at least match the address before giving up the Moss print. If he does pick it up, then either the name or address he provided me has to be the real deal. I doubt a scammer would be that careless.

Sounds to me that he just wanted to rip me off for any cash amount possible.

Either way, here's the callout thread to warn the community: http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 2&t=126999