USPS woes :(

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
noweyesee
Art Expert

Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:00 pm

GoBluePanic wrote:These drymounting people...

I printed priority postage for a package I was shipping. I printed it Thursday but didn't make it to the PO and then forgot about it yesterday. I take it in this morning and the lady looks at it and says, "well, you've got the wrong date on here. You're supposed to ship it on the day you buy the postage. We sometimes accept it the next day but after that we don't have to accept it. Yours was 2 days ago so I don't have to take it but I will this time."

Hey, how about, drymount you?

When I asked she couldn't give me a good reason why it really matters. Postage is postage, if I buy it it should be good until rates change. They really go out of their way to encourage people to use alternate services.
Yeah that makes no sense. By that logic stamps should only be valid one day after buying them.
geezer
Art Expert

Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:08 pm

I hope not, I've been using a bunch from the 40's thru 60's to get rid of them. Really fill's up an envelope.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:17 pm

that is the biggest load of bullshit ever. postage does not change pricing like that in ONE DAY.

honestly. i hope you took it away and just found an alternative place to drop it off.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:23 pm

her comment is concentrated more on the postmark date. postage price is always valid. we claim postage values well after 90 days with no problem, for refunds.

USPS employees really are a gem. you get some really good ones, and then you get ones that just want to give you fudge.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:27 pm

GoBluePanic wrote:These drymounting people...

I printed priority postage for a package I was shipping. I printed it Thursday but didn't make it to the PO and then forgot about it yesterday. I take it in this morning and the lady looks at it and says, "well, you've got the wrong date on here. You're supposed to ship it on the day you buy the postage. We sometimes accept it the next day but after that we don't have to accept it. Yours was 2 days ago so I don't have to take it but I will this time."

Hey, how about, drymount you?

When I asked she couldn't give me a good reason why it really matters. Postage is postage, if I buy it it should be good until rates change. They really go out of their way to encourage people to use alternate services.
USPS pick up drop offs, the kind that sell cellphones and hats, don't give a fudge about this. They hand it off to USPS and they really can't do anything about it, from my experience. Possible option if they ever hassle you again. fudge is bonkers.
Sithlord32
Art Expert

Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:51 pm

Anyone tried insuring packages for twice the sold value? Reason being the insurance just goes back to the buyer and your still out your print. About tired of dealing with claims. What’s the point of insurance if it only compensates the buyer!
You can eat from a golden spoon but the cornflakes will taste the same

THC x 5
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:37 pm

who cares if you are out the print. you still got payment. they got a refund via insurance. its like you sold it, which was your intent, no?
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:45 pm

Luls. #datdoublediptho
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:57 am

halftonegraphics wrote:who cares if you are out the print. you still got payment. they got a refund via insurance. its like you sold it, which was your intent, no?
Yeah, wtf? is he/she talking about. Love the double dip :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
Sithlord32
Art Expert

Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:25 pm

comountaingolf wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:who cares if you are out the print. you still got payment. they got a refund via insurance. its like you sold it, which was your intent, no?
Because I didn’t have adequate proof of said value so they denied me my claim. Sorry but I don’t have a receipt from a online order 5 years ago and the eBay sale wouldn’t suffice I guess.
You can eat from a golden spoon but the cornflakes will taste the same

THC x 5
rka00
Art Expert

Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:35 pm

Sithlord32 wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:
Because I didn’t have adequate proof of said value so they denied me my claim. Sorry but I don’t have a receipt from a online order 5 years ago and the eBay sale wouldn’t suffice I guess.
fwiw in the future you could try using eb as proof of value, I did and USPS accepted.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:51 pm

Sithlord32 wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:
If you insured for double value you would be paying more to get your claim denied. What sense would that make? PS ebay sale price (assuming you were the seller) is certainly proof of value. Now if you were trying to pull shenanigans and got caught then that's on you. I am sure a certain member could provide ins and outs of postal insurance scams
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:28 pm

Had a claim and used the EBay sale as proof since that sale is what I based how much insurance I got on the pkg. I didn’t have a problems and they approved it pretty fast from what I remeber, I posted about it somewhere in this thread.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:00 pm

Anyone else having issues with these automated scanning/weighing systems at some distribution centers? I've shipped 2 packages to the same address in MA and both got flagged for being the wrong weight, which is total bs. I weigh everything before it goes out. It's the only place I've ever had an issue.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:54 pm

35mmpaul wrote:that is the biggest load of bullshit ever. postage does not change pricing like that in ONE DAY.

honestly. i hope you took it away and just found an alternative place to drop it off.

Or just leave it on the counter and hustle out like a boss. 100% bullshit that is