The Anti-Pet Peeve Thread - Small things that made your day

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
skis007
Art Expert

Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:07 pm

dsanacore
Art Expert

Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:07 pm

People who motivate me to start taking yoga classes again.
Image Image
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:09 pm

Rain clearing up and the day getting brighter as a result.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:20 pm

Unexpected Robert Redford movies. (All Is Lost)

Thanks for the heads up Rubberneck :pint:
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:25 pm

RottenAtom wrote:Unexpected Robert Redford movies. (All Is Lost)

Very good reviews for that one. :pint:
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
smellmysocks73
Art Expert

Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:28 pm

Jay Ryan/Diana Sudyka preview links
srdzevon said, "Oh fudge!!! That's awesome! I hate you".
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:29 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:Unexpected Robert Redford movies. (All Is Lost)

Very good reviews for that one. :pint:
The trailer has me pumped. Booked tickets for tonight. Looking forward to seeing Redford dominate the screen like in Jeremiah Johnson.
dsanacore
Art Expert

Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:37 pm

Here's a story I'm sure everyone here can appreciate...

I travel a lot. I get antsy if I stay in one place for too long and I'm constantly moving. I've lived on 3 continents, traveled across 5 and I've lived in over 10 different towns/cities in the US alone. This combined with the fact that I'm not the world's most organized person means my life is in constant disarray. Needless to say keeping up with my art habits under these conditions can prove difficult. Often times when I purchase something I'll have it shipped to a friend or my parents and it may be as much as or more than a year before I even see the piece in person. Imagine how much are you buy in a year. Now imagine getting it all on the same day a year later. It's a bit overwhelming.

Well after I returned from Asia & New Zealand there was one print that I thought I had recalled buying but could never find. Not only could I not find the print but I couldn't even find any email or paypal record of my purchase. I chalked the whole thing up to me being crazy and just figured I had dreamed buying the print. It was always in the back of my mind and nagging at me though but nothing ever turned up.

Fast forward probably about 18 months after my supposed purchase... I'm helping my parents clean up their home and stumble across 2 sheets of wood packed together. It obviously contains art and I'm sure it belongs to my mother as I've never seen it before. I open it up to discover an oddly packed parcel which I nearly throw out because I thought it was empty. After playing with it for a moment I discover that there actually is something inside. It may as well have been a secret compartment it was so tricky to discern.

I open it up and... tada! Looks like I had purchased that print after all and it's finely home. :heart:

(Yes, I'm fully aware that I'm an idiot)
Image Image
MackAttack815
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:50 pm

dsanacore wrote:Here's a story I'm sure everyone here can appreciate...

I travel a lot. I get antsy if I stay in one place for too long and I'm constantly moving. I've lived on 3 continents, traveled across 5 and I've lived in over 10 different towns/cities in the US alone. This combined with the fact that I'm not the world's most organized person means my life is in constant disarray. Needless to say keeping up with my art habits under these conditions can prove difficult. Often times when I purchase something I'll have it shipped to a friend or my parents and it may be as much as or more than a year before I even see the piece in person. Imagine how much are you buy in a year. Now imagine getting it all on the same day a year later. It's a bit overwhelming.

Well after I returned from Asia & New Zealand there was one print that I thought I had recalled buying but could never find. Not only could I not find the print but I couldn't even find any email or paypal record of my purchase. I chalked the whole thing up to me being crazy and just figured I had dreamed buying the print. It was always in the back of my mind and nagging at me though but nothing ever turned up.

Fast forward probably about 18 months after my supposed purchase... I'm helping my parents clean up their home and stumble across 2 sheets of wood packed together. It obviously contains art and I'm sure it belongs to my mother as I've never seen it before. I open it up to discover an oddly packed parcel which I nearly throw out because I thought it was empty. After playing with it for a moment I discover that there actually is something inside. It may as well have been a secret compartment it was so tricky to discern.

I open it up and... tada! Looks like I had purchased that print after all and it's finely home. :heart:

(Yes, I'm fully aware that I'm an idiot)
Same thing happens to me, but usually involves a plastic baggie and ganja. Always puts a fudge-eating grin on my face. :banana:
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:13 pm

haven wrote:
Fattyramone wrote:My shower in the Pub has been up the creek for the last 8 days and was fixed today , so its going to a luxury to not have to get dressed as soon as I get up to go over my house to bathe before my day starts.

Surprising how you take the little things in life for granted.
Is this something British that I don't understand?
I'm British and can't really understand that.
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
fredo
Art God

Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:20 pm

jamesmassey1988 wrote:
haven wrote:
Fattyramone wrote:My shower in the Pub has been up the creek for the last 8 days and was fixed today , so its going to a luxury to not have to get dressed as soon as I get up to go over my house to bathe before my day starts.

Surprising how you take the little things in life for granted.
Is this something British that I don't understand?
I'm British and can't really understand that.
If I'm reading it right, the toilet at the bar went fishing. And he sleeps there.
just a foil for me today, thanks
meskell
Art Expert

Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:34 pm

BavarianErin wrote:"No malignancy found."
Pretty sure this qualifies as a very big thing that made your day.
Thank goodness.
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
NoseSpray
Art Expert

Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:22 pm

eCigs and coffee.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:23 pm

vape pens that look like eCigs
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:25 pm

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.