Can we get a Board Game subforum?

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby starkdesign on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:45 am

chevyav53 wrote:Not sure qualifies for you purists on here but picked up Hungry Hungry Hippos to play with my 3yr old this past weekend..... forgot how intense the game was.... good times :)

lol hey its got a page on BGG, so that has to count for something, right?! https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/589 ... gry-hippos

I'm all for any games that encourage interaction with your children, especially at a young age. You might look at Peaceable Kingdom games for starting kids out at an early age with games that encourage co-op play vs PvP?

https://www.facebook.com/PeaceableK/

we have a few of them and they are great to play with younger kids, helping to show how to work together as a team vs the "game". Mermaid Island is a good one (compares to Candyland), and Cauldron Quest is a fun one too. Also heard lots of good feedback about Hoot Owl Hoot, but haven't played it.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image

Postby starkdesign on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:27 am

Picked up TTR New York from target last night, hadn't realized it was out yet! Haven't played it but looks like the same fun TTR action on a smaller board, with taxis instead of trains.

Might be a great alt for 2 player than the standard game, quicker too. Anyone else tried it yet?
starkdesign
Art Expert

Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image

Postby starkdesign on Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:27 am

starkdesign
Art Expert

Postby DaleCooper on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:26 pm

starkdesign wrote:Picked up TTR New York from target last night, hadn't realized it was out yet! Haven't played it but looks like the same fun TTR action on a smaller board, with taxis instead of trains.

Might be a great alt for 2 player than the standard game, quicker too. Anyone else tried it yet?

We play TTR Nordic countries a lot. Amazing 2 player game.

Also: pumped for JP!
DaleCooper
Art Expert

Postby starkdesign on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:28 pm

DaleCooper wrote:
Also: pumped for JP!

SO PUMPED! just got the $25 one from Target and read thru the rules but haven't played, but man I am ALL FOR MORE JP ACTION.

Skipped on Dino Island KS because I had hoped the mondo one would debut soon, fingers crossed it was a good decision lol
starkdesign
Art Expert

Postby chevyav53 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:52 pm

starkdesign wrote:
chevyav53 wrote:Not sure qualifies for you purists on here but picked up Hungry Hungry Hippos to play with my 3yr old this past weekend..... forgot how intense the game was.... good times :)

lol hey its got a page on BGG, so that has to count for something, right?! https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/589 ... gry-hippos

I'm all for any games that encourage interaction with your children, especially at a young age. You might look at Peaceable Kingdom games for starting kids out at an early age with games that encourage co-op play vs PvP?

https://www.facebook.com/PeaceableK/

we have a few of them and they are great to play with younger kids, helping to show how to work together as a team vs the "game". Mermaid Island is a good one (compares to Candyland), and Cauldron Quest is a fun one too. Also heard lots of good feedback about Hoot Owl Hoot, but haven't played it.

Thanks for that.... definitely going to check out Hoot Owl Hoot, based on one of his favorite books he still loves to pull out to read.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Postby starkdesign on Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:34 pm

Anyone seen any shots of the mondo JP game? it was supposed to be on display at sdcc, but haven't found any word of it on sites or fb, blarg
starkdesign
Art Expert

Postby starkdesign on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:10 pm

thx to superfro, we have a shot of the upcoming FIGHT CLUB game!

starkdesign
Art Expert

Postby guryter on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:31 pm

starkdesign wrote:Also heard lots of good feedback about Hoot Owl Hoot, but haven't played it.

We have hoot owl hoot and my 3+yo son digs it. He's not much for the following the rules 100%, but it's workable. Easy difficulty settings by reducing the amount of owls you're trying to get home. Fun to talk strategy with him as well, even though he usually just wants to play his favorite color cards. Would recommend.
guryter
Art Expert

Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.

john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.

Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.

Postby starkdesign on Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:06 am

superfro went back and shot this of the JP game on display. Not much to see for it yet, but hey its there!

starkdesign
Art Expert

Previous

Return to Anything Goes