Can we get a Board Game subforum?

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby FrankBooth on Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:56 am

FrankBooth
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImage Image

Postby starkdesign on Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:52 am

FrankBooth wrote:The 45 Best New Board Games

http://www.popularmechanics.com/culture ... cialflowFB

Great list! I've had the Gallerist on my list to get for a while now, but found out a friend has it already, so now I just need to find the time to play it with him lol
starkdesign
Art Expert

Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image

Postby Weasel on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:11 am

I can't click on that list or I'll end up with dozens more games on my 'to buy' list. :lol:

Edit: Couple of games of Mansions of Madness 2nd Ed at the weekend. Played a nice, creepy 'whodunnit'-type scenario - that went terribly wrong the first time, resulting in all of our party going insane/dying.

Second playthrough, we nailed it.*

*Well, scraped to a technical victory. Two of our party were insane, one was critically wounded and we accidentally burned the mansion down. 8)
Weasel
Art Enthusiast

Postby Weasel on Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:16 pm

Well I'm glad I avoided that list: bought Star Wars Rebellion and Tsuro since posting that. Doh...
Weasel
Art Enthusiast

Postby iwokeinrelief on Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:23 pm

Weasel wrote:Well I'm glad I avoided that list: bought Star Wars Rebellion and Tsuro since posting that. Doh...

I totally broke down and back Medioevo Universalis earlier today. *whoops*

Played The Rose King with my wife again last night -she beat me, as is the pattern: she almost always beats me the second time we play something. I've got Paperback in the closet waiting for our next session - I'm really excited for it based on the rules.

Got a four person group set for Sunday for our first foray into Pandemic Legacy. Pumped!
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Postby 63schoeffling on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:00 am

So we just got the Seafarers expansion for Catan and good God it's a blast. I can't believe how many different ways you can play.

We also snagged the Catan: America version and it looks super intense. Can't wait to tear into that.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby starkdesign on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:49 am

63schoeffling wrote:So we just got the Seafarers expansion for Catan and good God it's a blast. I can't believe how many different ways you can play.

We also snagged the Catan: America version and it looks super intense. Can't wait to tear into that.

Let us know how America goes, I wanted to get that when it came out but it was $80 and scarce, so I figured I would wait. And now its years later lol
starkdesign
Art Expert

Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image

Postby hunterjax on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:53 am

Daughter picked up One Night Werewolf for Christmas (I think that's the name) - card game; we finally played it the other night and it takes like ten minutes tops with 3 or 4 people, pretty fun.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby 63schoeffling on Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:54 pm

starkdesign wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:So we just got the Seafarers expansion for Catan and good God it's a blast. I can't believe how many different ways you can play.

Let us know how America goes, I wanted to get that when it came out but it was $80 and scarce, so I figured I would wait. And now its years later lol

Will do. My friend scooped it and the extension for Seafarers as well since a bunch of us grabbed the other versions. We have had a lot of people coming over lately to rip through Catan games, ha. Playing almost every night.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Postby dougr on Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:46 pm

dougr
Site Admin

The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.

Postby iwokeinrelief on Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:59 pm

Yep, saw this earlier - pretty spot on when trying to introduce non-gamers to complex games.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Postby starkdesign on Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:13 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:

Yep, saw this earlier - pretty spot on when trying to introduce non-gamers to complex games.

LOL yeah was posted in our bg group on fb. Reminds me of the time I tried to convince my wife that TTR is fun.

"so...its a board game...where you place trains...to complete tickets...to different cities. Hmmm...can we just play Catan?"

now she loves it. :D
starkdesign
Art Expert

Postby 63schoeffling on Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:25 pm

What are some good 2 player board games?

It looks like Castles of Burgandy and Lost Cities are solid bets.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Postby starkdesign on Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:27 pm

63schoeffling wrote:What are some good 2 player board games?

Patchwork, 7 Wonders Duel, Blueprints works well with 2, Bottom of the Ninth (if you like baseball), Memoir 44, Blood Bowl Team Manager (if you like football, and cheating lol), Boss Monster...
starkdesign
Art Expert

Postby 63schoeffling on Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:33 pm

starkdesign wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:What are some good 2 player board games?

Patchwork, 7 Wonders Duel, Blueprints works well with 2, Bottom of the Ninth (if you like baseball), Memoir 44, Blood Bowl Team Manager (if you like football, and cheating lol), Boss Monster...

Nice, I will look into those. What about the two I mentioned... any good?
63schoeffling
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes