Can we get a Board Game subforum?

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby starkdesign on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:09 am

Played Azul this weekend... FIVE TIMES IN A ROW.

awesome game, awesome.

also played Here Kitty Kitty, fun game with the kids, easy to pick up and play

and got to DM a round of Dungeon! for my son and his friend...forgot how fun that game is for intro to dungeon-crawlers for kids, lol
starkdesign
Art Expert

Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image

Postby FrankBooth on Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:41 pm

FrankBooth
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImage Image

Postby starkdesign on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:10 am

FrankBooth wrote:http://www.manticgames.com/games/hellboy.html

Looks like one of the people behind it did some heavy hitters, stuff like Blood Bowl reissue, Silver Tower, the newer Necromunda, all great games! wonder why they are going the kickstarter route rather than just a release...

anyone score stuff on the amazon sale on Monday? I debated between Terraforming Mars and Photosynthesis, ended up picking Photosynthesis (should arrive today)! Figured it would make the table at home more often since its lighter lol
starkdesign
Art Expert

Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image

Postby greenhorn1 on Fri May 18, 2018 9:57 pm

Has anyone played Tides of Time? If so does it have much replay value/strategy to it? It's pretty cheap but don't want to waste money if it just gets old after a few games.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)

Postby starkdesign on Wed May 23, 2018 4:38 pm

greenhorn1 wrote:Has anyone played Tides of Time? If so does it have much replay value/strategy to it? It's pretty cheap but don't want to waste money if it just gets old after a few games.

Haven't played it before, but the bgg rating on it seems pretty good, and it looks like its around $10 on amazon?

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/176229/tides-time

only limit to it really is its 2 player only, but I have a few of those and it doesn't really matter that much, just wanted to point it out
starkdesign
Art Expert

Postby starkdesign on Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:35 pm

This past weekend we did a "game-a-thon" with the family, everyone got to choose 2 games to play, for a total of 10 plays on Monday. was awesome! Games played included Labyrinth, Azul, Sofia princess tea party, Exploding Kittens, Ticket to Ride (kid edition), Carcassonne (kid edition), Santorini, Here Kitty Kitty, and Mermaid Island. We also kept a tally of who won what and the champion was memorialized on our family chalkboard. Was a blast, def going to do this again soon.

Then I had a buddy over to play some 2 player stuff, and he hadn't played Sagrada or Azul, so I intro'd him to both. After playing back to back, Azul wins for me on those (Sagrada is still fun tho). And we played his copy of Raiders of the North Sea. Holy cow thats a great worker placement game, def putting it on my wishlist now. Was shocked the coins included were metal too, the details like that are a plus anytime.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/170 ... -north-sea

anyone else play stuff recently?
starkdesign
Art Expert

Postby iwokeinrelief on Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:11 am

Random, I know - but anyone going to GenCon?
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Postby DaleCooper on Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:40 am

Anyone ever back kickstarter projects? I'm a sucker for those things. Just backed Tang Garden and currently waiting on Monster Slaughter, One Week Werewolf, Fireball Island and Kodama Due. Think they're all due for delivery around October/November.

Played a load of the UNLOCK! games this weekend. Amazingly invented and clever at times. Real fun co-op if you want something light.
DaleCooper
Art Expert

Postby iwokeinrelief on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:32 am

DaleCooper wrote:Anyone ever back kickstarter projects? I'm a sucker for those things. Just backed Tang Garden and currently waiting on Monster Slaughter, One Week Werewolf, Fireball Island and Kodama Due. Think they're all due for delivery around October/November.

I've backed a bunch over the last couple years - some of them have pretty long timelines, so I still get something every couple months even though I haven't backed anything this year. It can be oddly addicting. I will be backing the new CMON Cthulhu game when it hits KS next month though. It'll possibly be the only thing I back this year, though I'm sure other things will pop up over the next 6 months...
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Postby starkdesign on Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:30 pm

DaleCooper wrote:Anyone ever back kickstarter projects? I'm a sucker for those things. Just backed Tang Garden and currently waiting on Monster Slaughter, One Week Werewolf, Fireball Island and Kodama Due. Think they're all due for delivery around October/November.

Played a load of the UNLOCK! games this weekend. Amazingly invented and clever at times. Real fun co-op if you want something light.

Backed those Catan Boards years ago, still love them.

Also backed a friend's kickstarter for a car combat game, been 2 years now? still haven't delivered, but he updates its regularly so people seem ok with the delays...

and a few books over time. recently did the MYST kickstarter too, had to get that video linking book lol
starkdesign
Art Expert

Postby DaleCooper on Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:51 pm

Picked up Azul and The Thing: Infection at outpost 31 this last week. Never played either so excited to try them out. Azul has been out of stock in the UK for about 6 months so I'm glad a few copies are finally appearing,
DaleCooper
Art Expert

Postby starkdesign on Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:25 pm

DaleCooper wrote:Picked up Azul and The Thing: Infection at outpost 31 this last week. Never played either so excited to try them out. Azul has been out of stock in the UK for about 6 months so I'm glad a few copies are finally appearing,

Nice! love love love Azul, played it 20+ times so far lol

and still have yet to play Thing, just opened it and looked at all the bits and bobs lol, hard to get enough players at once to agree to play it!
starkdesign
Art Expert

Postby DaleCooper on Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:09 am

Yep, same problem. Had 6 people last week before two went home cos they were tired... scuppered the game!
DaleCooper
Art Expert

Postby DaleCooper on Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:01 am

Played some Small World (always a fave for me), The Mind and Azul this weekend. The Mind was a really fun experience. Provided some tense moments and laughs - even if it seems really basic it plays really well if you're with a good group.

Azul was really fun. Can imagine it'll be one I play a lot over the years. Even though I was bad at it.
DaleCooper
Art Expert

Postby chevyav53 on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:08 am

Not sure qualifies for you purists on here but picked up Hungry Hungry Hippos to play with my 3yr old this past weekend..... forgot how intense the game was.... good times :)
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes