Can we get a Board Game subforum?

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby starkdesign on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:33 pm

Also heard good things on facebook about the playtest last night with the new mondo game...curiously optimistic!
starkdesign
Art Expert

Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image

Postby starkdesign on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:52 am

From Facebook discussions:

It kind of seemed to me like a identity focused strategy game similar to Resistance, Coup, Avalon, or possibly Clue but longer form so it has all the paranoia that you'd expect out of a game based on this movie!

Closer to those other games than Clue, but there's a definite focus on rooms.

2 infected among players. Find out who they are, defeat npc things along the map, don't let infected on the helicopter at the end or everyone loses

Predefined board, no different rules for infected. It's completely up to the player to decide how to play it
starkdesign
Art Expert

Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image

Postby dweebofthedead on Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:56 am

dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby Weasel on Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Gloomhaven turned up this weekend - it's a beast. :shock:
Weasel
Art Enthusiast

Postby iwokeinrelief on Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:48 pm

Weasel wrote:Gloomhaven turned up this weekend - it's a beast. :shock:

Hell yeah it is - completely massive!

Finally finished a full game of Anachrony - me and my friends were really impressed with it. It's really complex, but really smart as well.

Next, Blood Rage, then a four person game of Scythe.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Postby Weasel on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:33 am

I need to give Blood Rage another go. Must admit, it's on my pile of contenders to move on. I know everyone raves about it, but I do almost all of my gaming two-player, and it fell a bit flat when we played it. Can see why it'd be great with more players, but with two? Hmm. Got all the Kickstarter bits and bobs too which seem to go for a fortune...
Weasel
Art Enthusiast

Postby iwokeinrelief on Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:31 am

Weasel wrote:I need to give Blood Rage another go. Must admit, it's on my pile of contenders to move on. I know everyone raves about it, but I do almost all of my gaming two-player, and it fell a bit flat when we played it. Can see why it'd be great with more players, but with two? Hmm. Got all the Kickstarter bits and bobs too which seem to go for a fortune...

Yeah, all that KS stuff always seems to carry a premium - I was late on it, so I've only got the retail version. Haven't played it yet, but one of the guys from my group has, and speaks highly of it. So I'm going to finally break my copy out!

Eventually we'll get to Gloomhaven. That or I'll get impatient and play it by myself...
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:31 am

Anybody familiar with the game Wizardology? Picked it up at a thrift sore recently. Looks pretty cool.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby starkdesign on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:41 am

RottenAtom wrote:Anybody familiar with the game Wizardology? Picked it up at a thrift sore recently. Looks pretty cool.

Never played it, but I think its based on a series of books? All the bits and items look nice and high quality
starkdesign
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:15 am

starkdesign wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:Anybody familiar with the game Wizardology? Picked it up at a thrift sore recently. Looks pretty cool.

Never played it, but I think its based on a series of books? All the bits and items look nice and high quality

It's based on the third book in the 'Ology' series by Templar Publishing. The pieces/board look great and I love the subject matter. Looking forward to trying it out.

Also picked up an Alfred Hitchcock version of Clue.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby starkdesign on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:28 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
starkdesign wrote:

It's based on the third book in the 'Ology' series by Templar Publishing. The pieces/board look great and I love the subject matter. Looking forward to trying it out.

Also picked up an Alfred Hitchcock version of Clue.

Nice! and PERFECT for you dude lol

I've heard good things about the Star Wars Clue of all things, 3d board and cool alt rules etc. Never thought I would need to get another version of Clue before, but it has me wondering

also makes me think of getting a set of Star Trek 3d chess now
starkdesign
Art Expert

Postby starkdesign on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:29 pm

Oh yeah, FINALLY played Agricola this weekend with the wife.

after watching around 2 hours of tutorials and how-to videos about it. the rule book was intimidating to say the least. TINY type lol

damn that game is awesome. and my wife smoked me of course. can't wait to play again!
starkdesign
Art Expert

Postby Weasel on Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:15 pm

So I'm currently looking at this lot on Kickstarter. Far too many games. Anyone able to talk me out of any of them, or recommend any above the others?

Aeon's End: War Eternal (would get the set including the original base game)
Necronomicards
Grimslingers
Pirate Republic
Raiders of the North Sea (only 10 hours to go!)
Long Live The Queen
Thunderstone Quest
Orcquest (as a late pledge)
Weasel
Art Enthusiast

Postby starkdesign on Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:15 am

Played Star Trek Panic last night.

Damn, after almost 3 hours, totally bit the dust.

A fun game, definitely more complicated than Castle Panic, and if you are a trekkie, its a must. I am a trekkie for sure, but TNG will always be my main jam, so I kinda wish it was that ship/crew/baddies, but still a fun themed game.

Was almost as tough as Pandemic lol, almost.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Postby iwokeinrelief on Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:43 am

Super dorky post:

I bought the Gloomhaven Town organizer (from Meeple Realty) and it showed up yesterday. So, last night it took me three hours to put the organizer together, pop out all of the Gloomhaven pieces, sort the pieces, and get it all back into the box; but I've now got a nicely organized Gloomhaven game ready to start playing. I think I'll start teaching myself via a solo game tonight or tomorrow.

Pics!

iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes