Forget cats, let's talk about dogs!

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:45 pm

He is the the most gentle dog i have ever met. Loves everyone and everything - kids,cats,hedgehogs, its all good.
Akitas get a bad rep for being aggressive,but he is a total softie.
No recall though so he rarely gets to run off leash,which is a shame.
Last time he got loose ,he got into a field with 4 horses who were non too pleased to see him.
I had to spend a scary 10 minutes chasing him in circles chasing them in circles.....naughty doggy.

He didn't want to attack them. He wanted to play. I think he just thought they were reeeeeally big dogs!
VROOOOM!!! TETSUOOOO!!! Image
アキラ
sugarhiccup
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:56 pm

When I was growing up, my neighbors had an Akita. They really are big softies. :)
1xRun Timed Print Releases Invite - http://1xrun.com/invite/isabelxhsu
chalkdust
Art Expert

Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:10 pm

not the sharpest photo, but this is Tela. She's my best friend in the world..
goodgirl2.jpg
^^This is how she usually sits on the couch, upright like a human. I think she learned it by watching me. :lol:
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:26 pm

Husky derp face. :heart:
.facebook_6101263.jpg

IceCube,comin' straight outta compton....well....Cardiff,UK. 8)
4980835999106401259.jpg
Last edited by OtomoChaser on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VROOOOM!!! TETSUOOOO!!! Image
アキラ
shoeless
Art Expert

Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:27 pm

Haha....Ajax does the same
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:29 pm

My 2 best friends Bisconaut and Jade
chalkdust
Art Expert

Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:39 pm

shoeless wrote: Haha....Ajax does the same
I tried banning her from the couch, but she's just not a floor dog. Picked up a bench cushion that helps a lot, so now the loveseat is hers exclusively unless company comes over..

some great looking dogs already here guys and gals! keep em coming, I love me some dogs!
shoeless
Art Expert

Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:57 pm

DickButt wrote:Shoeless I've wanted a Boxer for years, yours is gorgeous.
Thanks! He's really been the most well behaved dog I've know....and has an awesome personality.
peacedog
Art Expert

Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:23 am

This is Elvis. He was our first dog and one of the smartest dogs I've ever known. You could just talk to him and he understood every word. Unbelievable first dog for my wife and I, swore us on border collies forever. Frisbees, balls, sticks, he'd bring them to you over and over and over again. We used to attach glow sticks to his collar and he'd play in the dark while were camping. It was awesome to watch his search pattern in the dark as he honed in on the scent. He passed away in 2004, still miss him very much.

Elvis was joined by StellaBlue, a border mix we rescued from a couple that had no understanding of how much energy the breed has. She was pretty wild when we got her, still the most hard headed dog we've owned. Stella was also an incredible thief, once made off with an entire pork roast from the grill. Also a hell of a ball and frisbee player.

Before Stella passed on, Comet joined us.

Comet is the most gentle border collie I've ever known. Incredibly gentle with children, I think he's got a secret language with them. He's strictly a frisbee dog after an unfortunate incident with a tennis ball.

Comet picked up a little brother, Owsley.
Be careful what you name your animals. Owsley is very work minded, very jumpy, and extremely cautious of new people. As crazy as he can be, if my wife or I give him a command, he's on it. His natural drive to be a herd dog and take commands is through the roof.

During the school year while the wife is teaching, Comet & Owsley are the shop dogs. They're very good at staying out of the way and working the clientele for treats.

So there you have it, Peacedog loves border collies. Can't imagine ever owning another breed.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:46 am

About time there was a dog thread!

Image - Cheeky, my stupid chihuahua. Don't ever get a chihuahua. A random purchase rescue dog.
Image - Scully, my pomeranian cross schipperke. An old age rescue dog.
Image - Henry, the intellectually disabled mini schnauzer. My favourite breed and probably the best dog I've ever had as well.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
squalie
Art Expert

Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:53 am

FroDawg wrote:
I think Montana could give Bear a lesson or two. In fact Bear's name came from a town in MT called Bear Creek; which was my second choice behind Bozeman (a friend of mine stole that one for her golden). Montana is a GREAT looking dog, a really pretty girl.
Not many people have heard of Bearcreek Fro. Whats your connection? That is where most of my family immigrated to from Italy back in the day. Good lookin' pups all. I'll post my guy when I get a chance.
hellosir
Art Freak

Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:57 am

Cool thread
Have any of you guys ever had any experience with heartworms before? My dog coughed once today, and my roommate brought up heartworms. So now I'm all freaked out. Seems like the only symptoms are the cough, and being lazy. Well my dog is usually pretty lazy in the evenings, but he has always been like that
shivashakti
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:02 am

This is Cooper, he's the man.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:06 am

hellosir wrote:Cool thread
Have any of you guys ever had any experience with heartworms before? My dog coughed once today, and my roommate brought up heartworms. So now I'm all freaked out. Seems like the only symptoms are the cough, and being lazy. Well my dog is usually pretty lazy in the evenings, but he has always been like that
Depends on the environment you live in - if it's a mosquito heavy area then there may be a higher risk of heartworm. In Australia heartworm isn't very common, so the likelyhood of a 'cough' being heartworm is slim. The other thing as well is whether he coughs often or not. If it's one cough, I wouldn't stress. My dogs cough every so often and no problems. The other thing is if you take them for a walk and they have a shortness of breath really quickly, then yeah, get them checked out. The test to see if they have heartworm is a very simple snap test where they take a small amount of blood and test them on the spot - well, in Australia that's what we do anyhow.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
hellosir
Art Freak

Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:10 am

^
Yeah there are no mosquitos at all around here. And I did notice he started panting on the walk today. But it was hot as f out