Anyone here breed French Bulldogs?

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:42 pm

Man, Gorkie and Dickbutt y'all have cute dogs.

My wife is putting a hard press on getting a Frenchie but it has to wait until our current dogs move on. I'd be a stressed wreck having a little guy among 2 Rottweilers that don't understand their strength.
I'm not someone else.
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:01 pm

:D

They might think the Frenchie is their new chew toy!
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
gorkie
Art Freak

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:06 pm

The little man made a new buddy today sitting in the car next door at the farmer's market.
image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg
gorkie
Art Freak

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:25 pm

ham2.JPG
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:40 pm

Awe...
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
DickButt
Art Expert

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:58 am

:heart:
cripplethreat
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:14 am

Best dogs in the world! I’ll share a pic of mine once I figure out how
fredo
Art God

Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:23 am

The big 2-5! Not bad for the thread voted 'least likely to exceed 3 posts' in high school.

Cute pups.
just a foil for me today, thanks
DickButt
Art Expert

Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:22 pm

Long overdue post and I'll try not to make it too long but no promises...

In August, this story made headlines - http://garfield.dailyvoice.com/police-f ... rt/719493/

A few days later, I got a call from a good friend of mine who works for a bulldog rescue. They were one of a few organizations that were contacted by the animal shelter to help place all the dogs in foster homes while the legal system did their thing (technically these dogs were evidence and still owned by the people who were charged). Most of these dogs were under 8 weeks old, and much too young to be away from their mothers.

My wife and I discussed it, weighed the pros and cons, and pretty quickly decided that we would foster one of the Frenchies that my friend had specifically marked for me as he knew our situation with Dexter being an old man with great disposition.

So in late August, we brought home #23

In early October, the accused skipped their court date, and authorities began the process of gaining custody of the puppies. (http://garfield.dailyvoice.com/police-f ... es/723252/)

For over a month it was pretty quiet. We were all waiting to see what happened, hoping that the courts wouldn't be so stupid that they would somehow give custody of the dogs back to the people who had been charged.

Then, in November, 2 of the 3 were convicted and pled down to fines of $500. Think about that - animal cruelty charges against 26 puppies costs less than most artwork you own. Part of the plea deal was that all the dogs be placed permanently in their foster homes to prevent them from going through any additional stress.
http://www.nj.com/bergen/index.ssf/2017 ... _alle.html

An already long story short, #23 is now with us forever. 6-month-old Luke (2 weeks after we named him we realized Jordan would've been perfect) has been great for Dexter. Dex had never lost his spirit, despite a really tough year, but having a puppy in the house has been really good for him. Of course, there's still plenty of times (daily) where we need to separate them because Luke doesn't know that Dexter can't keep up, and that his back and legs can't handle being jumped on, etc., but that's just normal puppy play. Dexter initiates playtime at least once a day, and it's great to see a 10-year-old with cancer still act as young as he feels in his mind. It really brings a smile to my face.

But it hasn't been all great. Luke is a completely different dog than Dexter was at his age. He eats his fudge almost every night :x. We can't break him of this and have reluctantly admitted that we probably never will. Some dogs just do that and no powder or spray or pineapple will stop them ... He smells eeeeeverything when we go for walks and is only outside strictly for business. 1 pee, 1 poop, ready to go back in. There was a long period of time where he was trying to eat everything outside as well. So his walks need work, and winter is a terrible time to try and do that ... He's much more work than Dexter ever was. He's a real dog. We were so spoiled by how insanely easy Dexter is. Luke is a full-time puppy. So we take the bad with good, because there's so much good. He's very attentive despite his stubbornness, and he loves to snuggle (which Dexter does not). He'll curl up into you for hours on the couch and you forget all about how terrible he was that day :lol:.

Also, before anyone asks - no, he's not 100% French Bulldog. Merle coats are not in Frenchie genes so he definitely has something else in his bloodline. The list of possibilities is short and we think it's American Bulldog based on his size (he's 6 months old and already as long as Dexter).

So that's that. We now have Luke and Dexter. Funny how life really just changes without you expecting it.
gorkie
Art Freak

Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:47 pm

Wow. That's really quite a story. Luke is very cute and he and Dexter look so happy together.

Keep us posted and good luck With the monsters!!

Happy New Year!
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:49 pm

Go, Dexter, go!
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
lemtar999
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:17 am

DickButt wrote:Long overdue post and I'll try not to make it too long but no promises...

In August, this story made headlines - http://garfield.dailyvoice.com/police-f ... rt/719493/

A few days later, I got a call from a good friend of mine who works for a bulldog rescue. They were one of a few organizations that were contacted by the animal shelter to help place all the dogs in foster homes while the legal system did their thing (technically these dogs were evidence and still owned by the people who were charged). Most of these dogs were under 8 weeks old, and much too young to be away from their mothers.

My wife and I discussed it, weighed the pros and cons, and pretty quickly decided that we would foster one of the Frenchies that my friend had specifically marked for me as he knew our situation with Dexter being an old man with great disposition.

So in late August, we brought home #23

In early October, the accused skipped their court date, and authorities began the process of gaining custody of the puppies. (http://garfield.dailyvoice.com/police-f ... es/723252/)

For over a month it was pretty quiet. We were all waiting to see what happened, hoping that the courts wouldn't be so stupid that they would somehow give custody of the dogs back to the people who had been charged.

Then, in November, 2 of the 3 were convicted and pled down to fines of $500. Think about that - animal cruelty charges against 26 puppies costs less than most artwork you own. Part of the plea deal was that all the dogs be placed permanently in their foster homes to prevent them from going through any additional stress.
http://www.nj.com/bergen/index.ssf/2017 ... _alle.html

An already long story short, #23 is now with us forever. 6-month-old Luke (2 weeks after we named him we realized Jordan would've been perfect) has been great for Dexter. Dex had never lost his spirit, despite a really tough year, but having a puppy in the house has been really good for him. Of course, there's still plenty of times (daily) where we need to separate them because Luke doesn't know that Dexter can't keep up, and that his back and legs can't handle being jumped on, etc., but that's just normal puppy play. Dexter initiates playtime at least once a day, and it's great to see a 10-year-old with cancer still act as young as he feels in his mind. It really brings a smile to my face.

But it hasn't been all great. Luke is a completely different dog than Dexter was at his age. He eats his fudge almost every night :x. We can't break him of this and have reluctantly admitted that we probably never will. Some dogs just do that and no powder or spray or pineapple will stop them ... He smells eeeeeverything when we go for walks and is only outside strictly for business. 1 pee, 1 poop, ready to go back in. There was a long period of time where he was trying to eat everything outside as well. So his walks need work, and winter is a terrible time to try and do that ... He's much more work than Dexter ever was. He's a real dog. We were so spoiled by how insanely easy Dexter is. Luke is a full-time puppy. So we take the bad with good, because there's so much good. He's very attentive despite his stubbornness, and he loves to snuggle (which Dexter does not). He'll curl up into you for hours on the couch and you forget all about how terrible he was that day :lol:.

Also, before anyone asks - no, he's not 100% French Bulldog. Merle coats are not in Frenchie genes so he definitely has something else in his bloodline. The list of possibilities is short and we think it's American Bulldog based on his size (he's 6 months old and already as long as Dexter).

So that's that. We now have Luke and Dexter. Funny how life really just changes without you expecting it.

Small World I was also contacted to get one of those dogs. My cousin was somehow involved after the rescue (I also live one town away from Garfield) and offered us one since we already have one and were looking for another. The wife and I went back and forth but ultimately had to pass because our wedding was in September and a honey moon after. When we were contacted everything was up in the air with court dates and custody and I didn't feel comfortable taking a puppy and then potentially being gone for 2 weeks.

This is Bodi

gorkie
Art Freak

Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:19 pm

DickButt
Art Expert

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:09 pm

Looking good, Gorkie!

Luke @ 10 months

Dexter @ 10.5 years