Currency Wars, USD, YEN, Bitcoin and what it means to you.

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby alittle on Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:23 pm

lol...if your favourite shitcoin doesn't go 20x in the next 90 days you'll be "surprised and disappointed"?

You might want to temper your expectations.
User avatar
alittle
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 15277
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:10 am
Image

Postby Codeblue on Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:49 pm

He said teh END of next year, not teh beginning. Stop shitting on his shitcoin bruh.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
 
Status: Active
Posts: 50108
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby chevyav53 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:05 pm

soam24 wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:
soam24 wrote:Finally got some extra cash in.

Someone shill me on some coins i'm missing out on? Otherwise gonna stock up current bags.

My current bags.


Elastos eh? I'll have to go do some reading.


No BNB or TRX?

BNB by far my best performer jumping up over $10 now putting me up over 600%. Bit lucky there as I put extra money into it when I opened Binance account as discount if fees paid in BNB, has paid off nicely. Sold off almost everything else except a few small holdings.
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Postby 63schoeffling on Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:12 am

BNB jut isn’t for me. With all the dex’s coming out I don’t want to be tied to one exchange. Also, I can’t remember the last time I used Binance. And as for TRX... I’m not much into fudge coins, lol.

And yeah.... by the end of 2019, not the end of 2018. We haven’t even scratched the surface of the crypto market yet so the big bubble hasn’t come and gone yet. Especially looking forward to Baakt and Coinbase adding tons of tokens. So I don’t expect most of my tokens to 20x, but you better believe I expect ELA to. It crosses off every box.
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 8101
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am
ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby cktbreaker on Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:56 am

Why is there a belief that a 'big' bubble, bigger than 20k is on the horizon? I don't see anything that indicates that, other than wishful thinking. BTC could chop sideways for years.
cktbreaker
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1482
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:44 pm

Postby soam24 on Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:59 am

chevyav53 wrote:
soam24 wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:
soam24 wrote:Finally got some extra cash in.

Someone shill me on some coins i'm missing out on? Otherwise gonna stock up current bags.

My current bags.


Elastos eh? I'll have to go do some reading.


No BNB or TRX?

BNB by far my best performer jumping up over $10 now putting me up over 600%. Bit lucky there as I put extra money into it when I opened Binance account as discount if fees paid in BNB, has paid off nicely. Sold off almost everything else except a few small holdings.



Sold all TRX, those people are loony.
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 12298
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards
Image

Postby 63schoeffling on Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:18 am

cktbreaker wrote:Why is there a belief that a 'big' bubble, bigger than 20k is on the horizon? I don't see anything that indicates that, other than wishful thinking. BTC could chop sideways for years.


Because all the money in crypto is a drop in the bucket compared to the long run. BTC could very well hang around $6-12k or under $20k for two years but with all the development going on and eventual scaling, SEC rulings, ETFs, real-world uses, etc. etc. going on I personally believe it would be foolish to think that crypto has already hit it's peak. Most people can't tell you anything about BTC let alone have heard of anything besides one or two tokens. Once everyone can buy $5 worth of any token they want on their phone in a few minutes is when it will really pop off. Also, I think there is a shift among younger people away from traditional stocks, banks, etc. because nobody wants to pay brokers commissions and make zero interest when they could invest their own money in what they want. I think crowd sourcing will play a giant roll in the rise of crypto as well.

A bit of rambling but I'm busy today and hey, that's just my opinion. until it all crashes to zero
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 8101
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am
ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby hunterjax on Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:28 am

63schoeffling wrote:
cktbreaker wrote:Why is there a belief that a 'big' bubble, bigger than 20k is on the horizon? I don't see anything that indicates that, other than wishful thinking. BTC could chop sideways for years.


Because all the money in crypto is a drop in the bucket compared to the long run. BTC could very well hang around $6-12k or under $20k for two years but with all the development going on and eventual scaling, SEC rulings, ETFs, real-world uses, etc. etc. going on I personally believe it would be foolish to think that crypto has already hit it's peak. Most people can't tell you anything about BTC let alone have heard of anything besides one or two tokens. Once everyone can buy $5 worth of any token they want on their phone in a few minutes is when it will really pop off. Also, I think there is a shift among younger people away from traditional stocks, banks, etc. because nobody wants to pay brokers commissions and make zero interest when they could invest their own money in what they want. I think crowd sourcing will play a giant roll in the rise of crypto as well.

A bit of rambling but I'm busy today and hey, that's just my opinion. until it all crashes to zero

I know barely anything about crypto, I don't own any, but I've been trying to educate myself on it slowly and when I get the time to read about it and all of this sounds pretty spot on to me, especially the parts I underlined.

Maybe it's futurist bullshit, but I really believe that it is going to become a major currency form for people in the next 10-20 years that will play havoc with traditional currency. It will be a real case of the olds vs. youth. I don't know, I probably read too much William Gibson.
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3861
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby 63schoeffling on Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:35 am

hunterjax wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:
cktbreaker wrote:Why is there a belief that a 'big' bubble, bigger than 20k is on the horizon? I don't see anything that indicates that, other than wishful thinking. BTC could chop sideways for years.


Because all the money in crypto is a drop in the bucket compared to the long run. BTC could very well hang around $6-12k or under $20k for two years but with all the development going on and eventual scaling, SEC rulings, ETFs, real-world uses, etc. etc. going on I personally believe it would be foolish to think that crypto has already hit it's peak. Most people can't tell you anything about BTC let alone have heard of anything besides one or two tokens. Once everyone can buy $5 worth of any token they want on their phone in a few minutes is when it will really pop off. Also, I think there is a shift among younger people away from traditional stocks, banks, etc. because nobody wants to pay brokers commissions and make zero interest when they could invest their own money in what they want. I think crowd sourcing will play a giant roll in the rise of crypto as well.

A bit of rambling but I'm busy today and hey, that's just my opinion. until it all crashes to zero

I know barely anything about crypto, I don't own any, but I've been trying to educate myself on it slowly and when I get the time to read about it and all of this sounds pretty spot on to me, especially the parts I underlined.

Maybe it's futurist bullshit, but I really believe that it is going to become a major currency form for people in the next 10-20 years that will play havoc with traditional currency. It will be a real case of the olds vs. youth. I don't know, I probably read too much William Gibson.


It's really, really overwhelming and I have spent a ton of time learning about different tokens. Ideally, it will get to a point where the average person doesn't have to know about any of the tech points or specifics but they just use it in the back end of tasks without realizing. At the very least, blockchain will be here to stay but you can definitely argue the valuation of BTC longterm. Honestly, if you just spent time researching all you could about BTC or ETH it would take up an entire year let alone some ERC-20 tokens that are out there.
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 8101
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am
ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby cktbreaker on Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:27 pm

I agree the adoption of crypto and or blockchain into the larger businesses is happening. Just today I read TD Ameritrade is investing in ErisX a crypto exchange, Goldman's circle owns Poloniex and the list goes on. I think a promising area is that there are alot of other countries, most with monetary problems interested in getting into crypto.
I think we have been 'crowd sourcing' the whole time, that's what crypto is currently, yea? funding for projects, price moves because of traders. But when the fundamental analysis of what can be is put away. BTC is in a downtrend, we haven't gained a single thing since the break from 20k. When the daily volume for BTC hits almost nothing, then I think things will get interesting. Until then i'm only trading the stuff. I hold BNB because CZ is a bad ass and always seems to make the right move with the exchange and until recently BNB held its place against BTC drops, and I got it at much lower prices, I wouldn't buy into BNB now in large amounts. For the future, I put my money in buys at much lower ranges instead of holding crypto for the near term.
cktbreaker
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1482
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:44 pm

Postby hax0n on Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:54 pm

its crypto winter guise! bundle up! :lol:
User avatar
hax0n
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2741
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:43 pm
Location: Keepin' Austin Weird
ImageTrade Stocks & Crypto w/ Robinhood | Bitcoin Options w/ Deribit | Trade Alts @ Binance | Trade Crypto up to 100x Leverage @ BitMEX
electrachrome wrote:None of us who are responsible for this website really have any idea how it works

Postby Codeblue on Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:03 pm

Luls.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
 
Status: Active
Posts: 50108
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby 63schoeffling on Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:19 pm

cktbreaker wrote:I agree the adoption of crypto and or blockchain into the larger businesses is happening. Just today I read TD Ameritrade is investing in ErisX a crypto exchange, Goldman's circle owns Poloniex and the list goes on. I think a promising area is that there are alot of other countries, most with monetary problems interested in getting into crypto.
I think we have been 'crowd sourcing' the whole time, that's what crypto is currently, yea? funding for projects, price moves because of traders. But when the fundamental analysis of what can be is put away. BTC is in a downtrend, we haven't gained a single thing since the break from 20k. When the daily volume for BTC hits almost nothing, then I think things will get interesting. Until then i'm only trading the stuff. I hold BNB because CZ is a bad ass and always seems to make the right move with the exchange and until recently BNB held its place against BTC drops, and I got it at much lower prices, I wouldn't buy into BNB now in large amounts. For the future, I put my money in buys at much lower ranges instead of holding crypto for the near term.


Yup, I don't mind BNB at all and it's been a great hold. It's just that me personally, I wasn't looking to keep branching out and adding to my portfolio. If I were to spread my caysh across everything I liked I would have about 50 tokens, ha. Also, I think there are a boatttttload of people who are just sitting in fiat right now ready to jump in whenever they think the time is right.
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 8101
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am
ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby fredo on Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:15 pm

User avatar
fredo
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 25004
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE
just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby 63schoeffling on Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:29 pm

It's a self-sustaining economy!
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 8101
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am
ImageImageImageImageImage

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest