Currency Wars, USD, YEN, Bitcoin and what it means to you.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
alittle
Art Freak

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:23 pm

lol...if your favourite shitcoin doesn't go 20x in the next 90 days you'll be "surprised and disappointed"?

You might want to temper your expectations.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:49 pm

He said the END of next year, not the beginning. Stop shitting on his shitcoin bruh.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:05 pm

soam24 wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:
soam24 wrote:Finally got some extra cash in.

Someone shill me on some coins i'm missing out on? Otherwise gonna stock up current bags.

My current bags.
Elastos eh? I'll have to go do some reading.
No BNB or TRX?

BNB by far my best performer jumping up over $10 now putting me up over 600%. Bit lucky there as I put extra money into it when I opened Binance account as discount if fees paid in BNB, has paid off nicely. Sold off almost everything else except a few small holdings.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:12 am

BNB jut isn’t for me. With all the dex’s coming out I don’t want to be tied to one exchange. Also, I can’t remember the last time I used Binance. And as for TRX... I’m not much into fudge coins, lol.

And yeah.... by the end of 2019, not the end of 2018. We haven’t even scratched the surface of the crypto market yet so the big bubble hasn’t come and gone yet. Especially looking forward to Baakt and Coinbase adding tons of tokens. So I don’t expect most of my tokens to 20x, but you better believe I expect ELA to. It crosses off every box.
cktbreaker
Art Expert

Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:56 am

Why is there a belief that a 'big' bubble, bigger than 20k is on the horizon? I don't see anything that indicates that, other than wishful thinking. BTC could chop sideways for years.
soam24
Art Freak

Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:59 am

chevyav53 wrote:
soam24 wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:
soam24 wrote:Finally got some extra cash in.

Someone shill me on some coins i'm missing out on? Otherwise gonna stock up current bags.

My current bags.
Elastos eh? I'll have to go do some reading.
No BNB or TRX?

BNB by far my best performer jumping up over $10 now putting me up over 600%. Bit lucky there as I put extra money into it when I opened Binance account as discount if fees paid in BNB, has paid off nicely. Sold off almost everything else except a few small holdings.

Sold all TRX, those people are loony.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:18 am

cktbreaker wrote:Why is there a belief that a 'big' bubble, bigger than 20k is on the horizon? I don't see anything that indicates that, other than wishful thinking. BTC could chop sideways for years.
Because all the money in crypto is a drop in the bucket compared to the long run. BTC could very well hang around $6-12k or under $20k for two years but with all the development going on and eventual scaling, SEC rulings, ETFs, real-world uses, etc. etc. going on I personally believe it would be foolish to think that crypto has already hit it's peak. Most people can't tell you anything about BTC let alone have heard of anything besides one or two tokens. Once everyone can buy $5 worth of any token they want on their phone in a few minutes is when it will really pop off. Also, I think there is a shift among younger people away from traditional stocks, banks, etc. because nobody wants to pay brokers commissions and make zero interest when they could invest their own money in what they want. I think crowd sourcing will play a giant roll in the rise of crypto as well.

A bit of rambling but I'm busy today and hey, that's just my opinion. until it all crashes to zero
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:28 am

63schoeffling wrote:
cktbreaker wrote:Why is there a belief that a 'big' bubble, bigger than 20k is on the horizon? I don't see anything that indicates that, other than wishful thinking. BTC could chop sideways for years.
Because all the money in crypto is a drop in the bucket compared to the long run. BTC could very well hang around $6-12k or under $20k for two years but with all the development going on and eventual scaling, SEC rulings, ETFs, real-world uses, etc. etc. going on I personally believe it would be foolish to think that crypto has already hit it's peak. Most people can't tell you anything about BTC let alone have heard of anything besides one or two tokens. Once everyone can buy $5 worth of any token they want on their phone in a few minutes is when it will really pop off. Also, I think there is a shift among younger people away from traditional stocks, banks, etc. because nobody wants to pay brokers commissions and make zero interest when they could invest their own money in what they want. I think crowd sourcing will play a giant roll in the rise of crypto as well.

A bit of rambling but I'm busy today and hey, that's just my opinion. until it all crashes to zero
I know barely anything about crypto, I don't own any, but I've been trying to educate myself on it slowly and when I get the time to read about it and all of this sounds pretty spot on to me, especially the parts I underlined.

Maybe it's futurist bullshit, but I really believe that it is going to become a major currency form for people in the next 10-20 years that will play havoc with traditional currency. It will be a real case of the olds vs. youth. I don't know, I probably read too much William Gibson.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:35 am

hunterjax wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:

I know barely anything about crypto, I don't own any, but I've been trying to educate myself on it slowly and when I get the time to read about it and all of this sounds pretty spot on to me, especially the parts I underlined.

Maybe it's futurist bullshit, but I really believe that it is going to become a major currency form for people in the next 10-20 years that will play havoc with traditional currency. It will be a real case of the olds vs. youth. I don't know, I probably read too much William Gibson.
It's really, really overwhelming and I have spent a ton of time learning about different tokens. Ideally, it will get to a point where the average person doesn't have to know about any of the tech points or specifics but they just use it in the back end of tasks without realizing. At the very least, blockchain will be here to stay but you can definitely argue the valuation of BTC longterm. Honestly, if you just spent time researching all you could about BTC or ETH it would take up an entire year let alone some ERC-20 tokens that are out there.
cktbreaker
Art Expert

Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:27 pm

I agree the adoption of crypto and or blockchain into the larger businesses is happening. Just today I read TD Ameritrade is investing in ErisX a crypto exchange, Goldman's circle owns Poloniex and the list goes on. I think a promising area is that there are alot of other countries, most with monetary problems interested in getting into crypto.
I think we have been 'crowd sourcing' the whole time, that's what crypto is currently, yea? funding for projects, price moves because of traders. But when the fundamental analysis of what can be is put away. BTC is in a downtrend, we haven't gained a single thing since the break from 20k. When the daily volume for BTC hits almost nothing, then I think things will get interesting. Until then i'm only trading the stuff. I hold BNB because CZ is a bad ass and always seems to make the right move with the exchange and until recently BNB held its place against BTC drops, and I got it at much lower prices, I wouldn't buy into BNB now in large amounts. For the future, I put my money in buys at much lower ranges instead of holding crypto for the near term.
hax0n
Art Expert

Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:54 pm

its crypto winter guise! bundle up! :lol:
electrachrome wrote:None of us who are responsible for this website really have any idea how it works
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:03 pm

Luls.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:19 pm

cktbreaker wrote:I agree the adoption of crypto and or blockchain into the larger businesses is happening. Just today I read TD Ameritrade is investing in ErisX a crypto exchange, Goldman's circle owns Poloniex and the list goes on. I think a promising area is that there are alot of other countries, most with monetary problems interested in getting into crypto.
I think we have been 'crowd sourcing' the whole time, that's what crypto is currently, yea? funding for projects, price moves because of traders. But when the fundamental analysis of what can be is put away. BTC is in a downtrend, we haven't gained a single thing since the break from 20k. When the daily volume for BTC hits almost nothing, then I think things will get interesting. Until then i'm only trading the stuff. I hold BNB because CZ is a bad ass and always seems to make the right move with the exchange and until recently BNB held its place against BTC drops, and I got it at much lower prices, I wouldn't buy into BNB now in large amounts. For the future, I put my money in buys at much lower ranges instead of holding crypto for the near term.
Yup, I don't mind BNB at all and it's been a great hold. It's just that me personally, I wasn't looking to keep branching out and adding to my portfolio. If I were to spread my caysh across everything I liked I would have about 50 tokens, ha. Also, I think there are a boatttttload of people who are just sitting in fiat right now ready to jump in whenever they think the time is right.
fredo
Art God

Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:15 pm

just a foil for me today, thanks
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:29 pm

It's a self-sustaining economy!