Currency Wars, USD, YEN, Bitcoin and what it means to you.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:14 pm

soam24 wrote:Anyone in here mine?

Someone throw me some good resources on where to start with graphics cards?

Any insight is appreciated.

thanks in advance
I mine. I've got 4 - 8 card Nvidia 1080ti rigs

Apparently the new 1180 cards will be coming out in June
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:19 pm

canuck wrote:I was looking and had a geek that was going to build me a rig, but the increased prices of hardware and mining difficulty was crazy. Like 6+ months before you break even. That was about a 2-3k rig and cheapest electric prices in the US of A. Seems a little too late to jump in without a serious setup.
6 month ROI in anything you invest in is pretty darn good. Just depends what your mining strategy is. I'm mining 3000 RVN a day and I'm pretty optimistic some day a single RVN will be worth $1 so when that happens I will have been mining $3000 a day and in that case I would have ROI'd all my mining rigs in the matter of days.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:08 pm

No idea wtf is going on with EOS.... but I just sold half my stack because I feel like a drop is imminent.
cktbreaker
Art Expert

Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:33 am

EOS looks fantastic.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:16 am

cktbreaker wrote:EOS looks fantastic.
I just can't wrap my head around the whole year-long ICO. It's pretty easy to keep up with since they pump the price with the ETH they have and then it drops back. I am going to keep selling and increasing my stack, but once the main net goes live I am selling most of it. Too much of a headscratcher for me to believe in long term.

Everything I take off the top from coins will be put into a few tokens I hold, or I am even debating starting up a holding of BTC again. Either way, I think we are all in for a treat over the next few months. I wasn't expecting a run like this to hit until the summer. Giddy up!
toobs
Art Expert

Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:48 am

I <3 TRX so so much
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
cktbreaker
Art Expert

Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:56 am

I hear that. I don't think we know how many blockchains there will be for EOS come June 2 either and how will token holders get distribution into those chains. Looks like cup n handle atm, don't see why it would fail.

Almost all the alts are a mystery to me. I went to the Venchain site yesterday, saw some cool graphics of a bunch of cyborg druids with power balls and closed the page, then VEN hit one of my profit targets and I was like whateves, pay me bitch.
cktbreaker
Art Expert

Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:01 pm

toobs wrote:I <3 TRX so so much
I hate tron, I think its a junk coin for sure. A few days ago I got in at 827, first time in the tron, its so awesome.
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:04 pm

cktbreaker wrote:I hear that. I don't think we know how many blockchains there will be for EOS come June 2 either and how will token holders get distribution into those chains. Looks like cup n handle atm, don't see why it would fail.

Almost all the alts are a mystery to me. I went to the Venchain site yesterday, saw some cool graphics of a bunch of cyborg druids with power balls and closed the page, then VEN hit one of my profit targets and I was like whateves, pay me bitch.
I'm heavily invested in Vechain. IMO they're gonna blindside the Blockchain world with their immediate real world use right out of the box after public mainnet. They've already got a # of companies running their private Blockchain

One of those things, you'll have to wait on EOS to see the value rise w that platform but I think we'll see value right from the get go w VeChain, especially if the level of partnerships they've announced so far are ready to fully implement from day 1.

There's plenty of room in the supply chain and IoT industry for multiple blockchains and platforms to thrive but if I had to pick 1 that I think will stand above the rest, I'm betting on VeChain.
cktbreaker
Art Expert

Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:16 pm

Good to hear, VEN always seems to hold up well vs BTC and it had an awesome day yesterday. I have previously read the white paper, sounds solid. i wonder if peeps will stay in VEN when BTC starts to move into the fomo area.
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:22 pm

cktbreaker wrote:Good to hear, VEN always seems to hold up well vs BTC and it had an awesome day yesterday. I have previously read the white paper, sounds solid. i wonder if peeps will stay in VEN when BTC starts to move into the fomo area.
100 page revised white paper coming out any day now. Economic model developed by oxford University. Partnerships w DNV GL, Chinese Government (also rumored Belgian government) and BMW. Already backed by solid billionaire investors like Jim Breyer and Tim Draper. These dudes aren't drymounting around.

Many like myself Will continue to hodl VEN because their X Node early investor extra reward incentives get lost if your VEN dips below your currently invested X Node tier from the March 20th X Node snapshot.

I'd definitely consider DYOR on this one sometime before mainnet hits end of June
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:16 pm

Cashed out the rest of my EOS stack. Everything just seems way too fishy for me to keep any at this point.

I will take 40-50% gains any day of the week. Now to debate keeping it as ETH or buying more ELA. Hell, maybe even throw it at BTC.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu May 03, 2018 9:22 am

Everything popping off overnight. Me likey.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2018 2:19 pm

alittle
Art Freak

Fri May 04, 2018 3:24 pm

BTC needs to break $12K before I can convince granny to FOMO buy again.