Currency Wars, USD, YEN, Bitcoin and what it means to you.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
bigstrunso
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:15 am

ICON busting through some big sell walls
toobs
Art Expert

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:37 am

Big red day hmmmm?
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
soam24
Art Freak

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:46 am

bigstrunso wrote:ICON busting through some big sell walls

Big things for the end of the month here in terms of announcements and mainnet launch. pack those bags.
ForestANimal
Art Enthusiast

Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:25 pm

Anyone been keeping an eye on Wanchain? Seems to be a lot of hype for it right now. Nobody seems to know what exchanges it will hit but speculation suggest most likely Binance but possibly also Kucoin.

Unfortunately Binance is not accepting new people.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wanchain/
toobs
Art Expert

Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:32 pm

This is the crap that stopped me from jumping in earlier then I did...

https://cointelegraph.com/news/metropol ... -transfers

I just feel it's too easy for banks and govt to Jus be like meh I don't like this we aren't getting a big chunk of the pie and just say it's illegal cause it doesn't benefit them.
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
fredo
Art God

Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:36 pm

Or because it's straight gambling on literally nothing.
just a foil for me today, thanks
tulip1637
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:33 am

fredo wrote:Or because it's straight gambling on literally nothing.
that's quite the blanket statement. gambling? sure. literally nothing? well, a bunch of the vapor ware that is just an idea and a white paper sure. there are also legitimate projects.

and id love to hear more about why gov't backed currency is not literally nothing, if you are talking about all cryptocurrency including bitcoin. explain to me how the bolivar or zimbawe's currency is literally something.

can you also explain to me why we should discount a censorship resistant immutable ledger? or the obvious next level in supply chain management from source to consumer? anti-counterfeiting at a level we could never have done before?

its easy to be a contrarian when all you need to do is put in some one-liners.
toobs
Art Expert

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:33 am

Holy poop
finneganm
Art Freak

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:57 am

tulip1637 wrote:
that's quite the blanket statement. gambling? sure. literally nothing? well, a bunch of the vapor ware that is just an idea and a white paper sure. there are also legitimate projects.

and id love to hear more about why gov't backed currency is not literally nothing, if you are talking about all cryptocurrency including bitcoin. explain to me how the bolivar or zimbawe's currency is literally something.

can you also explain to me why we should discount a censorship resistant immutable ledger? or the obvious next level in supply chain management from source to consumer? anti-counterfeiting at a level we could never have done before?

Luls
That's what she said
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:22 am

Wish I had more money to buy the fucc out of this dip.
tulip1637
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:22 am

finneganm wrote:
tulip1637 wrote:

Luls
Michael, why do you take a stab at telling me how the Zimbawean currency or the Bolivar are "literally something?" Luls
finneganm
Art Freak

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:49 am

A currency is representative of full faith and credit in that nation. The currency valuation is a real time check on that full faith and credit. Which is why the very established, highly regulated, multi-trillion dollar global currency markets ascribe such a low valuation to Zimbabwe or Venezuela’s currencies.

Maybe if those currencies were instead traded on a Magic The Gathering online exchange, they could see much, much higher valuations than are warranted.
That's what she said
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:20 am

If NEO can reach these highs, I am really trying to figure out why EOS is still so cheap. Am I missing something? Especially since it has worldwide appeal vs just China.

Now might be the time I dip in to load up on some.
toobs
Art Expert

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:49 am

From what I've read over the last week seems like a pretty solid trend for this crash/dip too happen this time of year... If you look at the last 4 years a similar dip has happened in relation to Chinese new year and Asian markets selling off.

Also take into the consideration of nubnubs like myself in the market, some of which are probably panic selling because its there first big dip, along with all the China and Korea talks of bans can make a perfect storm for the dip we are in.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:16 pm

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.