Currency Wars, USD, YEN, Bitcoin and what it means to you.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:59 pm

I haven't registered my tokens yet either and am in the same boat waiting on official guidance

Here's some nice EOS fluff

https://youtu.be/CfKq-UuxHa4
toobs
Art Expert

Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:11 pm

gonzo303 wrote:
rikkirattoe wrote:
gonzo303 wrote:$100 and a bank account
I think that would be instant but it should tell you during the checkout process
It said by March 27th when I want to send payment instant to someone else. :hanging:
Bank accounts take a week or so, debit cards are instant

63schoeffling wrote:
soam24 wrote:
rikkirattoe wrote:IMO EOS gonna be last year's ETH
My largest bag outside of ETH.

I'm skeptical on it for sure, but it's a platform so it already has a huge leg up on other projects IMO.

Tough to say, but it's still in ICO stage.

Have you registered your tokens yet? June 1st is the cutoff, I'm waiting on official guidance.
As an EOS holder, I don't think so. I would be super happy if it hit $50 by EOY. Although I agree, platforms are the way to go... not sure why I don't hold any NEO yet but probably just bitter I didn't buy any when it was Antshares.
EoS has a ton of potential but my bet is on NEO
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
pvecchi
Art Expert

Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:26 pm

Loved the John Oliver bit on crypto currencies a week or so back. Gold!
hax0n
Art Expert

Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:06 am

rikkirattoe wrote:I haven't registered my tokens yet either and am in the same boat waiting on official guidance

Register your EOS token address now and you can continue to fund it until the lock time (which can be anytime between now and July 2018). Also, I believe once the lock happens all non-registered tokens become immediately invalid so not worth the risk holding unregistered tokens in an offline wallet.

Y'all correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this to be the case.
electrachrome wrote:None of us who are responsible for this website really have any idea how it works
toobs
Art Expert

Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:02 am

Heard binance will do the swap for you if the tokens are on the exchange
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
soam24
Art Freak

Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:21 am

hax0n wrote:
rikkirattoe wrote:I haven't registered my tokens yet either and am in the same boat waiting on official guidance

Register your EOS token address now and you can continue to fund it until the lock time (which can be anytime between now and July 2018). Also, I believe once the lock happens all non-registered tokens become immediately invalid so not worth the risk holding unregistered tokens in an offline wallet.

Y'all correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this to be the case.
Believe you are correct.

I think the issue is, and i may be wrong here, is that EOS didn't come out and say how to do this if you're in the US? I could be wrong there, but I know on the reddit page it's so much back and forth that I'm waiting for official word from either an exchange like stated or the actual team.
toobs
Art Expert

Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:50 pm

toobs wrote:tether :hanging: :hanging: :hanging: did they ever get audited or do they really have billions of dollars laying around?
https://cointelegraph.com/news/controve ... tics-react - lol
applehead
Art Expert

Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:13 pm

Happy I stayed away from Tether.
toobs
Art Expert

Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:29 pm

Dump o'clock is back :roll: shocking not shocking glad i didnt fomo into some positions during the last 4 day uptick
acidburn
Art Daddy

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:06 pm

applehead wrote:Happy I stayed away from Tether.
In what sense?

Great news on ICX today. Anyone else been accumulating?
toobs
Art Expert

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:12 pm

acidburn wrote:
In what sense?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/controve ... tics-react
they kind jus make fudge up as they go with out ever being audited
soam24
Art Freak

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:17 pm

acidburn wrote:
In what sense?

Big into ICX here.. although I say that about every coin I have because I think I'm only holding maybe 5-6 diff. ones in total.

I saw they got listed on the Korean exchange. Anything else that I may have overlooked? Either way, big news for them for sure. A step in the right direction.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:35 pm

toobs wrote:
acidburn wrote:
In what sense?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/controve ... tics-react
they kind jus make fudge up as they go with out ever being audited
Still its not like anyone goes out of their way to invest in Tether and even with all of the talks about auditing, still stays around the $1 mark.

Big into ICX here.. although I say that about every coin I have because I think I'm only holding maybe 5-6 diff. ones in total.

I saw they got listed on the Korean exchange. Anything else that I may have overlooked? Either way, big news for them for sure. A step in the right direction

Not publicly listed yet but Bithumb is one of the top two exchanges in Korea so its great news. I heard that even though its always been dubbed the Korean ETH apparently people in South Korea don't even know too much about it. Will be great exposure. Crossing fingers
soam24
Art Freak

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:47 pm

acidburn wrote:
soam24 wrote:

I saw they got listed on the Korean exchange. Anything else that I may have overlooked? Either way, big news for them for sure. A step in the right direction

Not publicly listed yet but Bithumb is one of the top two exchanges in Korea so its great news. I heard that even though its always been dubbed the Korean ETH apparently people in South Korea don't even know too much about it. Will be great exposure. Crossing fingers

Yeah everything about this is fantastic. Global domination.

And realistically speaking I hope one day ICX will take off in the US, but that part of the world is so different then our everyday things here. I can totally see this project taking off over there and not being able to do anything here. Which in theory is fine as long as it's working there.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:51 pm

Ah an upbit too. Didn't know that until now. Thought just Bithumb. Good stuff