Currency Wars, USD, YEN, Bitcoin and what it means to you.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
tulip1637
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:45 am

i have seen same rumors as you for CB

and you have to imagine ripple is one of the ones to buy cause noobs will love the sticker price

ii have a hard time believing CB will add monero but seems to be rumored everywhere. and any good portfolio should have a privacy coin IMO
soam24
Art Freak

Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:51 am

tulip1637 wrote:i have seen same rumors as you for CB

and you have to imagine ripple is one of the ones to buy cause noobs will love the sticker price

ii have a hard time believing CB will add monero but seems to be rumored everywhere. and any good portfolio should have a privacy coin IMO

Couldn't agree more. The low price on XRP if it makes it's way to CB should be promising. The big thing imo depending on what you personally want, quick gains or long hodls, is knowing when to cash out or when to buy more.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:54 am

I'm just confused as to all the hate as well. Also, it looks like I missed you Casper and sharding comment there at first glance... my bad. That would have changed my response, ha. And anything I have brought up here (in the alt world) I prefaced by saying they are all boom bust. IOTA for instance is either going to be worth zero to the n'th degree or blow up should they actually figure it out. By no means am I, or have I ever told people here to just start throwing money at coins, just offer some help and different alternatives to the major ones you find on CB.

Personally, I want everyone in here to make money and idc if it's through LTC, Dogecoin, BTC or Cumcoin. I love coming here to get some different POVs and share some knowledge. I never said EOS is a bad investment... I honestly think almost everything is a good investment at this stage. It's something I said I could look into more, but wasn't sold yet. There are a lot of other coins, like LTC, that I personally don't see the use for long term but that doesn't make it a bad investment at all.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:57 am

soam24 wrote:
tulip1637 wrote:i have seen same rumors as you for CB

Couldn't agree more. The low price on XRP if it makes it's way to CB should be promising. The big thing imo depending on what you personally want, quick gains or long hodls, is knowing when to cash out or when to buy more.
I think the one takeaway is try to invest as much as possible into whatever gets added to CB ASAP. Getting on CB is like becoming a Made Man, ha.

Thoughts on Factom? I've been on the fence for a while but haven't really heard much talk among folks.
soam24
Art Freak

Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:59 am

I dumped IOTA after the debacle with Microsoft. Them letting that rumor just sit out there that they had a partnership with them... just for what a week later to be like oh we never said that.. but we didn't shut it down either.. Don't trust their team moving forward but have to wait and see what happens.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:02 pm

soam24 wrote:I dumped IOTA after the debacle with Microsoft. Them letting that rumor just sit out there that they had a partnership with them... just for what a week later to be like oh we never said that.. but we didn't shut it down either.. Don't trust their team moving forward but have to wait and see what happens.
That rubbed me the wrong way, although the same stunt OMG pulled with the Apple sticker was a bit strange as well. I guess it’s a fine line with marketing/rumors and the effects it has on public perception and the price. Not sure what the right answer is but going forward you just have to take everything with a grain of salt until it is official.
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:50 pm

soam24 wrote:Competition is healthy.

No need for us to bash anything here as, for the most part, we are all *new* to this. And unlike art where it's very limited and generally speaking things are hush hush on drop tip info etc. We should be doing the exact opposite in a field like this. So let's share information the best we can and not bicker back and forth.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I knew absolutely nothing about EOS when my buddy recommended it. He just said "Hey, it's .50 a coin, throw some into it and register your address." so I did and it's paid off nicely. I wish I just threw in more, but isn't that with everything?

I really think CB is gonna take XRP. And holy hell will it skyrocket if they do.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:03 pm

michaelmillichamp wrote:
soam24 wrote:Competition is healthy.

No need for us to bash anything here as, for the most part, we are all *new* to this. And unlike art where it's very limited and generally speaking things are hush hush on drop tip info etc. We should be doing the exact opposite in a field like this. So let's share information the best we can and not bicker back and forth.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I knew absolutely nothing about EOS when my buddy recommended it. He just said "Hey, it's .50 a coin, throw some into it and register your address." so I did and it's paid off nicely. I wish I just threw in more, but isn't that with everything?

I really think CB is gonna take XRP. And holy hell will it skyrocket if they do.
Just be careful when it comes to the CB rumors. Not saying it won't happen, but people bought up GNT like crazy based on the fact that it was supposedly getting added around the corner. Fast forward 6 months and still nothing. Friendly reminder to not dump in more than you can afford.

I have been dragging my feet on XRP and I will probably wait until it drops a bit to throw some money in. Worth a shot.
canuck
Art Freak

Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:35 am

Crypto currency the future!! :twisted:
soam24
Art Freak

Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:01 am

To bring back 63's situation (hope you don't mind).

How are we storing these smaller coins, obviously not good to leave on exchanges..

Trezor wallet doesn't support them from what I can tell...
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:15 pm

soam24 wrote:To bring back 63's situation (hope you don't mind).

How are we storing these smaller coins, obviously not good to leave on exchanges..

Trezor wallet doesn't support them from what I can tell...
I used Exodus for all my Altcoins. I use Nano S for my BTC. I really like Exodus because you can use the exchange built into it do get other Altcoins.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:46 pm

Afraid I don’t have much input on that. Everything I hold is able to be stored on my Ledger. Oddly enough, IOTA was the only thing that I couldn’t put on there.

Actually I lied.... I think I still have a bit of ZRX on Polo and DNT on Liqui.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:17 pm

Interesting to see how the WSJ continues to discuss the topic more and more. Before it was more of an opinion piece or an article talking about what a joke it is. Though much of it still very cautionary there are many more articles starting to really analyze it and discuss its practicality, application, and what technologies could replace it. Particularly like the speculation on what will be the next Bitcoin. https://www.wsj.com/articles/which-digi ... 1513679400
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:14 pm

ETH, LTC and EOS going crazy!
applehead
Art Expert

Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:22 pm

We saw the Thanksgiving spike, as we did in 2016. Expecting the same for Christmas and NYE. Going out on a long limb here, but I think we'll see it hit 24k, possibly 32k by 1/1-2. Time will tell. People will always have that feeling of, "awe man, I wish I had gotten in earlier". Well, once one bitcoin hits 1 million USD, they'll hopefully have learned by then that theres only one direction for a store of value which has a quantity limit, meanwhile out govt prints $20 Billion/month (conservative view)