World of Whiskey

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
HairyHood
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:42 pm

Danno1 wrote:Recommended by an elderly african american lady on my route. Only thing her father would drink, so only thing she will drink. Good enough recommendation for me.

I'm a sucker for OGD. I actually like a lot of old stand-by bourbons/ryes like Early Times, Ancient Age, OGD, Four Roses, etc.

I am also poor.
thescofieldkid
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:50 pm

HappaHaoli wrote:Yeah, I went a bit ham this fall. I came back from Italy/Dublin and was determined to build out a solid liquor and wine collection so bought a proper cabinet , etc and started filling them.
Congrats Haoli, strong start! Drank through a bottle of Weller 12 and KY Owl Rye over the holidays. So good! :drool:
Collect them all. Before you Die®
jjbehren
Flipper

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:32 pm

jjbehren wrote:I need to pull a pic together of everything I scored in 2017. To say I had a good bourbon year (in terms of the chase/hype stuff) is an understatement. I didn't get into bourbon/whiskey really until fall of 2016 and was bitter I missed out on pretty much everything that year. I worked my ass off building relationships with liquor store guys and entering raffles across the Twin Cities and it paid off. It doesn't hurt that I now "work from home," so I have more time to devote to stupid fudge like bourbon.
Family portrait:

And now I'm thirsty. I left a splash of Micther's 10 in a glass last night on accident. I couldn't let it go t waste, so I had no choice but to drink it this morning. So now I guess I drink during the day.
Danno1
Art Expert

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:02 pm

Nice stash!

Local in cincy is trying to get me into scotch, not wanting to as of yet. Still have a lot of bourbons and Irish Whiskeys to get too before I venture much further. He was very honest though and pointed out several scotches to absolutely avoid and several worth a try. In his own store to boot, so that was kind of cool.
stay thirsty my friends
Danno1
Art Expert

Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:21 pm

Everybody quit drinking? My Makers Mark Ambassador Barrel will be ready April 1st. Need to RSVP a behind the scenes tour and bottle pick up with them.

If I'm gonna jump into the world of scotch might as well go top dollar. Seriously I have never had a drop of scotch, ever. Kind of unbelievable to me after really getting back into spirits the last few years.

stay thirsty my friends
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:28 pm

If you are looking for something rare... big auction coming up... Have a few bottles I've had for years with offers close to $1k a bottle I am interested to see where they are in another 10yrs.

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/24765/ ... r_asc&m0=0
thescofieldkid
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:16 pm

Danno1 wrote:Everybody quit drinking? My Makers Mark Ambassador Barrel will be ready April 1st. Need to RSVP a behind the scenes tour and bottle pick up with them.
Awesome, have fun Danno! How long have you been waiting on the barrel? When I went in Sept, we didn't make it out to Maker's despite having reservations. Was looking forward to seeing the Chihuly installment too.
Danno1
Art Expert

Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:26 pm

thescofieldkid wrote:
Danno1 wrote:Everybody quit drinking? My Makers Mark Ambassador Barrel will be ready April 1st. Need to RSVP a behind the scenes tour and bottle pick up with them.
Awesome, have fun Danno! How long have you been waiting on the barrel? When I went in Sept, we didn't make it out to Maker's despite having reservations. Was looking forward to seeing the Chihuly installment too.
It was barreled June 1st, 2011.
stay thirsty my friends
thescofieldkid
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:31 pm

I do love a wheat mash bill! Makers a bit too smooth for me honestly. Haven't picked up a bottle up in yrs, but have been meaning to try their BP offering.

My go to liquor store was supposed to secure a barrel of Weller BP, but doesn't look like it's going to happen until later in the year.

Recently killed off my Parker's Heritage Wheat (#8). Easily my fav wheat to date (including W.L. Weller Antique.)

Let us know how it goes!
padelimike
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:51 am

thescofieldkid wrote:been meaning to try their BP offering.
SO good
Danno1
Art Expert

Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:04 am

Taking the Remus Repeal to a military reunion. $72, it better be worth it.

stay thirsty my friends
jjbehren
Flipper

Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:33 pm

Let me know how you like that Remus Repeal Reserve. My wife was just gifted a bottle. She was thinking about keeping it at her office, but if it's really good I'll encourage her to bring it home.
fredo
Art God

Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:16 pm

Shrewd move keeping the 101 for yourself!
just a foil for me today, thanks
Danno1
Art Expert

Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:17 am

I always take something that isn't widely available across the USA. We can get the 101 at the liquor store right next to the hotel. Took Bulleit Barrel Strength to the last one and it was a big hit.
stay thirsty my friends
jjbehren
Flipper

Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:33 pm

I had a sample of the Bulleit Barrel Strength the other day. That stuff surprised me. Very heavy cherry smell and cinnamon flavor.