Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
finneganm
Art Freak

Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:58 pm

Tldr
That's what she said
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:00 pm

I knew that was coming! :lol: :heart:
So it goes...
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:02 pm

Learn to be less passive and you'll avoid a ton of dat fudge. However, TGT.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:02 pm

Clothing companies that sell pants as either short, medium or long, or only sell in even number inseams.
I'm not someone else.
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:40 am

So my daughter is almost 4. Among other things, she goes to a couple of dance classes for about a year now. A few minutes ago my wife tells me that we need to get some special whatever the drymount shoes for the “performance” next week. And they have to be pink, which turns out are not as easy to find. I probably dropped the ball on this because I have taken her to every single class until a couple of weeks ago due to work, so I must have been told about it a while back. The peeve is what the drymount are they talking about? They are a bunch 3-4 year olds having fun, who the drymount cares what colour shoes are going to be at the “performance”.

In the other dance class, there is also going to be a “performance” and the dress and shoes are provided (was part of the payment, so we bought it when we signed up). But now they are saying we need to put make up on a drymounting 3-year old.

Is it for a bunch of kids having fun or for a bunch of drymounting moms/dads to entertain themselves? Why in the drymount would there be some “performance” in the first place?

Yes, it pissed me off quite a bit.
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:39 am

bubbie wrote:So my daughter is almost 4. Among other things, she goes to a couple of dance classes for about a year now. A few minutes ago my wife tells me that we need to get some special whatever the drymount shoes for the “performance” next week. And they have to be pink, which turns out are not as easy to find. I probably dropped the ball on this because I have taken her to every single class until a couple of weeks ago due to work, so I must have been told about it a while back. The peeve is what the drymount are they talking about? They are a bunch 3-4 year olds having fun, who the drymount cares what colour shoes are going to be at the “performance”.

In the other dance class, there is also going to be a “performance” and the dress and shoes are provided (was part of the payment, so we bought it when we signed up). But now they are saying we need to put make up on a drymounting 3-year old.

Is it for a bunch of kids having fun or for a bunch of drymounting moms/dads to entertain themselves? Why in the drymount would there be some “performance” in the first place?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
sixstringer
Art Expert

Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:40 am

rubberneck wrote:
bubbie wrote:So my daughter is almost 4. Among other things, she goes to a couple of dance classes for about a year now. A few minutes ago my wife tells me that we need to get some special whatever the drymount shoes for the “performance” next week. And they have to be pink, which turns out are not as easy to find. I probably dropped the ball on this because I have taken her to every single class until a couple of weeks ago due to work, so I must have been told about it a while back. The peeve is what the drymount are they talking about? They are a bunch 3-4 year olds having fun, who the drymount cares what colour shoes are going to be at the “performance”.

Haha! My daughter is 10 and I drop a couple bills a mo. for Jazz/Tap classes and now it's end of the year recital time and I've got to pony up $180 for 2 recital costumes that she'll wear for about 4min. Not to mention I have to buy tickets for the whole family to attend @ $25 a pop. fudge's a goddamn racket. Oh, and here's a pro tip...don't even think about gymnastics. It's the biggest racket around. When my daughter was like 5-6 she could do a somersault and barely a sad cartwheel and they told us "she showed real promise" and invited her to join "the team." She would've had to commit to 4 nights a week and many weekends with a total cost of somewhere between $800-$1200/mo. Between the expense and seeing 12-14 year olds running around the facility with giant knee braces etc we got the fudge outta that place in a hurry. We did find a gym that she can roll around in once a week and that's like a hundo every six weeks which isn't bad.
:lol:
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:51 am

Makeup on a 3 year old? GTFO of there.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
peacedog
Art Expert

Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:11 am

earlgreytoast wrote:Makeup on a 3 year old? GTFO of there.
Agreed. Way to overshoot the mark. What happened to paper masks and simple stuff for kids to make and wear?
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:12 am

If a child has a passion for dance, such as tap or ballet, that should be encouraged. That goes without sayin'. But, if it's a matter of getting the child out for socializing or physical activity, hip-hop dance is the the way to go. JMO.

I guess the Wii didn't catch-on? A once a week rotation with other parents - to, (host at home), a wii/hip-hop dance/social is a much better idea than paying for classes. That's probably much easier said than done, though.

This too ---> Martial arts classes > dance classes, IMO.

I never understood the baby beauty-putting make-up on a child thing. I abhor the very idea of it.
nomdeguerre
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:22 am

IWish wrote:If a child has a passion for dance, such as tap or ballet, that should be encouraged. That goes without sayin'. But, if it's a matter of getting the child out for socializing or physical activity, hip-hop dance is the the way to go. JMO.

I guess the Wii didn't catch-on? A once a week rotation with other parents - to, (host at home), a wii/hip-hop dance/social is a much better idea than paying for classes. That's probably much easier said than done, though.

This too ---> Martial arts classes > dance classes, IMO.

I never understood the baby beauty-putting make-up on a child thing. I abhor the very idea of it.
Hip hop dancing for three year olds :thumbdown:

I don’t want to see my kids dropping it like it’s hot. JMO

Vulgar
*hand censored by the magical m'faith
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:30 am

I forgot that the child was so young, my bad. Personally, I wouldn't put a child that young in any dance class. That's just me.

C'mon...there is a lot of hip-hop that is appropriate for children. I'm, pretty sure, you realize that and your insinuation that I'd recommend something vulgar for children is ridiculous. Get real.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:34 am

the wii is one of the highest selling selling video game consoles of all time.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:37 am

sixstringer wrote:Haha! My daughter is 10 and I drop a couple bills a mo. for Jazz/Tap classes and now it's end of the year recital time and I've got to pony up $180 for 2 recital costumes that she'll wear for about 4min. Not to mention I have to buy tickets for the whole family to attend @ $25 a pop. fudge's a goddamn racket. Oh, and here's a pro tip...don't even think about gymnastics. It's the biggest racket around. When my daughter was like 5-6 she could do a somersault and barely a sad cartwheel and they told us "she showed real promise" and invited her to join "the team." She would've had to commit to 4 nights a week and many weekends with a total cost of somewhere between $800-$1200/mo. Between the expense and seeing 12-14 year olds running around the facility with giant knee braces etc we got the fudge outta that place in a hurry. We did find a gym that she can roll around in once a week and that's like a hundo every six weeks which isn't bad.
:lol:
If I was not living in the boonies, I would think we are taking them to the same place :lol: We paid for the dresses a bit less than $180, but we had to pay upfront in the beginning of the "season". In fact we already received one of the two "custom made" pieces of garbage.

I almost spit my tea out when they told me that we have to pay $20 per person in order to attend the recital. Kids can go for $10. The way the whole thing is set up, it actually feels like they are doing us a favour because we do not have not to pay for our 7 months old to get in.

She is in the gymnastics :lol:
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:41 am

earlgreytoast wrote:Makeup on a 3 year old? GTFO of there.
They said not to worry though. They are going to bring in a make-up artist and for whatever amount of dollars, she will use all natural and organic make-up stuff :lol:

Sometimes it feels like listening to the Fox's Tucker guy when talking to them.