Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:25 pm

ah, makes a bit more sense.

one of these years ill hit chitown for black friday. would be fun. had a friend that did binnys and walked away with a good haul. 180th or something in line. i just dont look forward to spending overnight in line.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
ipath2003
Art Expert

Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:33 pm

kcn0 wrote:It was the haul, minus a couple of bottles, for me and 3 friends... no mules. We are each about $500 deep on the day.

Have an extra Reserve (Knob) or two, is someone wants to make a trade. No extras of anything else.

Edit: we also picked up a small allotment for a couple other people.

Very nice! Congrats. So I have to let you know I barowed your photo to post on Facebook as a joke And people are messaging me and going bananas. Hahaha
zefarrett
Art Freak

Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:39 pm

Just found a place with some still and scored 2 coffee, a north, and a barley. Letting 4 of my 8 regulars go to my cousin. And now I’m done.

BRING ON CBS
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:43 pm

zefarrett wrote:
BRING ON CBS
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
jjbehren
Flipper

Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:03 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:
zefarrett wrote:
BRING ON CBS
I'm expecting to be disappointed by CBS. I think that's probably based on the format and pricing. There's no reason they can't do 12 ounce bottles like all of the other Barrel-Aged Series beers. Cashing in on the hype.

In honor of the day I cracked open a neck-label-less 2015 BCBS. It is awful.
relentlesskevin
Art Expert

Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:23 pm

Picked up 6 bourbon county brand stouts and 3 barleywines today.
zefarrett
Art Freak

Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:08 pm

jjbehren wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:
zefarrett wrote:
BRING ON CBS
I'm expecting to be disappointed by CBS. I think that's probably based on the format and pricing. There's no reason they can't do 12 ounce bottles like all of the other Barrel-Aged Series beers. Cashing in on the hype.

In honor of the day I cracked open a neck-label-less 2015 BCBS. It is awful.
haha. I have a handful of infected 2015 I just need to suck up and drain pour but can't bring myself to do it. Im so weak.
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
sonicboom
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:07 pm

Picked up a couple regs at Jewel at 7 then headed to Binnys, and only wound up with reg and a coffee.

Then my buddy who was supposed to get hooked up with a prop and coffee and pass it along to me, only wound up with the coffee.

Was really hoping to get a reserve and prop, but oh well. I'm not willing to stand in line for several hours. I bet if I did better recon before hand I might have been able to do better at some mom and pop places.

I did get some imperial and double maple bean spirit on Wednesday, and a nice handful of other stouts in recent weeks.

Currently enjoying this from last year. Pretty damn good.

sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:08 pm

I failed this year and +0. seems like we had less than in years past.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:53 pm

Dafuq. Not even regular? What time did ya go out?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
ChrisV
Art Expert

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:18 am

Codeblue wrote:Dafuq. Not even regular? What time did ya go out?
I had to work 8-5 yesterday. Got out and called around. Everyone said they were gone as soon as the store opened. Said they didn't get nearly as much as in the past. Luckily my friend who lives down in CT snagged me some. Timing is perfect because I'm going down there today. He got me two bottles of the reg.
natepachl
Art Expert

Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:48 am

2 barley, 2 coffee, 3 Northwoods, and 10 regs......no reserves for me. Managed 6 Abraxas and some coffee on tap too.

Cracked the Northwoods last night,was a little sweet....good flavor, blueberry is very faint.

Looking forward to chasing CBS.
I wouldn't deal with JakeStanley / eBay user fratdaddyjake
relentlesskevin
Art Expert

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:22 am

A few grocery stores around here got 1-2 cases of BCBS and 2-4 case of the barlrywine. One store announced it but had a one bottle limit. Another store put it out Wednesday cause they don't know anything about beer, another grocery store had it buried, and I got to open the case myself so I bought 5. The beer distributors had lots of it with other speciality releases, 3-4 year verticals, KBS, black note, etc, with limits... But my guess is there were 100 people in line... Not my idea of fun.
jjbehren
Flipper

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:53 am

relentlesskevin wrote:The beer distributors had lots of it with other speciality releases, 3-4 year verticals, KBS, black note, etc, with limits... But my guess is there were 100 people in line... Not my idea of fun.
Wait, distributors? The distributors can sell directly to the customer? Where do you live? Liquor laws are so weird.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:21 am

Codeblue wrote:Dafuq. Not even regular? What time did ya go out?
yeah, just didn't work out. Two of my favorite liquor stores don't even carry AB, so that was a no go from the beginning. The other store that I had great success in the past decided to do things differently, and had long ass lines a 7am. Two of the other stores posted Instagram pics showing 100+ people. drymount all that noise.

If anyone has an extra reg, I wouldn't mind one. :pint:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.