Phlegm

Artist related topics. Inflammatory posts may be purged.
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:17 am

He needs a "soph" to insulate him from the business side of things so he can focus on the art. I give him credit for taking the high road and not making it all about cashing in.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
Stingers
Art Expert

Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:29 am

Yeah , he instantly gets my seal approval , which i'm sure he'd be thrilled about :lol:
mattlew69
Art Expert

Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:41 am

who wouldn't want to make a great living with their talents? Isn't that what life is about?

I'm not saying you have to make the "big" money so much, but to be able to feed and clothe your family, with what skills you have, especially in the art field, is amazing to me. To have so many people love what your brain farts out and puts on paper, is very cool.

Phlegm has some serious talent and i love his story telling ability with his art. His art takes people to another world. It kinda reminds me of Dr Seuss, but way more intense!

Keep posting more of his street graffiti stuff, i love it! :clap:

If he releases anymore prints, i want to be first in line!
fnord
Art Expert

Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:45 am

Here are some small pieces he just posted pictures of from London

I'm sure he'll keep putting out new prints and books. He really does seem to avoid as much of the business/hype side of the art world as he can and still make it.
After an Arrested Motion post about him earlier in the year he'd actually disabled his email for a couple months before creating another address.

That being said, he also seems addicting to making things, especially comics. I'm really looking forward to his next one, most of the murals he's done the past year have all been part of what will go into the next edition, ie. each wall will be a page, though I'm not sure how he will be doing it.
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
fnord
Art Expert

Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:31 am

E
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:37 am

Stunning and MASSIVE.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
fnord
Art Expert

Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:39 pm

In case anyone is looking for a Comic #10 there's one up on the bay now: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Phlegm-Comic- ... 500wt_1183

E
treweman
Art Expert

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:28 am

The seller will not ship outside the UK. Seems a little odd given the size and weight of the comic, but so be it. RupertPupkin and jonkino both have my back. I will own this Phlegm!

... update ... Comic 10 will soon be on the way across the pond.
fnord
Art Expert

Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:21 pm

From his mailing list.
Hello mailing list.

I really hoped to get something new done before this year passed. Sadly my next book is only half printed, and the screen print I've been working on has become an epic miniaturised triptych, which is proving to be very difficult to get drawn. So nothing for Christmas I'm afraid. Save your pocket money and I'll get them done in the new year. I've worked myself to the bone so they should be well worth the wait.

On a positive note. I've cleared out my print room and found twenty or so ABC zines that I managed to cut badly. Not much wrong with them apart from a couple of crooked pages. I've also found twenty issue 8 and twenty issue 9. I'll be putting these in my shop along with some bundles of alphabet scraps Friday evening (December 2nd.)

Thanks a lot for the support.

Have fun.

phlegm x

x phlegm x

E
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:06 pm

A few weeks ago I was reading some of the older posts on his site and several pages deep I noticed he still had a active PayPal link to buy comic #9 so I gave it a go and sure enough my payment went through. I shot him an e-mail to let him know what was up since it was tied to his old e-mail and sure enough he didn't even realize that button was still there. Luckily he was able to hook me up with copies of comics 8 and 9 but #10 continues to elude me.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
Lomier66
Art Expert

Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:56 pm

Few bits up in the store now! Grabbed one of each. Nice! :D
HAND DRAWN 1/1 OG's COMING SOON http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/
treweman
Art Expert

Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:01 pm

I grabbed a Comic # 8 and # 9. Damn these things are inexpensive.
saL
Art Expert

Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:17 pm

Lomier66 wrote:Grabbed one of each. Nice! :D
me too!.. this thing alone is worth all the money I think:

murdock
Art Expert

Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:42 pm

It surely is!
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
Lomier66
Art Expert

Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:51 pm

£17.50 all in including postage! What a quality little haul for a Friday.

Thanks to Treweman too, as I'd probably still be oblivious to Phlegm if I'd not helped him with a Phlegm EBay purchase over here :D
HAND DRAWN 1/1 OG's COMING SOON http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/