The Dark Knight Rises 12 Moss

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
johndv
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:26 pm

Took the plunge. I think it's actually a pretty sweet piece. Iconic. Plus they always look even better in person...

Wish Mondo would do more releases like this, hell, ALL of em. I love great prints and I couldn't really care less about how limited edition they are. Especially if that means I get a real chance at buying one for the original price!
tranito
Art Expert

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:52 pm

johndv wrote:Wish Mondo would do more releases like this, hell, ALL of em. I love great prints and I couldn't really care less about how limited edition they are. Especially if that means I get a real chance at buying one for the original price!
EB is a place to share opinions of all sort, but that particular one above is a forbidden one. It's like it doesn't even exist. I scratch my head every time I read this.
It's like going on a veggie forum for the special once a year ''Let's get together and eat some meat'' and say it would be interesting to do this every day/all year.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
collinesque
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:05 am

I feel bad for the people who already bought this on eBay.
You ain't a beauty but hey you're all right.
TNspreadhead
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:09 am

only one hour left....pass
tailsandfeathers
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:24 am

imma cheap prick....$14 to ship...no thanks
RiotAct
EB Team

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:14 am

tailsandfeathers wrote:imma cheap prick....$14 to ship...no thanks
they made a tidy little profit on this one from the shipping alone. Is there anywhere in the U.S. where a smallish tube like that would cost $14 to ship? Or will they be sending these out in the same tubes the 24x36s come in?
TNspreadhead
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:18 am

Edition of 9,350...sounds like some bullshit. Find it hard to believe a true timed edition ended in a 50. They must have rounded so he didn't have to number them all strange. Either way, olly made his paycheck for the year
thisisjosh
Art Expert

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:29 am

Obviously they rounded off, probably with personal copies.
timc
Art Expert

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:43 am

TNspreadhead wrote:only one hour left....pass
I passed too!
Everything woke turns to fudge.
America First.
https://lowfshop.com/
ircollins
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:47 am

Not my favorite looking print, but how can you pass the chance for that golden ticket?! I'm glad they did the timed release though on not the best looking print. I love how they're limited, it's what makes it a collectible and why we sell and trade them with each other. Doing every print as a timed release would be like everyone getting the very best holographic Pokemon cards when I was a kid :P spoils the fun of it all! Even if that means I don't get every print I want or have to shell out some extra cash for a print I really really want.
Image Image
dinkydoggy
Art Expert

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:40 am

tranito wrote:
johndv wrote:Wish Mondo would do more releases like this, hell, ALL of em. I love great prints and I couldn't really care less about how limited edition they are. Especially if that means I get a real chance at buying one for the original price!
EB is a place to share opinions of all sort, but that particular one above is a forbidden one. It's like it doesn't even exist. I scratch my head every time I read this.
It's like going on a veggie forum for the special once a year ''Let's get together and eat some meat'' and say it would be interesting to do this every day/all year.
The TRANITO speaks the truth! JOHNDV, thems crazy talks! :crazy:
clandestinex
Art Expert

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:53 am

From a collecting perspective, no timed edition is good. From a fan perspective, edition size really doesn't matter, especially if you like the image. Having said that, a lot of limIted edition prints are like a gamble; will it be worth a lot after it sells out? Can I make some money after all is said and done? What can I trade this for? That's where the fun is!
On every street in every city, there's a nobody who dreams of being a somebody.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:20 am

I was going to pass since this would not make my walls but I did want to enter the lottery, so I called my little nephew to see if he'd want it. Duder can't form words yet but once I mentioned Batman his nonsense got much louder and faster, so I took that as a thumbs up and snagged him one.
burndisneyland
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:17 am

I really don't understand the desire for something to simply be limited other then elitism - look what I've got and you haven't. I think timed editions are a great way to go - you still have to pay attention and grab a piece when it's available, but less of the inevitable bitching and "how can we make Mondo drops better?" style threads.

This image doesn't do anything for me, so I didn't buy a copy, but I applaud Mondo for trying a timed release.
RupertPupkin wrote: Be careful of EB, it can be very addictive and financially disastrous!
anocur
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:20 am

thisisjosh wrote:Obviously they rounded off, probably with personal copies.
And for damaged replacements.
appletree wrote:People hang this stuff up? I thought it was supposed to go under my bed, gain value, and then make me some phat money? limited paper mayne