The Dark Knight Rises 12 Moss

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
retter
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:41 pm

fingers crossed on a Golden Ticket. been wanting a classy movie poster for Tommy Boy.
guerilladubber
Art Expert

Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:25 pm

retter wrote:fingers crossed on a Golden Ticket. been wanting a classy movie poster for Tommy Boy.
HA!
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
tranito
Art Expert

Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:42 pm

middayshadows wrote:
Lomier66 wrote:Could be a coincidence but it's the exact same idea as used on the midnight IMAX screening print.

Just to follow up on this a bit...

I spoke with Olly a few times at SDCC this past weekend (very cool). First time we spoke, he had just seen this WB image, and was a little bummed about it, the fact that the concept overlapped with his. I don't think he thought they took his idea necessarily (I don't mean to speak for him, perhaps I'm wrong there), but obviously he was excited to debut his new work in a couple of days, and this WB poster used a similar concept. Olly designed this DKR poster several months ago , by the way.

IMO, the end result is different both in execution, obviously, and in concept as well. Placing the Bat over Bane's eyes doesn't work for me as well as with Olly's, over Batman's eyes. Changes the context entirely.
With Olly, too many people get stuck with the form of his art. They see ''something clever'', they see something minimalistic. They can't get pass that.
I think many overlook the quality of his execution. It is second to none and the reason for his success. He's not the only one putting ideas like this on paper or being minimalistic. Others do that and will continue to do it too. What he does is to execute them ala Olly. That to me should be seen as is trademark. He's instantly recognizable and make other designs that uses similar ideas often feel awkward. The recent heat towards him feels absolutely unfair.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
cberk533
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:07 am

Lol i just looked at the people buying the timed release on ebay for $$$. That is just crazy. I just got one from mondo and can't wait to get it. I cant wait to hear the odds on getting that golden ticket and I hope I get a tour like in Willy Wonka (just kidding but it would be sick to get a tour while they were printing the poster for you choice from moss).
genericuser
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:24 am

tranito wrote: With Olly, too many people get stuck with the form of his art. They see ''something clever'', they see something minimalistic. They can't get pass that.
I think many overlook the quality of his execution. It is second to none and the reason for his success. He's not the only one putting ideas like this on paper or being minimalistic. Others do that and will continue to do it too. What he does is to execute them ala Olly. That to me should be seen as is trademark. He's instantly recognizable and make other designs that uses similar ideas often feel awkward. The recent heat towards him feels absolutely unfair.
:clap:
WowBobwoW
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:41 am

Just purchased mine. I can't see what people are up in arms about. It's a timed release, it gives more people a chance to own a great looking piece of art. The image is strong enough to justify paying the money for, even if it doesn't increase in value a single cent, it's still worth what you paid for it. Just my opinion.
bisondice
Art Expert

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:49 am

I love most of Ollys work but c'mon this is a cash grab, simple economics. the more you sell the more u make! hopefully Olly gets more than Mondo
ErocAfellar wrote:Once you start buying art for the image and not the perceived value, it becomes more fun and less stressful.
jester
Art Expert

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:57 am

I wonder how this Golden Ticket poster will work out exactly. If someone asks him to do a movie poster, is there a chance he cant do it because he might not have permission. Or is he allowed to make a poster of whatever idea comes to mind.

Golden ticket sounds cool, good luck guys.
ISO: Any Spusta original sketches, original inkings, or concept drawings. Please PM me to discuss...
GentleTrouble
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:12 am

Surprised I haven't seen the golden ticket show up on ebay yet.
agzaker
Art Expert

Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:42 am

Im not buying this...
smetenn
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:14 am

I want to pass and I was going to, but the 1 in probably 4500 chance of a golden ticket has me buying this. The golden ticket alone would sale for 10,000 or more on ebay haha.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:15 am

+1. Excited for this. And the movie.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
SirPinguin
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:39 am

I love Olly's stuff and grabbed one. Maybe there will be something golden in the tube -who knows ;)
Super_Dank_Nugz
Art Expert

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:58 am

LOL someone really paid $923 for the variant?
Nemesis01
Art Expert

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:09 am

While I feel like this is definately not Olly's best work...and it almost seems like they told him to go easy on this one and not to make too good or something lol...I still think its nice enough to buy for $40

I agree the nose is a bit big though....not sure what the deal is on that