The Dark Knight Rises 12 Moss

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:04 pm

philipanderson wrote:
burndisneyland wrote:I really don't understand the desire for something to simply be limited other then elitism - look what I've got and you haven't. I think timed editions are a great way to go - you still have to pay attention and grab a piece when it's available, but less of the inevitable bitching and "how can we make Mondo drops better?" style threads.

This image doesn't do anything for me, so I didn't buy a copy, but I applaud Mondo for trying a timed release.
I don't want things in my home that were:

a) easy to get
b) you could easily see in anyone else's home

It's a bit like if I buy a cool T-shirt then I see some fat chump walking down the street wearing it. In the bin it goes...

It may be elitism and probably doesn't reflect well on my personal values but I'm not going to lie about it - that's how I feel.

That being said, I don't feel *entitled* to them, as some of the Mondo moaners' comments regularly seem to suggest. If they're difficult to get then I have to expect to pay a lot of money and realise that I can't have them all.

That's kind of the spirit of collecting to me. There's just something exciting about getting your hands on something that you know fudge loads of other people haven't got.
Agreed. I also do not want to see cool posters that I have spent years collecting on randos walls (although I have not had that happen yet. In fact, not a single one of my friends are fellow collectors for that matter).

Also, I agree that there is an excitement factor when it is limited and difficult to get. I am excited for this print because it is my first Moss but it is less exciting then when I got Stout's SW set because I knew I could get it no matter what.

That being said, for people who just love the art, I think it is great. If Mondo does it once (or twice a year), all the better. I don't think we have to worry as of yet with this hobby going mainstream like basketball card / comic book collecting.

Finally, I recommend for the art lovers smaller open editions since there is some truly great artwork out there that is not run through Mondo. Some of my favorite and highest quality pieces are smaller than 18x24 and are open editions. Just don't expect them to ever be worth anywhere near what Mondo pieces are.
finalfilppula
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:27 pm

Really glad I managed to nab a variant today. Welcome to the club, Filppula! :P
isunktheship
Art Expert

Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:13 am

Got back home today, that's weird.. poster tube on my doorstop, but.. I'm not expecting anything.. bought an eBay flip last night, doubt it's here yet (as I haven't paid for it), got the Jock Variant poster (4-6 week shipping).. this tube is much too small!.. and then that MASSIVE ed. of like 9300 for Olly's DK that I just ordered last week, highly doubt they got their act together.

Hmm..

:shock:

Perhaps.. they send out the gold ticket in the first batch.

Ran upstairs, ripped the tape off the end of the tube, prepped space to lay it out with some holders. Looked in the tube.. a slip of paper?! That has to be the receipt.

It is. Okay stop freaking out and unroll this baby. :drool:

Unroll unroll unroll...

:?

NOOOTHINGGGG, but the poster is beautiful. Little harder to see Batman's mouth, but it's crisp and clean, LOVE IT

Creation88 wrote:no top tier artists: no stout, no moss, no taylor, no horkey, no ansin
madmax405
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:37 pm

Got it today... no ticket. Oh well.

Hey can someone confirm or deny it who has received... I had understood these to be both S & N, however while mine has a registration 70x/9xxx, no Moss sig on it... :?
Current Top ISOs: Wood There 2012!! // Moss Star Wars // Moss Totoro (Few other Esao and Wood prints...
thisisjosh
Art Expert

Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:52 pm

I don't think the regs were to be signed, just numbered.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:07 pm

madmax405 wrote:Got it today... no ticket. Oh well.

Hey can someone confirm or deny it who has received... I had understood these to be both S & N, however while mine has a registration 70x/9xxx, no Moss sig on it... :?
The timed edition were numbered, not signed.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:11 pm

If Mondo sent 9300 posters to Olly to sign and then back again, we'd be seeing them in time for the next Batman movie. :P
RiotAct
EB Team

Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:48 pm

madmax405 wrote:Got it today... no ticket. Oh well.

9xxx?!?! What could those other 3 digits be???
legit3
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:46 am

The print quality seems really bad, It doesn't really able to show the mouth clearly.
I saw some pictures of variant one, I could see the mouth of batman on the poster.

The pictures from this sale:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Olly-Moss-The-D ... _500wt_950
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:26 am

I bet the golden ticket makes the poster taste terrible :cry: -1 ticket
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
automator
Nobody

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:09 am

New image The Dark Knight Rises 12 Moss - Detail

automator
Nobody

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:09 am

New image The Dark Knight Rises 12 Moss - Detail

ottomatik71
Art Expert

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:23 am

Why are folks bitchin' about not seeing the mouth?
Do you really need to see his lips to tell that it's batman?
omyweenis
Art Expert

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:52 am

ottomatik71 wrote:Why are folks bitchin' about not seeing the mouth?
Do you really need to see his lips to tell that it's batman?
I'm bitching about looking at something half assed or incomplete. For the amount of money I payed also,in comparison to the people who got variants. I didn't care not having it signed, different color, different size, whatever. But an incomplete version. You have to get within a foot of the thing to see barely. Everyone got ripped off IMO.
vtswordfish
Art Expert

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:58 am

Ooof.

That timed edition looks pretty rough, the lettering looks really muddied up.