Princess Mononoke 12 Moss

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
DarkPassnger
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:54 am

bisondice wrote:I just don't get it, as much as I'd like to impress 17 year old asian girls, it's just not my vagina demographic :roll:
If that's your motive for buying these posters then you're wasting your money lol.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate." - The Zapper
woodyland
Art Expert

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:22 pm

They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir
maden
Art Expert

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:31 pm

bisondice wrote:I just don't get it, as much as I'd like to impress 17 year old asian girls, it's just not my vagina demographic :roll:
Yeah. 17 is way too old.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

Gryph
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:32 pm

Man I want these prints... I've got, uh people, to impress...

mr_rugby wrote: You are not allowed to to type on this forum Gryph, just GIFs.
OAFY
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:27 pm

Hi everyone I am still super pumped about getting an AP of the regular Mononoke, but was super curious what is up with the fade on the top of tree branches? It makes it look like there was a printing error or the screen did not leave enough ink when screened. I have seen this on other versions of this print and hear it is common on the Adventure Time print. Just curious if print was meant to look like that?
Image Image
JJM
Art Enthusiast

Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:54 pm

OAFY wrote:Hi everyone I am still super pumped about getting an AP of the regular Mononoke, but was super curious what is up with the fade on the top of tree branches? It makes it look like there was a printing error or the screen did not leave enough ink when screened. I have seen this on other versions of this print and hear it is common on the Adventure Time print. Just curious if print was meant to look like that?
I have the AP and it looks exactly the same.
HopeThatUChoke
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:59 pm

Am I the only one who hasn't received their print yet?

EDIT: Speak of the devil. It arrived today.
Last edited by HopeThatUChoke on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrustaR
Art Expert

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:06 pm

OAFY wrote:Hi everyone I am still super pumped about getting an AP of the regular Mononoke, but was super curious what is up with the fade on the top of tree branches? It makes it look like there was a printing error or the screen did not leave enough ink when screened. I have seen this on other versions of this print and hear it is common on the Adventure Time print. Just curious if print was meant to look like that?
Not a printing error - it's the infamous dissolve filter. ;) Many of the Mondo artists have been using it like crazy lately.
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:27 pm

CrustaR wrote:
Not a printing error - it's the infamous dissolve filter. ;) Many of the Mondo artists have been using it like crazy lately.
This.

Plus, it's on the jpeg.

bethemonkey
Art Expert

Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:40 pm

Got mine today. Perfect. Olly signed in green crayon for some reason.
I'm in Canada and it costs more to ship everywhere, so get over it.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:44 pm

Owners, how does the variant look in person? I will potentially be in the market before too long and want to get a sense of whether people prefer the variant or the reg
tranito
Art Expert

Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:47 pm

Are you interested in the Japanese lettering?
Do you have a Totoro (which version) you'd want to display side by side with it?
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:50 pm

tranito wrote:Are you interested in the Japanese lettering?
Do you have a Totoro (which version) you'd want to display side by side with it?
I have no preference regarding lettering and no, I do not own and have no interest at this time in owning Totoro (although it is pretty)
tranito
Art Expert

Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Those were good enough reasons to justify a need for the variant, but I'm not sure the colorway is one of them.
If you had a strong preference for the red/purple/pink of the variant over the green/blue of the regular, you'd already know it from the jpeg and online pics.
I take it your partial to both colorways? Then the regular shouldn't disappoint.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
automator
Nobody

Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:39 am

New image Princess Mononoke 12 Moss - Variant Detail