Avengers 12 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:33 pm

celloman85 wrote:Why is the reg fetching for more money than the variant? I dont think I've ever seen that happen.
Several reg Stouts go for more than their variant, but if you mean The Avengers specifically, I'm not too surprised. I find the variant a little boring. Parted with mine some time ago. The colors on the reg are great.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:34 pm

Several go for more than regular? I think you're wrong but that's ok.
Same fudge, different drop.
RidgeRat
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:35 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:
celloman85 wrote:Why is the reg fetching for more money than the variant? I dont think I've ever seen that happen.
Several reg Stouts go for more than their variant, but if you mean The Avengers specifically, I'm not too surprised. I find the variant a little boring. Parted with mine some time ago. The colors on the reg are great.
Also...If you're going to have a poster of The Avengers, The Incredible Hulk should at least be green. :wink:
"Faced with crisis, the man of character falls back upon himself."
ISO of JLU's

bulkhead72
Art Expert

Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:43 pm

gonzo303 wrote:Several go for more than regular? I think you're wrong but that's ok.
Well, maybe a few bucks difference here or there, but some regs are definitely more sought after. These below will easily shoot past their variants in terms of average prices and demand. Just a matter of time.

I love my SW variant set, but the SW reg set might also join this list, who knows. Folks like them colors.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:50 pm

Awesome examples. Yea that's definitely "Several" Stouts.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:57 pm

gonzo303 wrote:Awesome examples. Yea that's definitely "Several" Stouts.
That's 6 prints if you count the SW set, so, yes, "several." Let's check back in a few months, shall we? :P
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:13 pm

IB and Lebowski are pretty close too. Although there haven't been many sales of either of the variants this year.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:13 pm

Exactly, not as many variants cone up for sale.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:15 pm

Shaun of the Dead will follow suit. Seems more people prefer the regular of that one as well.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:17 pm

Monster Squad is neck and neck too.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:21 pm

The older ones will be neck and neck. The variants are rare now so therefore most sales will be on the regular. I prefer variants, so not every one likes the regulars.

Find me an IB variant for its 6 month avg or even average price, it's not happening. Sales are sparse on the variants which makes the regular look more "popular".
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:23 pm

Ya I'd def like to see what a mint IB variant would do in an auction right now. $1500?
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:36 pm

gonzo303 wrote:The older ones will be neck and neck. The variants are rare now so therefore most sales will be on the regular. I prefer variants, so not every one likes the regulars.

Find me an IB variant for its 6 month avg or even average price, it's not happening. Sales are sparse on the variants which makes the regular look more "popular".
I'm with you, Corey. I own more Stout variants than regs. The limited sales history on the older variants does make it tricky to gauge. For specific prints like Avengers, LTROI, and even SW, however, I get the sense that most folks tend to go for more color.
nsd
Art Expert

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:39 pm

Tyler himself has said he prefers the regulars to the variants. In some cases I feel that variants are "tacked on" pieces rather than full-fledged alternate concepts. Not just in his work.
Can be an online release PB when I am not trying to get the piece if I am available. Just ask.
#1 ISO's: (Stout - Signed "Reservoir Dogs", Taylor - "Drive" & Mitchell - Signed "Driver" Portrait)
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:49 pm

nsd wrote:Tyler himself has said he prefers the regulars to the variants. In some cases I feel that variants are "tacked on" pieces rather than full-fledged alternate concepts. Not just in his work.
BLASPHEMOUS! :lol: In some cases, yes, the variants might be a bit odd (BTiLC glow variant, Drive Cityscape GID variant, for example), but for others like the SW Revenge, Repo Man GID variant, Robocop metal, Akira metallics, Res Dogs bloody, the variants are a great alternative (and, in my opinion, for these particular prints, superior). :P