Love is the Answer 12 Mr Brainwash

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jester
Art Expert

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:42 pm

Bakedbeens wrote:
macboy wrote:
sixstringer wrote:think of all the fairy tales, disney, sleepaway camp, apes, cowboys aliens posters your could buy 1k.
Haha. Exactly. I wonder how many people bitching about MBW are just mad cause the band and movie posters they own aren't worth the paper they are printed on. Some MBW prints are nice. Some not so much. However, I never understood why people buy band posters or movie posters and then consider them valuable. You rarely if ever will see band and movie posters up for auction at real auction houses. Art galleries and real collectors know that. You will see Fairey, MBW, Banksy, Invader, KAWS. etc. Just consider the Carmichael or Hepner gallery in LA.

Nearly all movie and band posters are a waste of trees and ink. Art should make you feel something. I look at them and feel nothing.
First of all, he isn't doing gig posters, so it's not a fair comparison for price or content. I hold him up against real art and good street art. He is neither. Sorry. Reusing worn out images and spray painting on them has no emotional value for me. Wouldn't want it displayed in my house. I agree that it's an amazing market and a piece of that is always nice. I guess if I were investing in art, I'd keep it in the closet for awhile to take advantage of crazy people down the road.
:clap:
ISO: Any Spusta original sketches, original inkings, or concept drawings. Please PM me to discuss...
shootsright77
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:09 am

Pop-culture-garbage-disposal
TNspreadhead
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:28 pm

whatisbartfour wrote:$1000. That's crazy.

But kinda smart. He's pretty much cornering the flipper market. If he's all about profit why let people make dough on the bay when he can take all upfront. At $1000 how much more could people flip for? Not much... That way the true fans get the print and frame and flippers are discouraged. Either way mbw is going to make a crapload of dough off this.

My opinion on the print... It looks to be the same level of work he did the last few years at a fraction of the cost

at least 25% of the drop already on ebay/sold :lol:
NoseSpray
Art Expert

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:13 pm

What is the recommended storage method if I don't frame this thing? I don't want to order some cheapo americanframes.com frame. I want it done 100% correctly, but I don't have the extra change to drop (rather, I don't WANT to drop the extra $) right now.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:19 pm

If you don't have the ability to store this flat I would say you shouldn't have bought it

Huge print - must be flat
timc
Art Expert

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:20 pm

This will be floated, learned my leason on using mats!
Everything woke turns to fudge.
America First.
https://lowfshop.com/
NoseSpray
Art Expert

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:32 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:If you don't have the ability to store this flat I would say you shouldn't have bought it

I totally have the ability. I was just curious what the general consensus was on shortish term storage for these puppies. I don't mind dropping a hundred bucks on an americanframes frame for a $50 print. However, I want to make this one look great so that involves some research and some serious comparisons. That all takes time..hence the question.

Thanks for your opinion.
timc
Art Expert

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:32 pm

floated!!! :pint:
America First.
summoner
Art Freak

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:44 pm

NoseSpray wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:If you don't have the ability to store this flat I would say you shouldn't have bought it

I totally have the ability. I was just curious what the general consensus was on shortish term storage for these puppies. I don't mind dropping a hundred bucks on an americanframes frame for a $50 print. However, I want to make this one look great so that involves some research and some serious comparisons. That all takes time..hence the question.

Thanks for your opinion.
You should try technique called drymounting. I was in getting a poster of a Lamborghini with a girl in a thong bent over in front of it, it's really sweet... Anyway, they suggested drymounting as the perfect preservation for art. You should try that.
Image Image Image
timc
Art Expert

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:45 pm

summoner wrote:
NoseSpray wrote:

Thanks for your opinion.
You should try technique called drymounting. I was in getting a poster of a Lamborghini with a girl in a thong bent over in front of it, it's really sweet... Anyway, they suggested drymounting as the perfect preservation for art. You should try that.
:rolling:
America First.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:55 pm

NoseSpray wrote: what the general consensus was on shortish term storage for these puppies

Thanks for your opinion.
a few months in the tube would not be detrimental, but be sure to fully flatten and rest the print prior to framing

anytime welcome :pint:
jordachep
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:04 pm

summoner wrote:
NoseSpray wrote:

Thanks for your opinion.
No idea what print that is... but I added it to my ISO :D
NoseSpray
Art Expert

Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:19 pm

summoner wrote:
NoseSpray wrote:

Thanks for your opinion.
I'll drymount it then! THANKS!

:clap:
summoner
Art Freak

Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:21 pm

jordachep wrote:
summoner wrote:
NoseSpray wrote:

Thanks for your opinion.
No idea what print that is... but I added it to my ISO :D
:clap: I'd drymount the fudge outta this...
Image Image Image
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:50 pm

timc wrote:This will be floated, learned my leason on using mats!
Come on Tim, you/we know this isn't going on your wall.