Black Keys Grand Rapids 12 Hunter

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
upseeker
Art Expert

Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:10 pm

coleslaw wrote:Can't wait to see this Sparkle Foil in person :drool:
I second that! :drool: :drool:
turnJBup
Art Freak

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:41 pm

Man... it looks like I am alone in my borderline hatred for sparkle foil.
I was going to start a big ol' anti sparkle movement, now maybe I'll just join you freaks and try to dig it.
Cbjornson
Art Expert

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:48 pm

turnJBup wrote:Man... it looks like I am alone in my borderline hatred for sparkle foil.
I was going to start a big ol' anti sparkle movement, now maybe I'll just join you freaks and try to dig it.
I'm with you. Sparkle foil always looks cheesy to me. The whole variant thing is getting a little ridiculous, even before the sparkle foil. Regular foil isn't as bad but the sparkle is corny. Collectible and corny.
maden wrote:Never apologize on the internet.
gonzo303 wrote:This is Gonzos mom
pewter14
EB Team

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:49 pm

turnJBup wrote:Man... it looks like I am alone in my borderline hatred for sparkle foil.
I'm with you in the anti-sparkle foil movement.

Foil has it's place for certain posters ... but, sparkle foil's place is on a 8 year old girl's lunchbox.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
desch
Art Expert

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:30 pm

pewter14 wrote:

Foil has it's place for certain posters ... but, sparkle foil's place is on a 8 year old girl's lunchbox.
Tell Fredo that. :lol:
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
rockbridge
Art Expert

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:55 pm

pewter14 wrote:

I'm no girl, but might have the mentality of an 8 year old sometimes :) , but I gotta say that the sparkle foils that I have from Gamma and Emek are fantastic IMHO
turnJBup
Art Freak

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:57 pm

We almost have five guys... ballin'.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:57 pm

pewter14 wrote:

:lol:
sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 pm

i honestly prefer the reg ed.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:12 pm

Well, velvet paper is definitely out for Dave... way too much detail to transfer.
Can't wait to see the boring plain old first edition as well.
Great print.
Too bad he got ganked because poster of the week turned into poster of the month. :x
virtualmert
Art Expert

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:58 pm

I LOVE sparkle foil. To me it takes some overly garish rock posters and throws them right over the top rope, in a good way. :clap:
:cautiously removes pants:
fredo
Art God

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:03 pm

desch wrote:
pewter14 wrote:

Yeah, I don't dig on sparkles usually but I think it works here. No good reason- just does.
just a foil for me today, thanks
gammalyte
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:13 am

fredo wrote:
desch wrote:
pewter14 wrote:

Yeah, I don't dig on sparkles usually but I think it works here. No good reason- just does.
From a printers perspective, it's always interesting to print on different substrates, for instance the Sparkle Foil, there are many different results to be achieved, especially when using process/transparent inks that allows the sparkle to show through and interact at different viewing angles with the resulting metamerism. Often times I'll change up the ink mix on certain colors just for them. The plain holo paper is difficult to work with, it scratches very easily, even if you stare at it too long.

and my 8 year old daughter loves them :shock:
My Body is subject to gravitation. My mind is not.

_.gammalyte
www.gammalyte.com
gammalyte[a]gmail.com
turnJBup
Art Freak

Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:25 am

:lol:

If I was printing I would try everything that was within reach...
I can scratch a lot of black ink with my eyes for sure... I am usually happy with a mirror foil if it comes from the aartist.
As they change hands, issues pop up. Pretty much expect a scratch or two... I was thinking the background wallpaper patterns would jump a bit more on mirror foil.
For me, that's my favorite part of your prints. Dig that stuff.
I think the jist was that the piece is too good for the sparkle... nailed it on the plain old paper I am guessing.
Thanks for visiting the cheap seats!
upseeker
Art Expert

Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:04 pm

I believe what he meant was the gammachrome is fully utilized visually via the sparkle foil medium. And if it gets the approval of an 8 year old it has to be good! :D