The Death of Jimi Hendrix 12 Welker

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
mattlew69
Art Expert

Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:25 pm

Whoa. :shock: That stuff just blew my mind during my lunch hour.

Unfortunately, I believe everything that Sherlock is saying.

Our government is way messed up and I think they do more shady fudge than people realize.

There seemed to be a whole mess of fear in government white America during the 60's and 70's. :?

Such a shame.
fredo
Art God

Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:33 pm

I don't think anybody is laboring under the delusion that the gummint doesn't do these types of things. Holmes here is just looking to spread his self-righteous indignation as far and wide as possible under the guise of getting to the bottom of things.

Righteousness is a helluva drug (says someone who's been an addict from time to time).
just a foil for me today, thanks
mattlew69
Art Expert

Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:06 pm

and I am just another gullible American. If Sherlock was running for president, he had my vote at Jimi.

And to think, at first I thought he was a bot. :D
jojobadass
Art God

Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:14 pm

I have a 12" hog
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
Sherlock
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:11 pm

The facts are verifiable. I think anyone can see who is avoiding them and who isn't.

I don't see what Fredo's point is since there's people who deny it even happened.
fredo
Art God

Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:22 pm

You should find those people and give them a good talking-to.
Sherlock
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:40 pm

fredo wrote:You should find those people and give them a good talking-to.

You speak as if you were speaking from a position of moral advantage, however I'm not sure even you know what that position is? I don't understand how you justify a trolling stance in this? Is it because the well-argued facts pushed you off your casual doubt? Again, I fail to see what point you're trying to make?

After all, who would dare get "righteous" over a famous preciously-talented person who others made hundreds of millions of dollars off of being murdered and slandered without justice? What kind of self-righteous people would get hung-up over someone who can't defend themselves being smeared as an example of drug abuse when that government knows the whole time that they were the ones who murdered him? How dare those people bother such well-balanced people with such fine sensibility with such a trivial nuisance?

Creepy indifference is hardly a noble stance. And trolling after losing your points is just plain bad form. Fredo, I think you give yourself more right than you've earned...
mistersmith
Art Freak

Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:06 pm

Well, sorry this happened.

Look, I know all about Cointelpro. Hell, I'm even friends with an original Black Panther, someone who lost real friends to CIA assassins -- and that's what they were, cowardly drymounting chickenshit pussy murderers. It's drymounting disgusting from any angle and deserves to go down as one of the darkest chapters in American history.

That said, you can understand that white people were afraid of black people so they killed some. That fudge happens all throughout human history -- this decade's hot "other" in the Western world is Islam, but there's always going to be someone to hate. Just in America we've gone from Indians to non-natives to Irish to Asians (mostly Japanese) to Blacks to Russians/Commies to "Mexicans" (Latin Americans) to Islam and I'm sure I missed plenty. I've had a ton of Turkish roommates that were cool dudes, but talk about Armenia and they lose their fudge...and who really cares about Armenia? Fear of the other, manifested as hate, is, unfortunately, a fundamental piece of the human condition.

But the problem with saying the government killed Jimi is you're always left saying, "well, why?" There was zero motive. He wasn't the most radical musician alive, plenty more radical musicians have come and gone -- I mean, they'd kill Jimi for singing "Machine Gun" when everyone was protesting Vietnam, but Chuck D is still walking around? Come on. drymounting Little Richard was more subversive in his time -- a hyper-sexual black man bringing rock 'n roll to White America in 1955-6? -- than Hendrix ever was. Jimi was a hippie with goofy clothes that sang pop songs and played guitar better than anyone who had ever lived. That got his card pulled? No way.

The US government has done some truly miserable fudge over the years. But in their head, they had their reasons. There'd be no reason to kill a guitar-playing pothead wearing ladies' shirts that had pretty much moved to England anyway.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
fredo
Art God

Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:37 pm

YOUR GOOFY INSIGHTS ARE NO MATCH FOR MY MORAL INFERIORITY!

ps How many messageboards are you monitoring currently? Must be exhausting.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:52 pm

fredo wrote:ps How many messageboards are you monitoring currently? Must be exhausting.
This is how he gets his Google alerts for "Hendrix death":

fredo
Art God

Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:57 pm

I smell Geddes' next print!
jojobadass
Art God

Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:59 pm

I'm pretty sure satan was involved in one way or another
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
Sherlock
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:54 pm

Funny how everything sort of devolves into the lowest common denominator of trolling that some people were just looking for the excuse to do anyway. Well, there's a simple answer here, people who are that silly and ill-natured are the same people who either deny or are too ignorant to realize the truth behind Hendrix's murder. Go ahead, troll all you want. The facts I detailed stand and haven't been refuted. The trolling's at your expense not mine. Go ahead knock yourselves out! There's righteous and then there's stupid righteous. Stupid righteous is just righteously stupid.

Mistersmith is obviously ignorant of this topic. Jimi fired his MI-6 mafia manager Michael Jeffery 11 hours before he was found waterboarded to death. Jeffery would have been ruined by Jimi firing him. Once Jimi fired him he could legally send lawyers to the Bahamian banks Jeffery put the money he stole from Jimi in and threaten Jeffery with an inevitable jail sentence since Jeffery was cooking the books and ripping Jimi off blind. That was motive enough, but it's time for Mistersmith to answer some questions. If Jimi wasn't murdered by COINTELPRO why is all this obvious evidence still being covered-up? Is the media and British Government protecting a two-bit scummy manager in Michael Jeffery? Jeffery was MI-6. You people talk a strong talk for dummies who don't bother to do even the simplest research or recognize even the simplest facts. Answer the question, why didn't they investigate or reveal this? Then -or- now?

Mistersmith said he never saw anyone make any legitimate argument for the murder evidence. Gee, no need to apologize Mistersmith. I see you don't challenge any of my proof. You're simply ignorant of how dirty COINTELPRO was and how far it went. I don't understand what point you think you're making either, since you spent paragraphs basically agreeing with me above. COINTELPRO was decapitating a movement. If you don't understand the psychological warfare effect of killing Jimi then I'm sorry, I can't be held to account for your epic ignorance (contempt, really). I have further evidence I can't discuss here.

This topic usually attracts a lot of trolling jerks.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:02 pm

Sherlock wrote:If you don't understand the psychological warfare effect of killing Jimi then I'm sorry, I can't be held to account for your epic ignorance (contempt, really).

Yes. Because Black America was really devastated by the loss of a hippie guitar player that most of them probably thought was British, and it's still discussed today as a major setback in the Civil Rights movement.

Oh wait.
Sherlock wrote:I have further evidence I can't discuss here.
Because THEY might be listening!
jojobadass
Art God

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:06 pm

I'm not sure how george clinton could have survived.