Profondo Rosso 12 Malleus

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:04 am

New image Profondo Rosso 12 Malleus

coleslaw
Art Expert

Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:54 am

received my tube earlier today with both the reg and variant matching # copies, the variant shimmers and is very impressive, thanks Malleus, thanks Dark City Gallery for the fine packaging per usual. :clap:
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
bhutanpro
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:02 am

Received my regular today from Dark City and, as stated above, the packing job was stellar. Does any artist, gallery, etc really do it any better? I'm always so happy opening up their tubes. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Oh, and the print is amaze-balls. :clap:

I'm loving just picking up the regulars from this series. Once I've nabbed them all, planning on creating a custom frame that allows me to display a new one at any time. (Thanks to John Davis at Poster Mountain for the idea! :pint:)
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:00 am

Yeah these guys definitely know how to pack a tube. Barring a truck running over the thing these aren't getting damaged in transit. Much appreciated :clap:
fredo
Art God

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:29 pm

Anybody seen my jaw? I just dropped it.
just a foil for me today, thanks
solthistle
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:50 pm

just got both mine in today too. Think I'm going to have to grab the whole set.... so f'n filthy! :clap:
"If you were a good pimp you would've hit me by now!"

"If looks could kill, I am a-dead now"
rockbridge
Art Expert

Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:12 am

I hate it when this happens (sorry to post here, but I didn't see a releas discussion thread):

Tube was fine...looks like roll bends from hell...I hope they held some back for replacements!
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:20 am

that's definitely something from hell. It looks more like moisture than kung fu rolling issues to me. I say this because rolling folds are usually at the very bottom of the poster where they start to roll the poster up.
Anyway, it's a bummer. I hope they have some replacement stock. Is this from Malleus or Dark City? I got my variant from Dark City, and it's the second shipment I've received from them and they seem to do a great packaging job. In the past, Malleus used small diamter tubes and tended to have a kung fu grip when rolling, but they switched to wider diameter tubes a couple years ago and I haven't had roll bends from them in ages.

Edit: the more I look at your pic, the more it looks like this poster was resting on a surface that wasn't flat.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
fredo
Art God

Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:24 am

Nice table!
just a foil for me today, thanks
rockbridge
Art Expert

Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:01 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:that's definitely something from hell. It looks more like moisture than kung fu rolling issues to me. I say this because rolling folds are usually at the very bottom of the poster where they start to roll the poster up.
Anyway, it's a bummer. I hope they have some replacement stock. Is this from Malleus or Dark City? I got my variant from Dark City, and it's the second shipment I've received from them and they seem to do a great packaging job. In the past, Malleus used small diamter tubes and tended to have a kung fu grip when rolling, but they switched to wider diameter tubes a couple years ago and I haven't had roll bends from them in ages.

Edit: the more I look at your pic, the more it looks like this poster was resting on a surface that wasn't flat.
They came from DarkCity....no issues in the past.....praying for replacements, as these prints are stunning
spankman
Art Expert

Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:05 pm

That sux. Mine arrived saturday and it was perfect. I was even able to flatten it out straight as an arrow in one day.
"I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard.” Mike Tyson
clem99
EB Team

Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:39 pm

The variant is one of the best from malleus I have seen and possess, keen to see the leather edition later in the year, my favourite movie poster bar none this far
art is the only justification for pain :)
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:57 pm

Anyone order this directly from Malleus? Still waiting on a shipping notification for my AP leather...
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:00 pm

Wasn't there going to be a big set of Malleus movie posters?
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:39 pm

turnJBup wrote:Wasn't there going to be a big set of Malleus movie posters?
This is the second entry in that series. It's for Dario Argento's films curated by Dark City Gallery in London.