Phish Deer Creek 99 Pollock

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:00 am

This topic is dedicated to: Phish Deer Creek 99 Pollock

Staunchy
Art Expert

Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:00 am

the dragon fly
i and i
morst
EB Team

Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:37 pm

I guess this was a while ago now, but I can't recall if these were sold out the first day, or they still had 'em on day 2? I think they sold out during second set one of the two days, 'cause I remember buying the one with the tack holes from the merchbooth on the east side of the venue, after someone in front of me bought the last one in their stack.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:40 pm

guess I should have picked one up...
good show, if I remember correctly.. damn good show!
deeromicus
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:26 am

Should all copies of this have a deckled edge?
deliahdelyon
Art Freak

Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:02 am

Yes, on the bottom.
postartproductions
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:05 am

deeromicus wrote:Should all copies of this have a deckled edge?
Should, but might not. Pollock hand cut the paper back then and may have skipped one deckled edge. I wouldn't worry about authenticity... It'd be pretty tough to boot a nearly 10 year old, hand carved, hand pressed linoleum block poster. I wouldn't worry about it and I'd consider it a rare find. :wink:
deeromicus
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:18 pm

postartproductions wrote:
deeromicus wrote:Should all copies of this have a deckled edge?
Should, but might not. Pollock hand cut the paper back then and may have skipped one deckled edge. I wouldn't worry about authenticity... It'd be pretty tough to boot a nearly 10 year old, hand carved, hand pressed linoleum block poster. I wouldn't worry about it and I'd consider it a rare find. :wink:
Thanks for the response Jason.

I'm not worried about "authenticity," but I am curious what the consensus is regarding if having no deckled edge would be considered an alteration or defect and if so how it would affect its value on the open market.
deeromicus
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:09 pm

Between some research and a handful of pms it seems like there are a bunch out there with no deckled edge. It seems that there have been instances where it was treated as a "defect," and instances where it wasn't. It also seems apparent that edges of pieces around that period were uneven and inexact in general. Between that info and Jason K's post on EB, I don't think I consider not having a deckled edge a defect....a personal preference for some, perhaps.

I thought I should post a statement about this since there has been quite a few pm conversations about this since I posted it.
phishbeatles
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:00 pm

deeromicus wrote:Between some research and a handful of pms it seems like there are a bunch out there with no deckled edge. It seems that there have been instances where it was treated as a "defect," and instances where it wasn't. It also seems apparent that edges of pieces around that period were uneven and inexact in general. Between that info and Jason K's post on EB, I don't think I consider not having a deckled edge a defect....a personal preference for some, perhaps.

I thought I should post a statement about this since there has been quite a few pm conversations about this since I posted it.
Yeah I wouldn't sweat it, as a collector, it wouldnt make a difference to me if it was deckled or cut, and I wouldnt ask for the value of a creek to be dropped if it had no deckled edge.
tjinoh
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:27 pm

All of this being said, I think the litmus test is whether any print in question meets the original size. I've seen discussions on other forums regarding framers removing the deckled edge from certain Pollocks, and I can see how some people may regard these as being altered and thus lower in value. Mine is deckled, though, so it doesn't really matter to me. :)
pjposters3
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:08 pm

tjinoh wrote:All of this being said, I think the litmus test is whether any print in question meets the original size. I've seen discussions on other forums regarding framers removing the deckled edge from certain Pollocks, and I can see how some people may regard these as being altered and thus lower in value. Mine is deckled, though, so it doesn't really matter to me. :)
I'd blow a gasket if a framer cut one of my posters.

FWIW mine has a decked edge too.
automator
Nobody

Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:09 pm

New image Phish Noblesville 99 Pollock
from exibit 101

ottoisblotto2
Art Expert

Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:24 pm

automator wrote:New image Phish Noblesville 99 Pollock
from exibit 101

sick! Kudos to you attack
thebends9 wrote:People are idiots
attackonthebass
Art Expert

Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:51 am

my question is how is an AP printed four years after the event the same price as the original print.

does jim print, OLD prints upon requested for a higher price i assume?

I've seen this on a few of pollocks prints. and to me it would seem like the show print would be worth more
Common sense, is not that common