Elements Of Everyone 11 Miss Bugs

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
noweyesee
Art Expert

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:12 pm

calarochelle wrote:
tranito wrote:Who can point out every artist referenced in there (and actually point out what it is on the print), I need to get educated.
From a quick look, there's Basquiat (The crown & skull), Haring (the bottom right) and Hirst (everything going on in the middle with the butterflies.

It sure looks nice, imma go for one if its around 600$
The whole arrangement is reminiscent of Gustav Klimt. The hands are from his Adele Bloch-Bauer I:

The "F" and the "A" floating out to the right remind me of FAILE.
tranito
Art Expert

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:00 pm

From the ''You've got a thousand bucks...'' thread, my #1 fantasy print was :
tranito wrote:Gotta go with the Miss Bugs commission. Other posters can be traded for.
tranito wrote:I'd buy a print of any of the following. Find them equally awesome.
ImageImageImage
Now this a month later. Really, it almost feels like something I could have commissioned. It's exactly in the vein of what I wanted, but to be honest, I believe it to be my least favorite of the 4 images. Where do you guys rank it?
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
shoeless
Art Expert

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:09 pm

tranito wrote: .......I believe it to be my least favorite of the 4 images. Where do you guys rank it?
Id have to agree.
Im not crazy about this one....
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:13 pm

Beautiful Sigh is my favorite of the bunch.
EOE is in the same vain, and I'm very happy they created a print.
The 3 OG pieces from the show will never see the light of day.
MB don't work that way.
I hope this print isn't going to be over $700.
mkuborn
Art Expert

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:15 pm

ImageImageImageImage
fav to least. the middle two look like a set and are both equaly great in my mind, the same type of homages to the same artists but the first is just mindblowing
tranito
Art Expert

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:56 pm

Otto, $700 is a lot of money. It's hard to tell, because this is new territory for them due to size and number of colors, but from my understanding, they try to price their prints right at market value. That also means that once the dust has settled, be it here or on ebay, a few are usually available more or less for face, which is usually even truer for hard to store/costly to frame bigger prints. My bet is that if you can't buy it from MB for $700, you'll be able to do so from someone in need of Christmas money. $700 is a lot of money. They can't do this to me. I hope it's not above 400 GBP. I wish it's under.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
shoeless
Art Expert

Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:10 pm

tranito wrote:Otto, $700 is a lot of money. It's hard to tell, because this is new territory for them due to size and number of colors, but from my understanding, they try to price their prints right at market value.
True...but this is also an edition of 30. That will likely be a factor as well.
Not sure if theyll be $700, but itll be close.(imo)
tranito
Art Expert

Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:40 pm

I wonder if they had their price set when they released the info. If they had it, I wonder what's the reason to keep it secret any longer. If not, I wonder if the fans' reception and speculation has any influence on the ultimate call. Probably not.
JAWilmesJr
Art Expert

Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:45 pm

I think it's also worth noting that their prints always looks even better in person. The layers, colors, varnish, etc just add so much to each print. Like I said before I love it, just hope there is some way for me to grab it. Hmmmm...maybe a Christmas present from my girlfriend.
Goonies never say die!
jsstuver
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:53 pm

So beautiful. I think this is the best print they have released since LOTL. In person this will be drool worthy!
roo
Art Expert

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:56 am

ottomatik71 wrote:
roo wrote:Another outstanding Miss Bugs print. Not taking anything away from the print but i would much prefer the face used was as a unknown, it lends itself to a bit more mystic plus i just dont like famous or known people, :twisted: just jealous i guess. :wink:
i am guessing $595 depending on fluctuating exchange rate... :ziggi:
All of their female faces come from a know living person.
Who is the face in Nothing New Retold???? I thought it was the female bus driver on the 51 from Elephant & Castle, High st via Peckham,,? thats why i bought the print..... :ziggi:
treweman
Art Expert

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:18 am

mkuborn wrote:ImageImageImageImage
fav to least. the middle two look like a set and are both equaly great in my mind, the same type of homages to the same artists but the first is just mindblowing
I might have to rank this as my favorite of the four. Although I like the face and umbrella in Picasso's Girl, the rabbit and the hand bother me a bit. Of course, it is still available to purchase at Brooklynite for $4100. But for my money, I think I'd rather have Elements.
misterx
Art Expert

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:29 am

Dont blink or you'll miss 'em when they drop.
its been bugging me to say that....

and they are all quite beautiful, but, as pictured above I'd go for number two.

Wouldn't be surprised if these aren't 500+ quid, or mid fours at the least, imo..
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
wneff
Art Expert

Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:25 am

Of the four, the last two are my favorites. No right or wrong answer tho...I would love to have any or all.

ImageImageImageImage
BILLYTHEKID
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:33 pm

Beautiful Sigh is my fav

I like Elements but keep seeing

:(