Fugazi Shellac Chicago 98 Ryan

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:00 am

Oh gosh, that was a deal, love that print. I have a suoer banged up version that makes me smile
electrachrome
Site Admin

Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:16 pm

electrachrome wrote: all's fair on eBay ...but someone just stole this.
relisted yesterday and now described as drymounted ...though the auction was ended early.
I figure someone didn't care and made an offer
haven
Art Expert

Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:58 pm

I was actually the initial buyer. Was pretty drunk when I stumbled upon the listing. Almost scrolled by, assumed it was one of those mini prints. Couldn't believe it had been up for at least 8 hours and there was two people bidding on it at like $26.

The seller intercepted the delivery right before it was about to be delivered. Someone must have squealed.

He sold a framed Stereolab for ridiculously cheap as well. Hope it didn't go to the squealer.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:11 pm

Huh?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
veltri
Art Expert

Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:19 pm

Oh, that's low to call it back en route!
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
Lowbrow-Ink
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:15 pm

haven wrote:I was actually the initial buyer. Was pretty drunk when I stumbled upon the listing. Almost scrolled by, assumed it was one of those mini prints. Couldn't believe it had been up for at least 8 hours and there was two people bidding on it at like $26.

The seller intercepted the delivery right before it was about to be delivered. Someone must have squealed.

He sold a framed Stereolab for ridiculously cheap as well. Hope it didn't go to the squealer.
Why would he intercept the delivery & then relist? If an individual contacted him after shipment & offered a significant amount over what you paid, why relist (& as dry mounted)? Setting up his excuse for the redirection?
haven
Art Expert

Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:02 pm

Lowbrow-Ink wrote:
haven wrote:I was actually the initial buyer. Was pretty drunk when I stumbled upon the listing. Almost scrolled by, assumed it was one of those mini prints. Couldn't believe it had been up for at least 8 hours and there was two people bidding on it at like $26.

Why would he intercept the delivery & then relist? If an individual contacted him after shipment & offered a significant amount over what you paid, why relist (& as dry mounted)? Setting up his excuse for the redirection?
Just because someone contacted him and told him what the poster is worth doesn't mean they made him an offer on it. And maybe no one did contact him, maybe he did his own research after the fact. And maybe he thinks drymounted is a good thing, or doesn't understand what drymounting is. Lots of maybes. I don't know and I don't particularly care. I have a copy so I'm not too bothered by the outcome.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:46 am

Want to start a pedal bike gang and roll up on him and yell drymounter at him until we're embarrassed?