Rise Above Rebel 11 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
misterwhisper
Art Expert

Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:53 pm

Eighty wrote: ...its just a bit lazy getting one from a stock photo site, much more interesting when theyve got a bit of history behind them. still bought it though.
I don't think it's laziness as much as it is CYA, especially after that AP fiasco. When you buy a stock photo, you're generally buying the rights to use it however you wish. Hence, no future lawsuit from the original photographer.
gregorymwood00
Art Enthusiast

Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:05 pm

johnnyb wrote:Got mine! Who gives a fudge if it came from a stock photo.

Yeah, really. Who gives a shizzy. If you buttheads are all bent don't buy one. I got mine though :D
cubbiephan
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:09 pm

gregorymwood00 wrote:Yeah, really. Who gives a shizzy. If you buttheads are all bent don't buy one.

totally agree.
etched
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:38 pm

michaelu wrote:this print is in the Fairey top 3 of 2011
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:46 pm

Stock frame
hellosir wrote:People truly bitch about everything these days
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:09 pm

Looks great Cargo!!!!
gregorymwood00
Art Enthusiast

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:38 pm

Haunting!
mydogbeans
Art Enthusiast

Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:08 am

Fairey's a genius- mass produced 'art' that people go crazy for. The equation just doesn't make sense to me. Is it that the more unoriginal fairey works you have, the more genuine of a fairey collector you feel? I Justdon't understand his work's desirability. It's all rehashed crap. It's like the most popular boy band came out with a new crap song and everyone flocks to put it on their totally rad playlist. It's pathetic. It's only value is flipping.
mydogbeans
Art Enthusiast

Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:12 am

Oh boy! I can't wait to show off my new 'name brand' piece of 'art'. It's like Nike putting out prints with their swoosh logo on every piece. It's phenominal how he's brainwashed collectors. It's so generic.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:15 am

we will just dismiss you comments as a result of too many drugs at phish shows

BTW Phish sucks :pint:
mmmm Beer :pint:
sixstringer
Art Expert

Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:02 pm

mydogbeans wrote:Fairey's a genius- mass produced 'art' that people go crazy for. The equation just doesn't make sense to me. Is it that the more unoriginal fairey works you have, the more genuine of a fairey collector you feel? I Justdon't understand his work's desirability. It's all rehashed crap. It's like the most popular boy band came out with a new crap song and everyone flocks to put it on their totally rad playlist. It's pathetic. It's only value is flipping.
nobody actually keeps their Fairey prints....silly boy. :P
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:43 pm

mydogbeans wrote:Fairey's a genius- mass produced 'art' that people go crazy for. The equation just doesn't make sense to me. Is it that the more unoriginal fairey works you have, the more genuine of a fairey collector you feel? I Justdon't understand his work's desirability. It's all rehashed crap. It's like the most popular boy band came out with a new crap song and everyone flocks to put it on their totally rad playlist. It's pathetic. It's only value is flipping.
So says the guy who has Dark Wave Rising Sun in his collection...
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
Lomier66
Art Expert

Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:46 pm

gregorymwood00 wrote:Haunting!
There is nothing in that picture that I am not loving! :drool: :clap:
HAND DRAWN 1/1 OG's COMING SOON http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/
gregorymwood00
Art Enthusiast

Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:57 pm

Lomier66 wrote:
gregorymwood00 wrote:Haunting!
There is nothing in that picture that I am not loving! :drool: :clap:

Gracias Senor.
clandestinex
Art Expert

Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:09 pm

You clearly have never owned a print by Fairey and therefore don't have much room to criticize the man or his work. And instead of criticizing the art, you are criticizing us for enjoying it. All art is subjective and people will buy art regardless of what people think it actually is (ABOVE for example), so get over it man.
On every street in every city, there's a nobody who dreams of being a somebody.