Frankenstein 11 Struzan / Taylor

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
MooreSaxPlease
Art Expert

Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:58 pm

IWish wrote:
MooreSaxPlease wrote:Wowza!!!! :drool:
Oh wow. Glad you like it. :D Keeping it simple is best in my case. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm happy with the theater-like-poster-case look this frame gives. The frame has a nice 1" profile coming out from the wall.
I agree. Simple is best here. There's too much going on in the print
to go with an ornate frame.

I will most likely be going the same route as you, except I'm looking at the satin black
frame, but with a black velvet type of mat. (not 100% sold on the mat tho, I need to see a mock set up first)

I like the ornate frame job up above, but I just think there's too much going on
in the print to do a frame up like that.. simple and clean is the way for me :]
IWish
Art Expert

Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:12 pm

I will be looking for a darker shade of burgundy...the mat in my pic is way too light, IMO. When I had the black paper in the background...it seemed to pull out the black in the print too much. Whereas, the burgundy allowed the colors in the print to jump a bit more, which I like.

You can see the black background on the left - it's a matte black...maybe that's why I didn't care for it.

machination
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:27 pm

Since this is Frankenstein, I want to get a more ornate/gothic frame but still manage to not have it overshadow the poster somehow.
MooreSaxPlease
Art Expert

Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:32 pm

IWish wrote:I will be looking for a darker shade of burgundy...the mat in my pic is way too light, IMO. When I had the black paper in the background...it seemed to pull out the black in the print too much. Whereas, the burgundy allowed the colors in the print to jump a bit more, which I like.

You can see the black background on the left - it's a matte black...maybe that's why I didn't care for it.

Thanks for posting the black, now I'll most lillehammer steer away from black.
I think somewhere in the vacinity of that burgundy just might be
the money shot.

Update the thread when you find the right combo, if you don't mind.
MooreSaxPlease
Art Expert

Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:34 pm

machination wrote:Since this is Frankenstein, I want to get a more ornate/gothic frame but still manage to not have it overshadow the poster somehow.
I think a flat black or matte black ornate frame might be pretty sweet.
IWish
Art Expert

Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:48 pm

Sure, update will be no problem. I love posting pics.

An ornate frame would totally be appropriate for this print. There's only one room in my house that a ornate frame would look good (due to furnishings etc) and that's my bedroom. There will be no monster pictures in my bedroom. :D
automator
Nobody

Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:44 pm

New image Frankenstein 11 Struzan / Taylor

harrykeogh
Art Expert

Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:26 am

Congrats on poster of the year!
swabie2424
Art Expert

Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:47 am

harrykeogh wrote:Congrats on poster of the year!
Indeed. Very well deserved. Congrats to all the artists involved as well as the Mondo crew.

Going to the Frank event at the New Bev was by far my favorite collecting memory of the year. Met some great folks in line, got to speak with Struzan again (I had met him on past occasions), saw the film on the big screen for the first time and ended up picking up one of my favorite pieces in my collection... which is now the 2011 poster of the year! Not a bad night all!!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lomier66
Art Expert

Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:49 am

Movie posters aren’t really my thing but this a very well deserved award. A wonderful image and from the pictures I’ve seen of it it looks like Mondo put an awful lot of time and love into it. Lovely work :D
HAND DRAWN 1/1 OG's COMING SOON http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/
jlabbate
Art Freak

Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:04 am

:clap: :notworthy: :pint: :pint: :notworthy: :clap:
harrykeogh wrote:Congrats on poster of the year!
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:42 am

Nice and deserved win, imo. This is finally heading off the the framers very soon. Can't wait to get it back.
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
KrashKontrol
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:17 pm

Congrats to the artists and the Mondo Team! :clap:
ImageImageImageImageImage
KSUvet
Art Expert

Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:23 pm

It got my vote! :clap:

Since I learned in one of the other threads that this comes with a physical award, who gets it? Struzan and Taylor or Mondo?
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:27 pm

It only had a physical award the first year.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.