Frankenstein 11 Struzan / Taylor

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
desch
Art Expert

Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:02 am

phishbeatles wrote:Wow I didn't realize that 2011 was such a shitty year for posters. Must have been a pretty crappy selection if this won lol.
This from someone who owns 6 pages of Phish posters lol. :P
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:09 am

desch wrote:This from someone who owns 6 pages of Phish posters lol. :P
A better retort there cannot be. 8)
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
automator
Nobody

Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:17 pm

New image Frankenstein 11 Struzan / Taylor
Painting vs Print

woodyland
Art Expert

Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:44 pm

Hilarious :roll:
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir
middayshadows
Art Expert

Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:38 am

SaintNoir wrote:
desch wrote:This from someone who owns 6 pages of Phish posters lol. :P
A better retort there cannot be. 8)
phishbeatles
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:04 am

desch wrote:
phishbeatles wrote:Wow I didn't realize that 2011 was such a shitty year for posters. Must have been a pretty crappy selection if this won lol.
What does me liking a band have anything to do with you morons voting a shitty print from a movie that happened 80 years ago as poster of the year? If it wasn't for Phish this site wouldn't even exist dumbass. But you wouldn't know that because your a noob and haven't even been on this site for 2 years yet.

The fact is there were a ton of other actual prints that were 20 times better. What's next you morons going to vote for a comic book cover or a vinyl record as poster of the year lol? 800 bux for Frankenstein lol.........
Last edited by phishbeatles on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
"thanks for doing that for us slow people!!" Jojodumbass
tehhippy
Art Expert

Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:06 am

phishbeatles wrote:
desch wrote:
What does me liking a band have anything to do with you morons voting a shitty art print from a movie that happened 80 years ago as art print of the year? If it wasn't for Phish this site wouldn't even exist dumbass. But you wouldn't know that because your a noob and haven't even been on this site for 2 years yet.

The fact is there were a ton of other actual art prints that were 20 times better. What's next you morons going to vote for a comic book cover or a vinyl record as art print of the year lol? 800 bux for Frankenstein lol.........
It didn't win Art Print of the year, APV did. It won poster of the year.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:18 am

phishbeatles wrote:
desch wrote:
What does me liking a band have anything to do with you morons voting a shitty print from a movie that happened 80 years ago as poster of the year? If it wasn't for Phish this site wouldn't even exist dumbass. But you wouldn't know that because your a noob and haven't even been on this site for 2 years yet.

The fact is there were a ton of other actual prints that were 20 times better. What's next you morons going to vote for a comic book cover or a vinyl record as poster of the year lol? 800 bux for Frankenstein lol.........
I only have a couple movie posters. I'm a gig poster dude.

But seriously, until you see this poster in the flesh, stfu.
It's amazing. The amount of screens really did the poster justice. Better printing then any phish poster, by a mile. The arist is a classic representation of movie art. The lettering in this poster is fantastic. I wish I owned this poster and I don't give two shits about the movie or artist. It's just that good. And obviously since it won poty, well, a lot more people feel the same way.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:19 am

Why are phsih fans always such angry, little people?
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:48 am

phishbeatles wrote: a movie that happened 80 years ago
Irrelevant. Movie is still amazing and was way ahead of its time. It is based on a classic and amazing book. The movie is a timeless adaptation. It doesn't get more iconic. An incredibly iconic film... done by an incredibly iconic artist... SCREEN PRINTED with over 20 layers. The end.

Just because a film (or artist or anything) didn't come out yesterday, doesn't mean it isn't worth revisiting or attention (quite the opposite seems to be the case more often, no? Enjoy your Transformers 4).
phishbeatles wrote: your a noob
Your and you're are different. This also applies to there, their, they're and several others. Learn the difference.
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
woodyland
Art Expert

Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:45 pm

phishbeatles wrote:noob
You're shaming your handle
MooreSaxPlease
Art Expert

Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:49 pm

Did the wook crawl back in it's hole? Hmm.. .
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:51 pm

talkingdeads wrote:Why are phsih fans always such angry, little people?
Can't afford the good weed.
woodyland
Art Expert

Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:53 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:
talkingdeads wrote:Why are phsih fans always such angry, little people?
Can't afford the good weed.
That's exactly what Wonka would say
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:05 pm

SaintNoir wrote:
phishbeatles wrote: a movie that happened 80 years ago
Irrelevant. Movie is still amazing and was way ahead of its time.
Just because a film (or artist or anything) didn't come out yesterday, doesn't mean it isn't worth revisiting or attention (quite the opposite seems to be the case more often, no? Enjoy your Transformers 4).
Also, a movie doesn't "happen." Events happen.

Not to mention - his name is Phish + Beatles.
Beatles "happened" a long time ago too. And when was the last time Phish's music has been relevant? 8)