University of New Hampshire 75th Anniversary Winter Carnival

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:40 am

demope
New User

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:46 am

My father is the artist of this poster, his name is David deMoulpied. I have an original of this and he did not sign this one. I believe it was his first poster. He went on to sign others such as the one for Cannon Mountain and his Dartmouth 1942 submission, such as the 1943 post for UNH. This poster is not 1935, it is 1941, the 75th Anniversary of UNH.
addem

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:19 am

This is rad...went to UNH and live around here still..cool image and story!
lagoldberg
New User

Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:49 pm

demope wrote:My father is the artist of this poster, his name is David deMoulpied. I have an original of this and he did not sign this one. I believe it was his first poster. He went on to sign others such as the one for Cannon Mountain and his Dartmouth 1942 submission, such as the 1943 post for UNH. This poster is not 1935, it is 1941, the 75th Anniversary of UNH.
Thank you for posting this info! My auction house is selling a Cannon poster in our March 1st auction (along with a big selection of ski posters, including some others from New Hampshire)- I believe we have the same image as the one at the New England ski museum, not the one pictured here, and we only had your father's last name from the poster as a source. Now we can include his first name as well! If you also could let me know his birth/death years, we can include all of that biographical info in our catalogue so it is properly attributed.

I've attached a photo so you can see it, and the catalogue will be online early february at Swanngalleries.com if you are curious to see how it looks.

Thanks!
Lauren