Neil Young Upper Darby 11 Slater

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Craig_of_J
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:38 pm

This is gorgeous - and probably my favorite Slater piece in quite a stretch... and I tend to really, really dig his stuff. I can't wait to see the detail of this in person.
downtown
Art Expert

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:44 pm

The variant is especially stunning.
recycler
Art Expert

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:58 pm

When the hell did the blue go onsale? Same time as red? Maybe pic never showed up cause of some weird cache...
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:08 pm

recycler wrote:When the hell did the blue go onsale? Same time as red? Maybe pic never showed up cause of some weird cache...
I saw both as soon as the email went out. I think there was some separation between them visually on Slater's site though (maybe another print thumbnail was between them).
pewter14
EB Team

Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:30 pm

machination wrote:
recycler wrote:When the hell did the blue go onsale? Same time as red? Maybe pic never showed up cause of some weird cache...
I saw both as soon as the email went out. I think there was some separation between them visually on Slater's site though (maybe another print thumbnail was between them).
He put up the two Decemberists prints first, then the NYs. One of the Decemberists prints didn't have the purchase link so when he updated that, it moved so the two NY prints were sandwiched between the 2 Decemberists. As always, once the variants were gone for both prints, they were removed. The blue NY sold out almost instantly once the e-mail was sent.

Print looks gorgeous, can't wait to see it.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
nevadinova
Art Expert

Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:33 pm

I like it. A lot.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:38 pm

pewter14 wrote:
machination wrote:
He put up the two Decemberists prints first, then the NYs. One of the Decemberists prints didn't have the purchase link so when he updated that, it moved so the two NY prints were sandwiched between the 2 Decemberists. As always, once the variants were gone for both prints, they were removed. The blue NY sold out almost instantly once the e-mail was sent.

the blue didn't sell out once the email was up..I received the email @ 953 est & my paypal receipt is 1033 est
so they were up for a bit
gospar
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:30 pm

I never get a chance with Todd sales because he always puts the sales in the middle of the night in Europe time, that sucks. I always see the email in the morning when it's too late.

The blue variant is nice but I think the red one is nicer.
I think is more idea about special edition that makes you like more that one then original specially in this case.

Great poster anyway
caloudas
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:18 pm

jlabbate wrote:
pewter14 wrote:
machination wrote:

the blue didn't sell out once the email was up..I received the email @ 953 est & my paypal receipt is 1033 est
so they were up for a bit

My paypal receipt is 10:06 EST and I got refunded for the blue... :hanging:
dylansdad
Art Expert

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:22 pm

gospar wrote:The blue variant is nice but I think the red one is nicer.
I think is more idea about special edition that makes you like more that one then original specially in this case.

Great poster anyway
I absolutely prefer the blue, regardless of price or edition size. Has a much more moonlit feel to it.
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:27 pm

dylansdad wrote:
gospar wrote:I absolutely prefer the blue, regardless of price or edition size. Has a much more moonlit feel to it.
It does feel a bit more moon light-ish. I personally prefer the red, but I think a lot of that has to do with the pieces that will be around it. I immediately favored that color due to that and didn't get to evaluate them on equal terms.
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
pewter14
EB Team

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:34 pm

SaintNoir wrote:
dylansdad wrote:
gospar wrote:I absolutely prefer the blue, regardless of price or edition size. Has a much more moonlit feel to it.
It does feel a bit more moon light-ish. I personally prefer the red, but I think a lot of that has to do with the pieces that will be around it. I immediately favored that color due to that and didn't get to evaluate them on equal terms.
When I saw these go up, I immediately thought of Slater companion piecs to each, mostly based on color. Kind of just struck me quickly.

ImageImage

ImageImage
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
jamesgunter
Art Expert

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:17 pm

Last edited by jamesgunter on Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrangeBug
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:19 pm

so they were up for a bit[/quote]

My paypal receipt is 10:06 EST and I got refunded for the blue... :hanging:[/quote]

My paypal said 10:03 and I got refunded. They were def up for 5-10 min more after I bought mine. Did buy both?
caloudas
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:21 pm

nah, i only tried for the blue.