Fashion Chimps NYC 11 Faile

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
JAWilmesJr
Art Expert

Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:51 pm

Moriarty wrote: (Not my picture, I found this from someone at the show.) Hey JAWilmesJr, was this version at the show smaller than the PaperMonster print?
No, I am pretty sure they were the same; part of the original PaperMonster run. I think they had 20-25 for sale at the show.
Goonies never say die!
jsstuver
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:21 pm

Just opened mine. Wow that thing is heavy. The biggest tube I've seen. I must say this print is really impressive. This is the first Ive seen in person of their block style prints, are they all this amazing? The blocks are a huge size since the print is so big it really makes the print look like an og because it is so 3-dimensional looking. I am so happy with this purchase and the quality of the paper is really impressive as well! Anyone else opened there's up?
Moriarty
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:00 pm

Just another pic.
jsstuver
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:08 pm

Also the screen printed paper it is wrapped in is like a free print in it's self .... Very nice!
not2serious
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:22 pm

Got it ... love the colors ... now I have to get it flat for the framer
“Modern art is a con, and I’m the world’s greatest con artist” - Mark Kostabi
"The holy grail is to spend less time making the picture than it takes people to look at it." - Banksy
jsstuver
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:15 pm

Pictures do not do this print justice. The layers of ink and colors and the light and dark blocks add such nice contrast throughout the print. The size adds a nice in your face of showing you details.
mtarail
Art Expert

Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:35 am

Apologize for the car wallpaper splash. Guest bedroom used to be a kid's room and we can't get around to taking it down. This may be the biggest (and heaviest) framed piece I've got.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:47 am

It's a beast, all right. Always wanted it, but recently opted for a different Faile that I'm getting framed. If you ever decide to part with it with the frame, please keep me in mind. CA isn't too far away.
mlwells04
Art Expert

Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:24 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:It's a beast, all right. Always wanted it, but recently opted for a different Faile that I'm getting framed. If you ever decide to part with it with the frame, please keep me in mind. CA isn't too far away.
I PB'd one of these for someone in NY when Faile had a show at Castor gallery, can attest it is a beast of a print!
electrachrome
Site Admin

Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:34 pm

mtarail wrote:Apologize for the car wallpaper splash. Guest bedroom used to be a kid's room and we can't get around to taking it down. This may be the biggest (and heaviest) framed piece I've got.
I would like to book a stay at chateau mtarail