A Perfect Vacuum 11 Geddes

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
caleb
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 10, 2011 1:19 pm

Hopefully the run size is 200 again, that was almost perfect for adrift. It was up for most of the afternoon, anyone who really wanted one had a chance, but still a fairly quick sell out. I love drops like that. I really like this, ill definatly be goin for one.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue May 10, 2011 1:34 pm

My interpretation is that she has been floating & meditating in a vacuum. Not necessarily w/o air but something is missing.

The bird is this case is liberating her or bringing her whatever it is, that she was lacking.

The feelings this print conveys to me are of hope or liberation....

please don't have a large print option, i just can't help myself
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Tue May 10, 2011 1:35 pm

srdzevon wrote:Looks peaceful to me. The Cafe has an unsettling quality to it that's always drawn me to it. This one doesn't have that. It calms me. The breaking window looks violent, but she doesn't seem to mind at all.

Dr,
How much would you charge to make me a animated avatar of the dove blowing in the windows? :lol:
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
tpeazy
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 10, 2011 1:36 pm

srdzevon wrote:Looks peaceful to me. The Cafe has an unsettling quality to it that's always drawn me to it. This one doesn't have that. It calms me. The breaking window looks violent, but she doesn't seem to mind at all.
Agreed, Cafe is beautifully un-nerving, and this is just straight up amazing. I never get bored of looking at Jeremy's work.
I have the all clear from the wife to go ahead and pursue an OG. Let's see how that goes.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Tue May 10, 2011 1:38 pm

HappaHaoli wrote:

Dr,
How much would you charge to make me a animated avatar of the dove blowing in the windows? :lol:
I don't have the chops for an undertaking such as that. :D
ImageX5 Hodor Image
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue May 10, 2011 1:42 pm

it looks like there are arms pushing in on the window from the outside...
A Perfect Vacuum2.JPG
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
RestlessEye
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 10, 2011 1:57 pm

^Cool thought. But I think its just the reflection of the room.
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Tue May 10, 2011 2:04 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:it looks like there are arms pushing in on the window from the outside...
A Perfect Vacuum2.JPG
With that reach it would have to be this guy!
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
rubberneck
Art God

Tue May 10, 2011 2:10 pm

Thore are the inside raw colors of the wood of the frames when they splintered. Mind you, I can see how they look like elongated arms.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue May 10, 2011 2:12 pm

rubberneck wrote:Thore are the inside raw colors of the wood of the frames when they splintered. Mind you, I can see how they look like elongated arms.
i'm honestly not so sure...it looks too thick. but perhaps all my mind is seeing is arms :lol:
Last edited by sidewaysscott on Tue May 10, 2011 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
RiotAct
EB Team

Tue May 10, 2011 2:14 pm

WOW. This might be my first Geddes.
RiotAct
EB Team

Tue May 10, 2011 2:16 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:Flippers, save your money and buy mondo and obey releases.
or Sperrys!!! :D
MalachiConstant
Art Expert

Tue May 10, 2011 2:23 pm

Definitely grabbing my first Geddes' Print.
sixstringer
Art Expert

Tue May 10, 2011 2:42 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:it looks like there are arms pushing in on the window from the outside...
A Perfect Vacuum2.JPG
Yes I see something there in the window....look...
vacuum.gif
Last edited by sixstringer on Tue May 10, 2011 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue May 10, 2011 2:43 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: